ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am

@toxic
dont tink they r actually going in any order. My application was submitted in april and still not heard bk from them.
Your 6 months are over today. Contact UKVI today and wait for a week. If you do not hear anything consider contacting your local MP.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

raziz15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by raziz15 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:57 am

Hi All

Is there an email address Set(O) applicants can use to contact the HO?

The equivalent of UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk for Set(M) applicants.

Best
Rooshan

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am
@toxic
dont tink they r actually going in any order. My application was submitted in april and still not heard bk from them.
Your 6 months are over today. Contact UKVI today and wait for a week. If you do not hear anything consider contacting your local MP.
I will do.
thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Am I correct to observe that overall decisions have slowed down this week (at least the ones reported on the forum)??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:18 pm
Am I correct to observe that overall decisions have slowed down this week (at least the ones reported on the forum)??
Yeah it seemed like there was a huge rush in people reporting decisions late last week and over the weekend, but not much now.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:18 pm
Seems like it, yeah. Unless people just aren't posting/updating since they are so overjoyed that they forget :lol: That being said, we're still only on Tuesday, so lets see how the rest of the week goes. Here's hoping it's just the ATLAS system buffering and it churns out a ton of emails at once :D
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:48 pm

I am just assuming the new local lockdown restrictions may have to play a role.. as North is in bad shape where all applications are mostly processed.. although offices are open but you never know if they are told to work from home etc.....

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:48 pm
I am just assuming the new local lockdown restrictions may have to play a role.. as North is in bad shape where all applications are mostly processed.. although offices are open but you never know if they are told to work from home etc.....
Possibly, but it's only Liverpool that is the worst, the rest of the north is pretty much still the same. Besides no new lockdown is as restrictive as the original national lockdown which they have already navigated so should have processes by now to deal with the this.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

MKT
Newly Registered
India

Post by MKT » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:03 pm

Sorry if this is not the relevant forum, but I really need help!

Finally when the Tier 2 general visa (switched from Tier 4 Visa) approval email came, the BRP card is taking longer than the usual to get delivered. No tracking email as well yet. Could someone please guide if the dependents can still apply for their visa in their home country using this approval email instead of Main applicant's BRP card as a proof? My kids and wife are waiting from so long to join me here in UK and it has been a roller coaster journey so far. Every step is testing our patience now.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

MKT
Newly Registered
India

Post by MKT » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:03 pm

Finally when the Tier 2 general visa (switched from Tier 4 Visa) approval email came, the BRP card is taking longer than the usual to get delivered. No tracking email as well yet. Could someone please guide if the dependents can still apply for their visa in their home country using this approval email instead of Main applicant's BRP card as a proof? My kids and wife are waiting from so long to join me here in UK and it has been a roller coaster journey so far. Every step is testing our patience now.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:08 pm

MKT wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:03 pm

Unfortunately approval letter alone is not the proof of your immigration status. You will have to wait for your BRP.

Longterm-PR
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Longterm-PR » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:09 pm

Hi Experts,
Need your expert comments.

I applied for SET-LR on 15th Sep and submitted IDV app on 23rd Sep. I also took the biometrics appointment and submitted my biometrics today.
For my wife’s submission there was a problem with one finger and they could not take the scan properly. They tried multiple times but said its not coming correctly. Finally they gave us a letter which says they have only taken scan of 9 fingers and left one finger and provided a reason. They have asked us to upload it where we have uploaded all other documents.
I am a bit worried that this might impact the application itself. We have given biometrics 6 times in last 10 years but never faced an issue.
Could you please let me know if this might be an issue or should I try contacting UKVCAS for another booking ? Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:13 pm

Longterm-PR wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:09 pm
Hi Experts,

I applied for SET-LR on 15th Sep and submitted IDV app on 23rd Sep. I also took the biometrics appointment and submitted my biometrics today.
For my wife’s submission there was a problem with one finger and they could not take the scan properly. They tried multiple times but said its not coming correctly. Finally they gave us a letter which says they have only taken scan of 9 fingers and left one finger and provided a reason. They have asked us to upload it where we have uploaded all other documents.
I am a bit worried that this might impact the application itself. We have given biometrics 6 times in last 10 years but never faced an issue.
Could you please let me know if this might be an issue or should I try contacting UKVCAS for another booking ? Many Thanks
Your fine. 8/10 fingers should match. The staff followed the correct procedure. Dont worry.

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

Post by sugaz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:31 pm

[quote=Longterm-PR post_id=1948618 time=1602594576 user_id=240508]
Hi Experts,

[/quote]

SET(M) application. In Person biometrics 01/10.
We had a similar experience. we were given an letter stating the the index finger are not scars but natural lines. We were not asked to upload the letter. They have typed the same on the screen

We have provided biometrics at least 3 times before in the last 8 years but don't know why this time it was a problem.

As such this wont impact the application itself.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:13 pm
Longterm-PR wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:09 pm
Hi Experts,

Your fine. 8/10 fingers should match. The staff followed the correct procedure. Dont worry.
Pages 16-22

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... t_v4_0.pdf

Longterm-PR
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Longterm-PR » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:48 pm

Thanks Cullinan and Sugaz. You have helped in settling some nerves 🙂. In these times any small deviation seems like a big roadblock, so thanks for your clarifications.

cheeish
Newly Registered

Post by cheeish » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Hello friends , i sent an email to: ukvisetm@homeoffice@gov.uk

And got reply as below

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We have received your biometrics and are currently working on getting your decision finalised. We will be in touch in due course with updates.

It is from case worker SET M Manchester

Applied on 7July2020 ( SETM)
IDV on 29August2020
F2F Appointment on 23Sep2020
Decision: still waiting

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:32 pm

cheeish wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:02 pm

And got reply as below

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We have received your biometrics and are currently working on getting your decision finalised. We will be in touch in due course with updates.

IDV on 29August2020
You should hear the good news soon!! :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:20 pm
If anyone is following FLR(M), my friend applied on 9th Sep, biometrics in person on 30th Sep, generic automated delay email on 10th Oct..i.e. case can not be processed within 8 weeks bla bla.
My friend got FLR(M) approval today. Quick Indeed.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 pm

cheeish wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:02 pm

And got reply as below

Good afternoon,

IDV on 29August2020
How long ago did you send the email? Was it just like 'Heyyy I'm worried, do you have my biometrics?'

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:20 pm
If anyone is following FLR(M), my friend applied on 9th Sep, biometrics in person on 30th Sep, generic automated delay email on 10th Oct..i.e. case can not be processed within 8 weeks bla bla.
My friend got FLR(M) approval today. Quick Indeed.
Wow, so fast! Congrats to them 8)

Victor7109
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Victor7109 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Hello Guys,

I just got the below from the 'MOON MAN' now after i sent an email today.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your query. I have checked with the relevant department and they are working on getting your decision finalised. We will be in touch in due course with a decision.

Kind regards,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:56 pm

Victor7109 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm
Hello Guys,

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your query. I have checked with the relevant department and they are working on getting your decision finalised. We will be in touch in due course with a decision.

Kind regards,
“Moon Man” is proactive in replying to emails 😂

Victor7109
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Victor7109 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:57 pm

Victor7109 wrote:
Hello Guys,

Good afternoon,

Kind regards,
SET(M)

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:03 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:56 pm
Victor7109 wrote:
Hello Guys,

Good afternoon,

Kind regards,
“Moon Man” is proactive in replying to emails 😂
I guess he has got better internet up there than we have here on earth 😂