ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:57 pm
stonelove wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:50 pm
Hello all,

With Liverpool going into lockdown from Wednesday and possibly the north as well, how will this affect UKVACS appointments and application processing bear in mind that the bulk of application processing is done in the north of UK for UKVI.
I confirm, the email that I have received from the caseworker was from Manchester.

They would allow the use of IDV again in case they would have to close the UKVCAS centres in the North.
Is your case worker's last name similar to the man who went to the moon by any chance? just checkin if it is the same person who responds for this type of query as my one has that last name :D

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:58 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:27 pm
Ameline wrote:
stonelove wrote:
Hello all,

With Liverpool going into lockdown from Wednesday and possibly the north as well, how will this affect UKVACS appointments and application processing bear in mind that the bulk of application processing is done in the north of UK for UKVI.
I confirm, the email that I have received from the caseworker was from Manchester.

They would allow the use of IDV again in case they would have to close the UKVCAS centres in the North.
Is your case worker's last name similar to the man who went to the moon by any chance? just checkin if it is the same person who responds for this type of query as my one has that last name :D

Oooh yes :lol:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:00 pm

Dont tell me you both have the same CW!! :lol: :shock:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:05 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:58 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:27 pm
Ameline wrote:
stonelove wrote:
Hello all,

Oooh yes :lol:
Interesting, must be the same person looking at our case or a person assigned to reply to all emails, in my email he mentioned documents have been received but didn't mention biometrics.

gk777
United Kingdom

Post by gk777 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:11 pm

A friend of mine got his ILR Set(LR) approved today. The application date was 21st July.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:13 pm

@Ameline
Seems like this “moon man” is only focusing on relpying to emails rather on making decisions :lol:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:19 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:13 pm
@Ameline
Seems like this “moon man” is only focusing on relpying to emails rather on making decisions :lol:
I think I'd second that :roll:

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:21 pm

Skeleton wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:17 pm
Applied for ILR Route : Set (O) Tier 1 Entrepreneur (200k) + one dependent
Date application sent : 03/07/2020 via Solicitor

Email from caseworker: 15/07/2020
Documents sent to caseworker: 16/07/2020
Access granted to IDV app: 04/09/2020
Date Biometrics Enrolled via IDV app: 04/09/2020

Face to Face Biometric Enrolled: 05/10/2020
Approval email received: 12/10/2020 via Solicitor
BRP Card Received: waiting

Finally I got my approval and I still can’t believe it
Right to work website showed change of status:no limit on stay in the uk

Thank you guys

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:29 pm

gk777 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:11 pm
A friend of mine got his ILR Set(LR) approved today. The application date was 21st July.
Thank you for that @gk777. Another statistic for my spreadsheet. I was starting to wonder whether we have reverted to Set (LR) decisions drying up as I haven't seen anything yesterday or today on the timeline thread but you proved it to be completely wrong!

Out of interest, are you a Set(LR) applicant as well? If so, could you please let us know when you applied and update the timeline thread?

Also maybe these guys have a moon (wo)men team to deal with all the enquiries "buzzing" around :lol:
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@Ameline
Hahaha yes I think so 😂 and you could never drag anything out of him regarding your application whatsoever 😂😂😂

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:20 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:05 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ameline
Hahaha yes I think so 😂 and you could never drag anything out of him regarding your application whatsoever 😂😂😂
Its clear its a “moon MAN” 😜

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:45 pm

Victor7109 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm
Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:54 pm
Victor7109 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:37 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:07 pm
Btw all SET(M)’s have an advantage by default for BC. So you will jump queue for BC anyways 😜
That is why SET(M) are not prioritised.
Victor7109 you would definitely win the shortest and best first post in this forum :lol:

We all introduced ourselves giving an idea of when and what we applied/are applying for.

Is that all you want to say mate? :lol:
@Ameline. Sorry if came in unannounced. I am so frustrated with UKVI application process right now.
In case you are wondering of my frustration. I lost my job in June after my application , my Brp expired 31/06/2020, I lost a new job offer in September because i couldn't prove my immigration status, I am still within the processing time of six months and my MP asked me to wait 20 days for a feedback after i summoned the courage to write him. Below are my timeline.

