ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appointment for biometrics, application date, continuous leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

burcu b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

appointment for biometrics, application date, continuous leave

Post by burcu b » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:28 pm

Hi everyone, it is my first time here :)

I will be eligible to apply for ILR set(O) in December.
1) I have filled in the online form, it looks like I will only be given an appointment at UKVCAS for biometrics. So when and how will I be uploading my documents? Is someone going to see my documents originals and scan them or will I be scanning and uploading them online only without ever needing to show the originals?

2) Which date is considered to be the date of application? it used to be the date of the in person appointment but I'm not sure anymore... I need to know which date is considered as the official date of application so that I can correctly calculate my 5 years minus 28 days. Is it the day money is paid when you submitted the online form, the day biometrics are taken, or the day all documents are uploaded to the system?

3) I will apply to ILR after 5 years working on Tier 2 visa.
in Personal information section in Set(O) there is a question about absences:
Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?
I have entered the UK with a student visa,- 1 year before I got my Tier 2 visa (which I had for about 5 years now).
Shall I ignore the year when I was a student when filling in absence history? Or do I need to add that years absences as well as the ones during my 5 years on tier 2 ?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: appointment for biometrics, application date, continuous leave

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:46 pm

1) Pay and submit online via UKVI, Scan and upload on UKVCAS. Only original passport is needed. However, originals only are advised to carry to appointment. They are not checked though. No need to carry soft copies.

2) Date of application is when you pay and submit online. Biometrics date is irrelevant. Pay and submit when you qualify. Calculate accordingly.

3) Date of entry based on Tier 2.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

burcu b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by burcu b » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:39 am

I see, thank you!

I could not managed to add premium service to my basket at the end, it only shows one price. Thought I would be able to book an appointment for December by getting premium, and my appointment day would be considered as my application date.

would I be able to upgrate after I pay the standard price or is there an other way to do it?
I am not willing to wait 26 weeks.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:47 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:46 pm
1) Pay and submit online via UKVI, Scan and upload on UKVCAS. Only original passport is needed. However, originals only are advised to carry to appointment. They are not checked though. No need to carry soft copies.

2) Date of application is when you pay and submit online. Biometrics date is irrelevant. Pay and submit when you qualify. Calculate accordingly.

3) Date of entry based on Tier 2.

wow!
does this mean you can only submit the online set(o) form after your 5 years minus 28 days ends?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:46 am

burcu b wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:39 am
I see, thank you!

I could not managed to add premium service to my basket at the end, it only shows one price. Thought I would be able to book an appointment for December by getting premium, and my appointment day would be considered as my application date.

would I be able to upgrate after I pay the standard price or is there an other way to do it?
No
Only standard service is available for now. However, if you check the timeline thread, many Tier 2 applicants are receiving decisions within 2-4weeks!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:46 am
burcu b wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:39 am
I see, thank you!

No
Only standard service is available for now. However, if you check the timeline thread, many Tier 2 applicants are receiving decisions within 2-4weeks!
this is quite depressing news. it used to be much easier.
it looks like now you have to actually wait until the end of your 5 years -28days on Tier2 to be able to even submit the online form. And then wait for many weeks to get a decision. And then a couple of weeks after that to get your new ILR BRP card... So you essentially can't leave the country for months..