ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alakazam

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Alakazam » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Hi all

I received my approval email from UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk at 1pm today (13 Oct).

Very relieved. Thanks to everyone for their input and all the support during this stressful time.

My timeline
Application submitted: 08 June
IDV Submission: 28 Aug
In Person Bio: 08 Oct
Decision Email: 13 Oct

I am inclined to believe that the in person bio appointment expedited my case.

At the in person Bio appointment, they only needed my passport for scanning. Although I took all my docs, they said they are only checking the quality of the scans of the docs in the mandatory docs section. I took originals of all supporting docs just in case.

Best regards
Alakazam

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Alakazam wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:52 pm
Hi all

I received my approval email from UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk at 1pm today (13 Oct).

Very relieved. Thanks to everyone for their input and all the support during this stressful time.

My timeline
Application submitted: 08 June
IDV Submission: 28 Aug
In Person Bio: 08 Oct
Decision Email: 13 Oct

I am inclined to believe that the in person bio appointment expedited my case.

At the in person Bio appointment, they only needed my passport for scanning. Although I took all my docs, they said they are only checking the quality of the scans of the docs in the mandatory docs section. I took originals of all supporting docs just in case.

Best regards
Alakazam
Congrats!

corasson

Post by corasson » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:31 pm

Hi everyone got my approval email today on SET LR. Applied 27/05/2020. Submitted biometric through the IDV app on 29th August. I did not do the in person submission.

Thank you and good luck everyone.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Interesting read:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ermanently
Restrictions were put in place across Europe and other parts of the world in the run up to the UK outbreak, which will also have impacted travel to the UK prior to these dates. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the UK immigration system, both in terms of restricting migrant movements to and from the UK and the impact on operational capacity.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

james8943
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by james8943 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:35 pm
james8943 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:20 pm
If anyone is following FLR(M), my friend applied on 9th Sep, biometrics in person on 30th Sep, generic automated delay email on 10th Oct..i.e. case can not be processed within 8 weeks bla bla.
My friend got FLR(M) approval today. Quick Indeed.
That makes no sense for us that applied for FLR(M) back on the 1st May!
His case was very straight forward as he met all the requirements with 2 British kids and strong cohabitation documents. Plus I guided him to keep all his documents well organised and attend an in-person appointment and self-submission of documents before biometrics. I guess the timing of applying right when UKVCAS resumed normal operations and his strong/well organised case led to the quick decision. Having said that, many would have the same strong cases but its pure luck also.
Pleased for your friend, I certainly know the help a well organised submission can make too. Just frustrated at the lottery of it all. Were you saying at the 6 month point (so 1 Nov here), that paves the way to involving your MP - or are there better escalation routes?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 pm

@James8943

I completely understand your frustration which is clearly justified given you have been waiting for a long time. The service standard for FLR(M) is 8 weeks. However, due to covid, service standards can not be questioned.. did you try contacting HO so far? Did you receive any kind of generic emails/correspondence to your contact (if any)?

When did you provide biometrics?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

octave009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by octave009 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:18 pm

Hello Group Members and Experts

Need some help

I am trying to book an appointment for biometrics(Set O) on UKVCAS since morning but cant see any available slot till 9th Nov (have tried various service points in london area)

1)Does anyone know of there is any particular time of the day when new slots are added for the next day (10th Nov in this case)

2)Can there be any cancellations which could open up any slots in the next 3 week and i should keep on checking (though chances could be less due to limited slots)

Appreciate if someone can share their experience

Kind Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:24 pm

@octave009

1) 12 midnight the far end next day will open.. for example if system is only showing up till 9th Nov.. after 36 min.. it should show for 10th Nov..

2) There maybe cancellations. But for that you need to keep looking without booking an appointment, once you book, you can not view availability without cancelling first, and if you cancel, you might not even get the older date..

octave009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by octave009 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:27 pm

Thanks for the quick response Cullinan

I'll try in 33 mins and see how is goes - and will share the experience

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:27 pm

octave009 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:27 pm

Will let me know how it goes...Also try different postcodes if you are willing to travel (and can travel legally between the different corona - city Tier levels), you may get a quicker appointment... note only core centres will offer free appointments (if any availability)..

octave009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by octave009 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:37 pm

Good to know that only core centres offer free appointment. Although will still check the availability in all london service points - there are 8 in total (excluding premium one)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:45 pm

BORIS Johnson is considering a "short sharp" coronavirus lockdown of up to two weeks over much of England to coincide with the school half-term break, senior Tory insiders have told the Daily Express.
A Tory MP added: “It feels like a big clampdown is on the way and half term is the obvious time to do it.”

A Downing Street source said: "We are not ruling anything out. We haven't taken a circuit breaker off the table. There are various ways of doing it.
The move is likely to come in during the week starting on Monday 26 October when most English schools are on their half-term break but could be extended by up to a fortnight.