Applied for ILR route: Set M
Type of application: Standard
Date application submitted: 22/06/2020
Payment debited: 22/06/2020
Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app: 28/08/2020
Biometrics using IDV: 28/08/2020
In-Person biometric enrolment: 22/09/2020
Decision letter received: Waiting
BRP card received: Waiting
I have been in the same situation before. Do not lose hope. When the visa comes you will find a much better job. I lost a job because my visa wasn't ready. It was devastating for me but after my visa came, I realised that doesn't need that path as an industry and later found myself in Microsoft. It's hard but hung in there.

Victor7109
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Victor7109 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:09 pm

Thanks Kiss300.

SetLR2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by SetLR2020 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:16 pm

Atlast received ILR approval email from Atlas. :D :D :D

It has been a roller coaster ride.

Finally all well thats ends well.

Here is my details -

Set(LR) - applied through solicitor
Application submitted: 27th June
Documents uploaded & submitted in UKVCAS website: 7th July approx
Email received regarding IDV App: 28th Aug
Date Selfie & Travel Doc Submitted via IDV App: 1st Sep
In-Person Biometric Appointment: 18th Sep
Decision Email received: 10th Oct 11 am approx (application Successful) but got email today from my solicitor.
BRP card received: Waiting

I have been following this forum for last few months silently, I must thank all the Gurus, Experts, Moderators and other applicants for their unconditional support and inputs.
This forum has been really helpful and I thank everyone providing inputs to help ease the process.

Good luck to everyone who are waiting for their decision.

joe2jube
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by joe2jube » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:29 pm

irfan20 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:15 pm
joe2jube wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:46 pm
irfan20 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:23 am
Application Type : FLR(M) Extension
Application Submitted online on: 12/05/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: IDV - HO sent email asking facial image 27/08/20 , submitted on same day
Inperson submission: No
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): Yes, via email on 09/06/2020, send on same day
Decision Email: waiting
Decision Letter Received on: waiting
BRP Card Received on: Waiting...
Decision: waiting

Wondering is there anyone else in this group waiting for decision since may? or is there anyone who have received the desicion from similer timeline and had only use IDV app?
Thanks
I submitted in June, same flr m. I did idv on 08/09 and Still waiting for decision.
I had earlier booked an in person appointment for 28/09 but cancelled it on the day due to work commitments.
Now I have booked f2f appointment for 22/10. And I did call the ukvi line if they can escalate. The guy who received the call says I will hear a response from ukvi within 10 working days.
Today is the 10th working day since the inquiry and I have not heard any response.
Am hoping and praying that Insha’Allah I get a before even my appointment on the 22nd.

I hope you get a decision soon
Thanks for the update lets hope UKVI will start processing FLR(M) application soon :(
Got this email from VandCSheffield.Escalations@homeoffice.gov.uk today, after calling ukvi contact no 2 weeks ago:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your case is awaiting your biometric enrolment. As soon as you have attended your biometric appointment, the decision-making team will then be able to continue your application.

Sopra Centres were closed as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, but they are now re-opened and are slowly processing applications. For any further biometric information please refer to their website: www.soprasteria.co.uk
They will send an invite letter for biometrics in due course, but be advised you can check the appointment system frequently to obtain an appointment. Further information on UKVACS can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/ukvcas.

Some applicants may be eligible for a biometric re-use via the UKVCAS IDV app. If you have submitted via the IDV app then your case will be in the queue to have biometrics reinjected and case worked. If there are any issues with the information submitted and we need additional information, you will be contacted. If you have followed guidance around submitting through the app then everything should be ok, it is just a matter of waiting.

If you have submitted your application prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. Therefore, you should not be concerned about your leave, while awaiting your application decision.

A decision will be made as soon as possible. We apologise for any delays caused by the Coronavirus situation.

Your patience is appreciated at this unprecedented time.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:52 am

UKVCAS Service Update 12th October:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
Take note of local, regional and national Covid-19 regulations BEFORE you book an appointment.
Before you book an appointment, please ensure that you are following local COVID-19 regulations.
These vary from one area to another so do check that it is safe and legal for you to travel to a UKVCAS service point, particularly if it is outside your locality.

