ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother 57 aged UK CITIZEN, any options for 36 yr old son to support mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kessyg
Newly Registered
India

Mother 57 aged UK CITIZEN, any options for 36 yr old son to support mother

Post by Kessyg » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:26 am

Hi all,
Below is my case.
Mother : 57 aged, UK CITIZEN since 2016
Son: 36 yrs old from india, healthy individual,

What are my options to support my mother in england. She is getting aged with diabetes and eye problems, she doesnt want to come to india,

Any advice will really help me

Tia
Kessy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mother 57 aged UK CITIZEN, any options for 36 yr old son to support mother

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:43 am

Find a visa you qualify for in your own right such as tier 2 general.

57 is not considered old in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kessyg
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kessyg » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:04 am

It is very difficult to get Tyre 2 general visa ... having mother UK citizen , are there any alternatives for me ... she is not so badly positioned at the moment. my concern is, she is staying alone and little worried about her health and whereabouts.

you know any thing can happen over night .. just don't want to wake up hearing some thing bad. she is my mother and I dont want her to struggle .. She has been in England for almost 15 yrs, until today we never thought of migrating to UK,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:17 am

There is no visa route for you based on having a British mother as your sponsor in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kessyg
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kessyg » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:26 pm

So bad and i dont understand why UK doesn't allow family to reunite... isn't it separating families ...
i don't bother coming to UK, as it doesn't make a big change in my life professionally , but with My mom so reluctant to come back to India, I'm forced to come to UK ... but yeah there seems to be no way I can get a pr ...

she is getting aged, with eye problems, diabetes and arthritis. Some one throw some ideas if there are any

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:04 pm

Visit visa,
Tier 4/New Student visa,
Tier 2 ICT,
Tier 2,
Tier 1 visa.

Some of the visa names/categories have changed now but these are basically your options and probably in the order of difficulty.

Or you could convince your mom to visit you for an year or so if she has OCI.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Kessyg
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kessyg » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:13 pm

She has an OCI, She travels one time a year during christmas.. But we want her to be with us..

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by UK245 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:16 am

Kessyg wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:26 pm
So bad and i dont understand why UK doesn't allow family to reunite... isn't it separating families ...
i don't bother coming to UK, as it doesn't make a big change in my life professionally , but with My mom so reluctant to come back to India, I'm forced to come to UK ... but yeah there seems to be no way I can get a pr ...

she is getting aged, with eye problems, diabetes and arthritis. Some one throw some ideas if there are any
No, its not seperating families. Your mother chose to leave you and your country and move to UK and get UK citizenship. You didn't. It's not the UK's fault that your family is in different countries, its yours. If she wants to be with you, she can move back to you. She's not aged at all.