ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age difference of parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Miansh1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Age difference of parents

Post by Miansh1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:42 pm

Hi,

I am trying to explore a few options for my parents to sponsor them for the UK, as I have a British passport. However, I found out that there is a potential age blunder in my parents' passports. My age difference with my mother is just eight years while with my father, it is around 14 years. In Pakistan, there was no proper system at that time, and these mistakes carried on for decades. Nobody actually cared what their accurate data of birth was. Now, as I am applying for their visa, these issues might not be ignored. If we want to fix the issue, it would be lengthy and painstakingly process. For that purpose, my parents need to change their passports, and national identity cards and even the property documents need to be effected.

My question is, would it be a reason for the rejection in case of any visa I apply (visit visa, Sunrindar Singh etc)? Would they make any objection and can jeopardise the case? What would be the solution?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Age difference of parents

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:05 am

What visa exactly are they applying for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Miansh1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miansh1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:05 am
What visa exactly are they applying for??
Well, first want to see the family reunification (Surindar Singh) and then family visit. But I am told that if the family reunification declined then they would never get a visit visa. But now the issue is age differences with me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:30 am

How do you believe your parents qualify for surinder Singh?? This has very specific requirements, if the process was followed prior to 31st January 2020 and you AND your parents were living under the EU rules in another EU state and you were exercising treaty rights (not in the UK).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Miansh1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miansh1 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:30 am
How do you believe your parents qualify for surinder Singh?? This has very specific requirements, if the process was followed prior to 31st January 2020 and you AND your parents were living under the EU rules in another EU state and you were exercising treaty rights (not in the UK).
I have another thread opened which has more details. The link is provided up there.

The question which I asked in this thread is about the age differences. I do not know if I explained it properly. It does not matter which category I apply, my question is would the age discrepancy be issue.

I have been in the UK for more than 15 years and never sponsored my parents as I always visit them but this year situation is different, so I thought I would ask them to come here. But now found out that their date of births in their passports is weird when tallying with mine. They should be over 65, but in documents, they are between 51 and 56. Even the age difference between my mom and I is around eight years, which is ridiculous. I guess the issue started decades ago when there were manual ID card system and a typo or whatever you call it caused it.

When it comes to the visa officer, I do not know how he will perceive it. Even there is no foul play as I can provide a family tree which official database proving the relationship; their ID cards, passports, land docs etc all are proofs. The government asked us to fix the issue, but it will take ages for us to fix all these documents, it seems that it is beyond repairable. Later I found out from one of the government officials that there are 10,000s of such cases, so we are not alone.

I hope you understood my question and whether you have come across such a situation or have any anecdotal evidence of how to tackle it.

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by UK245 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:49 pm

This doesn't make sense. Your parents must have CNIC cards, for many years? They must have FRC's, passports, marriage certificate, all kinds of things showing their dates of birth? If they are inaccurate across the board, why have they never bothered to have them corrected?
UKHO will not believe your parents are your parents. as they can't possibly be based on their official ages on their official ID's, and as they have never made any attempt to change them, it will not be accepted they are wrong. Especially as they are both, independently, wrong?

Unless you can get properly verified, attested and reliable new ID for them with their correct dates of birth, you have no hope of them being accepted as your parents.

You;ve also no hope of the Surinder Singh working either, but thats a different story....

Miansh1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miansh1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:09 am

UK245 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:49 pm
This doesn't make sense. Your parents must have CNIC cards, for many years? They must have FRC's, passports, marriage certificate, all kinds of things showing their dates of birth? If they are inaccurate across the board, why have they never bothered to have them corrected?
UKHO will not believe your parents are your parents. as they can't possibly be based on their official ages on their official ID's, and as they have never made any attempt to change them, it will not be accepted they are wrong. Especially as they are both, independently, wrong?

Unless you can get properly verified, attested and reliable new ID for them with their correct dates of birth, you have no hope of them being accepted as your parents.

You;ve also no hope of the Surinder Singh working either, but thats a different story....
Thanks for your message. Yes, they have CNIC, passports. They traveled outside Pakistan as well. When it comes to the issue it is with my my date of birth as I am I am oldest in their childern. My date of both can be traced back to dozens of educational transcripts, ID card, passports all along to my bith certificate.
I even provided my parents date of births to Home Office from time to time for extensions and even to the British Passport. They never pointed out the issue.

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by UK245 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:51 am

The issue is NOT with your date of birth, unless your date of birth is wrong. The issue is that your parents have apparently been using documents with fake dates of birth on them for a long time. Why have they been doing that and why did they never get accurate documentation?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:00 pm

Miansh1 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:09 am
UK245 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:49 pm

Thanks for your message. Yes, they have CNIC, passports. They traveled outside Pakistan as well. When it comes to the issue it is with my my date of birth as I am I am oldest in their childern. My date of both can be traced back to dozens of educational transcripts, ID card, passports all along to my bith certificate.
I even provided my parents date of births to Home Office from time to time for extensions and even to the British Passport. They never pointed out the issue. Why should they point it out if it's not obvious to you all the while? HO is not bound to not until it has something to do with them.

Miansh1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miansh1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:19 pm

UK245 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:51 am
The issue is NOT with your date of birth, unless your date of birth is wrong. The issue is that your parents have apparently been using documents with bad quality dates of birth on them for a long time. Why have they been doing that and why did they never get accurate documentation?
Thanks to all of you. I really appreciate your feedback and comments.

But now the question is what is the probability that it can be an issue if suppose I apply for them for a UK visa? Do you think if they find age discrepancy, could it be a reason for rejection?

Miansh1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Miansh1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:19 pm

UK245 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:51 am
The issue is NOT with your date of birth, unless your date of birth is wrong. The issue is that your parents have apparently been using documents with bad quality dates of birth on them for a long time. Why have they been doing that and why did they never get accurate documentation?
Thanks to all of you. I really appreciate your feedback and comments.

But now the question is what is the probability that it can be an issue if suppose I apply for them for a UK visa? Do you think if they find age discrepancy, could it be a reason for rejection?

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by UK245 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:14 am

Yes, of course it will. You will be in effect asking for a visa for your parents, when their own ID and yours states they can''t possibly be your parents. You can't possibly get them visas with that paperwork. Rejection is guaranteed.