ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension - BRP received/ Decision letter NOT received

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b4r1786

Spouse Visa Extension - BRP received/ Decision letter NOT received

Post by b4r1786 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi

I sent off my wifes application for an extension (FLR M) in June. I received an email saying there would be a delay. However the next day my wife received a BRP until 02/2023. However, i have had no letter or email confirming the decision.

Do the home office usually send out a decision letter or email?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension - BRP received/ Decision letter NOT received

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:48 pm

b4r1786 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Not to everyone
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

wanderer05
Mood:
India

Post by wanderer05 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:42 am

One of my friend got BRO first and decision letter via post later on, so could be the case.

Anyways you have BRP so having decision letter or not is irrelevant.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:03 am

b4r1786 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:15 pm
Hi

I sent off my wifes application for an extension (FLR M) in June. I received an email saying there would be a delay. However the next day my wife received a BRP until 02/2023. However, i have had no letter or email confirming the decision.

A lot of people wished theirs come that easy. Be on the look out for the letter, if not reach out to HO to cover all basis.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 am

wanderer05 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:42 am
One of my friend got BRO first and decision letter via post later on, so could be the case.

Not getting a decision letter is not irrelevant.

A decision letter may confirm a pathway an applicant is on, for example, five or ten year pathway to ILR. A decision letter will also be useful should there be a need to request a reconsideration of a decision.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

wanderer05
Mood:
India

Post by wanderer05 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:24 pm

Korekt wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 am
wanderer05 wrote:

A decision letter may confirm a pathway an applicant is on, for example, five or ten year pathway to ILR. A decision letter will also be useful should there be a need to request a reconsideration of a decision.
Think you missing the context mate. I have replied to answer where BRP is being received and btw all the info is on the BRP which route and all so do not think in that way.

You might have your ways which is perfectly fine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:11 pm

wanderer05 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:24 pm
Korekt wrote:
wanderer05 wrote:

Think you missing the context mate. I have replied to answer where BRP is being received and btw all the info is on the BRP which route and all so do not think in that way.

You are missing the point. The letter is hugely relevant to a spouse visa extension to ensure the leave granted is on either the FLR M 5 year path or the FLR FP 10 year partner OR parent path for whatever reason. The brp will not state this information specifically either.

If you have experience of the difference tules for spouse visas, it is best not to comment. It is NOT the same as tier 2 rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:11 pm
wanderer05 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:24 pm
Korekt wrote:
wanderer05 wrote:

You are missing the point. The letter is hugely relevant to a spouse visa extension to ensure the leave granted is on either the FLR M 5 year path or the FLR FP 10 year partner OR parent path for whatever reason. The brp will not state this information specifically either.

If you have experience of the difference tules for spouse visas, it is best not to comment. It is NOT the same as tier 2 rules.
There is a very SLIGHT variation of wording on the BRP for a 10 year partner route (which will just say LTR) or for a FLRM 5 year route it'll actually say Spouse instead. But yes, it is important to get a copy of the approval letter posted/emailed through. I am not sure why there is such a difference in the way people are getting their decisions as the HO caseworkers must follow a set procedure of rules in order to finalise a case! I would recommend you call UKVI and request this info.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:09 pm

how exactly do you know if you are on a 5 yr or 10 year route, will the first HO letter for initial stipulate or will the extension one stipulate

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:18 pm

Massmass wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:09 pm
how exactly do you know if you are on a 5 yr or 10 year route, will the first HO letter for initial stipulate or will the extension one stipulate
Appears you got response on another thread. Concisely, the 5 year route will state in a company letter D Partner (Standard).