ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:08 pm

I think “Moon Man” can not be the CW for so many here, coincidence? Dont think so... I think the email department is handled by the “moon man” though..lol
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Victor7109
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Victor7109 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:10 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:03 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:56 pm
Victor7109 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm
Hello Guys,

I just got the below from the 'MOON MAN' now after i sent an email today.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your query. I have checked with the relevant department and they are working on getting your decision finalised. We will be in touch in due course with a decision.

Kind regards,
“Moon Man” is proactive in replying to emails 😂
I guess he has got better internet up there than we have here on earth 😂
I am sure he is trying to keep up to daily email responses as a good customer service :lol:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:15 pm

The “moon man” will be confused why all of a sudden he has started receiving the same biometrics related queries though.. 🙆‍♂️
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:15 pm
The “moon man” will be confused why all of a sudden he has started receiving the same biometrics related queries though.. 🙆‍♂️
Not if our in-house spy has relayed the info to him, though 😂😏
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:34 pm

"Moon Man" can definitely make the difference between June/July applicants (Victor7109 and Cheeish) saying "are working on getting your decision finalised" and myself who applied only in September not being tempted to say anything of this :lol: :lol: :lol:

bubblezzz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bubblezzz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I received my decision via email on 5th October but I haven't received my brp and it's the 7th working day. I'm worried, is anyone in the same situation?

Would really appreciate any advice/tips!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:56 pm

bubblezzz wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:48 pm
Hi everyone,

I received my decision via email on 5th October but I haven't received my brp and it's the 7th working day. I'm worried, is anyone in the same situation?

You should wait or otherwise follow:

general-uk-immigration-forum/brp-card-n ... l#p1948636

MKT
Newly Registered
India

Post by MKT » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:02 pm

bubblezzz wrote:
Hi everyone,

Same here, My visa approval email came on 2nd Oct and no tracking email even yet 😔

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Keir Starmer calls for ‘Circuit breaker’ national lockdown for 2/3 weeks.. if that happens.. which seems likely.. we are going back to square 1...

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Lmao ok now I'm mildly worried. I emailed the SET(M) email address - keeping in mind I have not heard a single peep from UKVI since submitting my application and paying - and less than 15 mins later I get a 'survey' email from them!

But here's the part that worries me:

Dear ...,

UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.

Met??? Mate, you still haven't met them! You are not done! What the hell. The timing is so weird.

Ashwin_18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashwin_18 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:13 pm

Ashwin_18 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm
Ashwin_18 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:14 pm
I submitted my Set(O) T2G application on the 13th of September. Went for the standard procedure as that was the only existing option. i have also uploaded and submitted my documents in UKVCAS website on the 13th of Sep. Can i book for an appointment on the 21 of September. As new applicants from Sep 5 wont be receiving invites for IDV app does it mean the wait time is now reduced and we are able to book an appointment quicker.
Could someone explain please ? How does this work ?
Yes. You can book an appointment from 21st Sep. Even if you have already uploaded and submitted documents, you still have to attend an appointment to submit your biometrics.
My application is successful. just received an email :) :)
T2G Set(O)
Application submitted : 13 Sep
Documents uploaded & submitted in UKVCAS website : 13 Sep
Payment Debited : 14 Sep
Email received regarding IDV App : 23 Sep
In-Person Biometric Appointment : 5 Oct (Dingwall road,Croydon) - £110
Decision Email received : 8 Oct (application Successful)
BRP card received : Waiting

My sincere thanks to Cullinan and all other member's who actively contribute valuable information in this forum. you guys are the best . God bless !!

Received my BRP card today : 13 Oct 2020
It took me exactly one month from the date(13 Sep 2020) I Submitted my application.

Thanks Again and wish you all success with your applications !!

Good luck to all the applicants.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:13 pm

MKT wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:02 pm
bubblezzz wrote:
Hi everyone,

Same here, My visa approval email came on 2nd Oct and no tracking email even yet 😔
I might be wrong but I think the new delivery company that UKVI uses for the BRP delivery (called TNT) does not do tracking, and they just post it through your letterbox.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:14 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:12 pm
Lmao ok now I'm mildly worried. I emailed the SET(M) email address - keeping in mind I have not heard a single peep from UKVI since submitting my application and paying - and less than 15 mins later I get a 'survey' email from them!

Dear ...,

UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.

Met??? Mate, you still haven't met them! You are not done! What the hell. The timing is so weird.
Did you check your prove your right to work page?? Is it changed?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:16 pm

Congratulations Ashwin_18 🥳

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:18 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:14 pm
kittycatkeeb wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Dear ...,

Did you check your prove your right to work page?? Is it changed?
Yeah I check all the time. It always says 'error' because my BRP expired and I'm currently covered by Section 3C :(

EDIT: Sorry to clarify, the email wasn't a reply from the SET(M) email, it was a generic UKVI survey! But the timing is still weird.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:20 pm

@kittycatkeeb

Thats what I meant regarding the timing, usually this survey is received after a decision is made so I am assuming this might be a good news for you soon......

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:23 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:20 pm
@kittycatkeeb

Thats what I meant regarding the timing, usually this survey is received after a decision is made so I am assuming this might be a good news for you soon......
Oh boy :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :?

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:25 pm

"One small step for man, one giant step for email responding"

Yes the lunar boy is pretty efficient in responding to query emails but I agree Cullinan, he must be thinkin how and why is he getting emails now everyday ha

I am counting days now for the due course to arrive, I hope it gets here soon, hopefully this week maybe, it has been a month since in person appointment on top of IDV :(

james8943
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by james8943 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:20 pm
If anyone is following FLR(M), my friend applied on 9th Sep, biometrics in person on 30th Sep, generic automated delay email on 10th Oct..i.e. case can not be processed within 8 weeks bla bla.
My friend got FLR(M) approval today. Quick Indeed.
That makes no sense for us that applied for FLR(M) back on the 1st May!

ILRwaiting2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ILRwaiting2020 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:11 pm
Keir Starmer calls for ‘Circuit breaker’ national lockdown for 2/3 weeks.. if that happens.. which seems likely.. we are going back to square 1...
Do they not work from home anyway?😭

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:35 pm

james8943 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:20 pm
If anyone is following FLR(M), my friend applied on 9th Sep, biometrics in person on 30th Sep, generic automated delay email on 10th Oct..i.e. case can not be processed within 8 weeks bla bla.
My friend got FLR(M) approval today. Quick Indeed.
That makes no sense for us that applied for FLR(M) back on the 1st May!
His case was very straight forward as he met all the requirements with 2 British kids and strong cohabitation documents. Plus I guided him to keep all his documents well organised and attend an in-person appointment and self-submission of documents before biometrics. I guess the timing of applying right when UKVCAS resumed normal operations and his strong/well organised case led to the quick decision. Having said that, many would have the same strong cases but its pure luck also.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:36 pm

ILRwaiting2020 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:34 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Not sure...if another national lockdown happens for 2/3 weeks, it will mess up things further..

ILRwaiting2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ILRwaiting2020 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:36 pm
ILRwaiting2020 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Not sure...if another national lockdown happens for 2/3 weeks, it will mess up things further..
What are they going to mess further than what is already messed up?

People's lives are on halt. Just try to solace myself that people are struggling with bigger things. 😌

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
ILRwaiting2020 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Highly doubt that would happen, but given the way everything has been going...who knows! :|
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:46 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:43 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
ILRwaiting2020 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Highly doubt that would happen, but given the way everything has been going...who knows! :|
Yes you never know but SAGE and opposition pressure is building up.. given schools are going for half term holidays anyways... it could be a possibility.. but time will tell...