UKVCAS is considered an essential service by the UK government and our staff are seen as key workers.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:21 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:52 am

Take note of local, regional and national Covid-19 regulations BEFORE you book an appointment.
Before you book an appointment, please ensure that you are following local COVID-19 regulations.
These vary from one area to another so do check that it is safe and legal for you to travel to a UKVCAS service point, particularly if it is outside your locality.

UKVCAS is considered an essential service by the UK government and our staff are seen as key workers.
hmmm interesting. SO...if the government considers UKVCAS to be essential and key workers, why were the centres shut down in the first place? I understand introducing the IDV app to manage the workload and backlog, especially with measures to restrict/slow the spread of the virus, but the shutting of the centres doesn't align with the latest statement. Now, I fully advocate doing everything that is necessary to curb the spread of the virus and condemn non-essential services staying open...I would never protest in favour of something that would potentially put people's lives at risk, but given that so many people's lives depend on this service that has now been deemed "key" and "essential", it does make you wonder why they were shut down in the first place allowing the backlog to exponentially increase... :? :roll: :shock:
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 am

Well noted, maybe it took them 2 months and over (27th March - 1 June) to realise that they are key workers... :evil:

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:18 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:21 am
CULLINAN wrote:

hmmm interesting. SO...if the government considers UKVCAS to be essential and key workers, why were the centres shut down in the first place? I understand introducing the IDV app to manage the workload and backlog, especially with measures to restrict/slow the spread of the virus, but the shutting of the centres doesn't align with the latest statement. Now, I fully advocate doing everything that is necessary to curb the spread of the virus and condemn non-essential services staying open...I would never protest in favour of something that would potentially put people's lives at risk, but given that so many people's lives depend on this service that has now been deemed "key" and "essential", it does make you wonder why they were shut down in the first place allowing the backlog to exponentially increase... :? :roll: :shock:
Fully understand your anguish given your circumstances as you cannot start a job unless a decision is made
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:41 am

ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Initially I think they did not have a covid secure place to work. Now probab they have invested and got such a place. So; they r able to work now

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:50 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:29 pm
gk777 wrote:
Thank you for that @gk777. Another statistic for my spreadsheet. I was starting to wonder whether we have reverted to Set (LR) decisions drying up as I haven't seen anything yesterday or today on the timeline thread but you proved it to be completely wrong!

Out of interest, are you a Set(LR) applicant as well? If so, could you please let us know when you applied and update the timeline thread?

Also maybe these guys have a moon (wo)men team to deal with all the enquiries "buzzing" around :lol:
July 21st! That sounds like quite a jump from the 7,8th and 10th of July decisions we've been seeing!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am

jamd12 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:50 am
ajitu92 wrote:
gk777 wrote:

July 21st! That sounds like quite a jump from the 7,8th and 10th of July decisions we've been seeing!
Indeed...they must be dealing with all July applications at the moment, going in not so strict date order for that month.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:18 am

poper wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:18 am
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Fully understand your anguish given your circumstances as you cannot start a job unless a decision is made
I'm not even considering myself to be honest. I am just one of many MANY people who are in between a rock and a hard place...mortgages, jobs, travelling to see family members in precarious health conditions etc. etc. I feel more for the people who applied in March/April/May who have had to deal with the worst of the fallout from the situation. In my case, I got lucky quite on a few fronts, plus I was able to apply and get an appointment for biometrics on my first eligibility date. Now, if we talk about priority and super-priority services, that's a whole different story, but I'm sure everyone who would have taken advantage of that option in normal circumstances feels the same.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:00 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am
jamd12 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
gk777 wrote:

Indeed...they must be dealing with all July applications at the moment, going in not so strict date order for that month.
dont tink they r actually going in any order. My application was submitted in april and still not heard bk from them.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:20 am

Toxic wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:00 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am
jamd12 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

dont tink they r actually going in any order. My application was submitted in april and still not heard bk from them.
Generally may be true, but I was referring specifically to Set (LR)