ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr fp 10 years partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Serg7
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Flr fp 10 years partner

Post by Serg7 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:34 pm

Hello members,
Please accept my apologies if this is the wrong place.
I am looking for your advice.
My friend on flr fp 10 years as a partner. He is on the second 2.5 years at the moment. Unfortunately, they marriage has been ended after 8 years in September 2020. His ex spouse is British citizen. He come to UK in 2004 as a student. His visa was expired. Married to British citizen in 2011 in the UK and after many applications, visa was granted in 2017. In 2022 when he needs to renew it he will have been lived in this country for 18 years. Now he is 36 and came when he was 20
I would like to know if HO will revoke his visa when he informs them as I believe he has to do it.
Will he be able to apply on his on in 2022 based on a private life?

Kind regards,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Flr fp 10 years partner

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:43 pm

Serg7 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:34 pm
Hello members,
Please accept my apologies if this is the wrong place.
I am looking for your advice.
My friend on flr fp 10 years as a partner. He is on the second 2.5 years at the moment. Unfortunately, they marriage has been ended after 8 years in September 2020. His ex spouse is British citizen. He come to UK in 2004 as a student. His visa was expired. Married to British citizen in 2011 in the UK and after many applications, visa was granted in 2017. In 2022 when he needs to renew it he will have been lived in this country for 18 years. Now he is 36 and came when he was 20
I would like to know if HO will revoke his visa when he informs them as I believe he has to do it.
Will he be able to apply on his on in 2022 based on a private life?

Kind regards,
Just by living merely for 10 years doesn't award you anything by default rather there are some inexcusable requirements such as the maintenance of legal residence. In your case he was granted the visa in 2017 after overstaying which means he even won't be qualified in 2022 if by miracle he won't receive any curtailment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Serg7
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Serg7 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.
So in this situation he won't be able to apply in 2022 as a long residence. Is there any other chances to continue his legal status?
What will happen to his current status after he inform HO?
Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:06 pm

FLR fp private life which will be a new 10 year route to ilr, can be applied for if someone has been in the UK for 20 years
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Serg7
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Serg7 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:35 pm

Thank you for your answer.
So as I can see, he will not be able to do anything else, unless he gets in relationship with someone.

So will he need to contact HO and tell them about his changes? Will he be able to stay legally in UK till he has to renew his visa?

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:16 pm

Does he have any children so that he can apply via Parent route?

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Serg7 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:35 pm

So will he need to contact HO and tell them about his changes? Will he be able to stay legally in UK till he has to renew his visa?
If the sponsor will report to UKVI about the breakdown of relationship then the existing visa will be curtailed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Serg7
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Serg7 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Thanks for your reply guys.
I am really appreciate it.
They don't have any children.
I wander if a private life can be reason for applying as 18 years I believe is a lot.
You have mentioned that visa is going to be curtailed if sponsor decides to inform HO. I was under impression that it does not apply for FLR Fp 10 year based on outside rules and sponsor visa is requires after 5 years.

Looking for your advice.
Kind regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Serg7 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 pm
Thanks for your reply guys.
I am really appreciate it.
They don't have any children.
I wander if a private life can be reason for applying as 18 years I believe is a lot.
You have mentioned that visa is going to be curtailed if sponsor decides to inform HO. I was under impression that it does not apply for FLR Fp 10 year based on outside rules and sponsor visa is requires after 5 years.

Looking for your advice.
Kind regards
Serg7 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:34 pm

My friend on flr fp 10 years as a partner.
If that is the case then curtailment can be triggered on reporting

Serg7
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Serg7 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:09 pm

May I ask what shall he do in this case regarding contacting HO? Will he need to get a legal advice, or it will not help?
Kind regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:33 am

Serg7 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:09 pm
May I ask what shall he do in this case regarding contacting HO? Will he need to get a legal advice, or it will not help?
Kind regards
Other than waiting n seeing as what further happens next, there is nothing much can be done as such for the time being.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:30 am

As someone who been through marriage breakdown myself, i understand how difficult it must have been for your friend.
As i can see from your post,
He isn't eligible for set lr until 2027 ( if he can continue his legal status).
He isn't eligible for flr fp under 20 years until 2024
Since there isn't any child involved, he can't switch to flr fp parent.
Even if his ex doesn't report it to ukvi about marriage breakdown, he may have to let them know when he applies for whatever category in 2022 anyway. And the date of relationship breakdown could put him on difficult spot.

Its applicant's duty to report the ukvi about relationship breakdown. My take would be to inform ukvi about relationship breakdown as soon as possible. And without waiting for curtailment letter, he should apply for flr fp private life (Application On The Basis Of Very Significant Obstacles To Integration In Country Of Origin.)
In the cover letter he can say he is separated from his British partner and he has informed the home office about it, and can include the copy and receipt of special delivery.
If he can demonstrate enough basis in which the application is based, he may get a grant.