ILRwaiting2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ILRwaiting2020 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:45 pm
BORIS Johnson is considering a "short sharp" coronavirus lockdown of up to two weeks over much of England to coincide with the school half-term break, senior Tory insiders have told the Daily Express.
A Tory MP added: “It feels like a big clampdown is on the way and half term is the obvious time to do it.”

A Downing Street source said: "We are not ruling anything out. We haven't taken a circuit breaker off the table. There are various ways of doing it.
The move is likely to come in during the week starting on Monday 26 October when most English schools are on their half-term break but could be extended by up to a fortnight.
And, here it comes. 🙄
I don't understand one thing what is taking them so long on applications. Why the impact of suspending priority not considered?

octave009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by octave009 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:12 am

CULLINAN wrote:
octave009 wrote:

Will let me know how it goes...Also try different postcodes if you are willing to travel (and can travel legally between the different corona - city Tier levels), you may get a quicker appointment... note only core centres will offer free appointments (if any availability)..
Its been 10 minutes - no new slots added yet

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:23 am

octave009 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:12 am
CULLINAN wrote:
octave009 wrote:

Its been 10 minutes - no new slots added yet
Not sure why, maybe due less availability again.. however UKVCAS latest update claims:
‘Rolling’ Booking Calendar Returns
Great news! The booking calendar is now offering 4 weeks of appointments, with a new date released every day. This offers a mix of free and chargeable appointments. Please note, free appointments do get booked up very quickly.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:30 am

@octave009
Check different postcodes.

octave009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by octave009 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:35 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:30 am
@octave009
Tried everything , no luck today. Will see tomorrow - thanks a lot cullinan for the inputs

Dodiddone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dodiddone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:04 am

octave009 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:35 am
CULLINAN wrote:
@octave009
Tried everything , no luck today. Will see tomorrow - thanks a lot cullinan for the inputs
When i rebooked a week ago, it only refreshed after 1am. Hope UKVCAS hasn't changed this yet. However, I am not sure if their flash message about opening more slots is true or they are not opening slots for all centers at the same time even after refreshing. Southampton is my preferred center but I have never seen a slot available no matter when I logged in to check in a day, not even after rolling out a new day. As for the location, there were a lot more available slots in the North than in the South. In the South, I could only find in London and Reading. Good Luck!

Dodiddone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dodiddone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:05 am

octave009 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:35 am
CULLINAN wrote:
@octave009
When i rebooked a week ago, it only refreshed after 1am. Hope UKVCAS hasn't changed this yet. However, I am not sure if their flash message about opening more slots is true or they are not opening slots for all centers at the same time even after refreshing. Southampton is my preferred center but I have never seen a slot available no matter when I logged in to check in a day, not even after rolling out a new day. As for the location, there were a lot more available slots in the North than in the South. In the South, I could only find in London and Reading. Good Luck!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 am

CULLINAN wrote:

Please if you know, did the previous lockdown impact only appointments or were the decisions for those who had submitted biometrics before the lockdown impacted as well. In other words, the Home Office staff will obviously be working at an even more reduced capacity but will they still be taking decisions on applications?

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:46 am

gag285 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 am
CULLINAN wrote:

Please if you know, did the previous lockdown impact only appointments or were the decisions for those who had submitted biometrics before the lockdown impacted as well. In other words, the Home Office staff will obviously be working at an even more reduced capacity but will they still be taking decisions on applications?
There have been decisions made during the lockdown of all categories from Nov-March applicants . It has been then slowed down because applicants from end March onwards could not get their bios done up to June when they have opened the centres again for in-person appointments.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:47 am

gag285 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

There have been decisions made during the lockdown of all categories from Nov-March applicants . It has been then slowed down because applicants from end March onwards could not get their bios done up to June when they have opened the centres again for in-person appointments.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:07 am

Ameline wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:47 am
gag285 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Thanks Ameline

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:33 pm

In another forum I'm on, someone posted today saying they had their in-person biometrics appointment today and afterwards received a text message that said, "Your information has now been submitted to UKVI. Please contact UKVI direct on 0300 123 2241 if you have any queries. Thank you for using the UKVCAS service."

Lots of people said they also got the text message, including people who had not specifically paid for the SMS service.

I never got that message and so it's fuelling my worry more. :? :? :? Did people on here get that text message? If so, did you pay for the SMS service or not?

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:38 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:33 pm
In another forum I'm on, someone posted today saying they had their in-person biometrics appointment today and afterwards received a text message that said, "Your information has now been submitted to UKVI. Please contact UKVI direct on 0300 123 2241 if you have any queries. Thank you for using the UKVCAS service."

Lots of people said they also got the text message, including people who had not specifically paid for the SMS service.

I never got that message and so it's fuelling my worry more. :? :? :? Did people on here get that text message? If so, did you pay for the SMS service or not?
I paid for this and got the text few hours after my biometrics.