ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Immigration Applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Parkash1234
India

Previous Immigration Applications

Post by Parkash1234 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Hi Experts,

Please I need your help with this question while filling AN Online form.

I have total 10 Previous Immigration applications since 2011 including ILR which is granted last year. Now I only have records for 4 applications with me now including latest ILR application made last year. If I request SAR It will take atleast 2 months to get reply and I can't wait for that. My question

How important is to fill exact information for this Question? They particularly ask

Application:
Date:
Reference Number:
Finger Print date:

and they say "If Known" which gives me a sign of relief. Please help me what Should I do.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Previous Immigration Applications

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:23 pm

Just input last 4. Its an “if known” question. Estimates will do also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Parkash1234
India

Post by Parkash1234 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:40 pm

CULLINAN Thanks

Would that be good if I write a comprehensive cover letter explaining my all previous Applications and adding that I don't know the exact dates?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:43 am

Parkash1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:40 pm
CULLINAN Thanks

Would that be good if I write a comprehensive cover letter explaining my all previous Applications and adding that I don't know the exact dates?
No need. But up to you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:15 am

Okay here is a correction:

The question:
“Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?”
is mandatory.

So you must declare all applications in the form. However, the further details i.e. date etc are “if known” questions. You may provide estimates or completely leave the dates empty if not known.

Parkash1234
India

Post by Parkash1234 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:41 am

CULLINAN - Much appreciated

So we select yes from "“Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?”" it gives us following options.

Name in which you made the application (I was reading other posts and you experts advise to put name of the applicant here, now my question is if I only put my name here rest of the dates I don't know then how would they differentiate my applications? Can I answer like my name ABC/Tier 2 G?)

Date of application, if known (This is completely if Known question so could be leave blank or even if know the month and year should work and leave the day empty?)

Enter your reference number if known (Again if Known so can be leave empty if does not remember)

Was this application made in the UK? (Select Yes or NO - This is mandatory question)

Were your fingerprints taken as part of this application? (Select Yes or NO - This is mandatory question but when you select yes it ask you to add date if Known)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:04 am

Input as: [Your Name][Category]

Parkash1234
India

Post by Parkash1234 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I may be overthinking, can you please clarify

Date of application, if known (This is Application date not BRP?)

Enter your reference number if known (It could be App Reference, BRP Card Number?)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:31 pm

Parkash1234 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:05 pm
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I may be overthinking, can you please clarify

Date of application, if known (This is Application date not BRP?)

Enter your reference number if known (It could be App Reference, BRP Card Number?)
Yes to both.

Parkash1234
India

Post by Parkash1234 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:54 pm

CULLINAN Thanks

One more question please, as I was student from 2011-2014 and was doing part time job. When I see my HMRC account online it says I have no NI contributions during 2011-2014, Would that be an issue? HMRC is stating around £400-600 for each year voluntary NI contribution. Please help do I own this as outstanding balance?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:19 pm

Parkash1234 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:54 pm
CULLINAN Thanks

One more question please, as I was student from 2011-2014 and was doing part time job. When I see my HMRC account online it says I have no NI contributions during 2011-2014, Would that be an issue? HMRC is stating around £400-600 for each year voluntary NI contribution. Please help do I own this as outstanding balance?
No. NI is only payable when you reach a required threshold.

Parkash1234
India

Post by Parkash1234 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:45 pm

Experts please need your help.

I have filled draft AN application and was waiting for HMRC for employment history for 10 years. Because I was not sure dates for one of the part time job I did back 2011-2014 (IN-OUT couple of times). I called employee and he said our accountant does not have record more than five years. then I had no option to go HMRC and I made request 27 Sep.

Now problem is HMRC is taking time to reply people, I called them and they said well request is under progress but they have no time frame. My question is

How important is to put that part time job dates on my APPLICATION? I can't add estimated years but not sure the exact dates. Should I wait for HMRC (I need to travel)... Any one recently had asked and what time frames do they normally reply back?

Thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:46 pm

Estimates are fine.

Parkash1234
India

Post by Parkash1234 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 pm

CULLINAN always appreciated your prompt response.

If I add just Starting year 2011 and ending year 2014 and then write a brief letter to explain that?

Secondly, Once I received HMRC reply and anything popped up which is not in my records, Would I able to edit application or inform UKVI or just to wait the outcome?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:01 pm

Parkash1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 pm
CULLINAN always appreciated your prompt response.

If I add just Starting year 2011 and ending year 2014 and then write a brief letter to explain that?
fine

Secondly, Once I received HMRC reply and anything popped up which is not in my records, Would I able to edit application or inform UKVI or just to wait the outcome?
not necessary. you are overthinking

Parkash1234
India

Post by Parkash1234 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:55 pm

CULLINAN Thank you.

What I was trying to say is I read couple of posts where people said that when they requested HMRC record for 10 Years some unknown roles came up on record which they never did. So I'm proceeding with the confidence that my record in-term of employment would be same as I have. If anything like this happened to my HMRC report after submission application then what would be my options?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:01 pm

Parkash1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:55 pm
CULLINAN Thank you.

What I was trying to say is I read couple of posts where people said that when they requested HMRC record for 10 Years some unknown roles came up on record which they never did. So I'm proceeding with the confidence that my record in-term of employment would be same as I have. If anything like this happened to my HMRC report after submission application then what would be my options?

Thanks
You can not change the online submitted form. You can not add any more documents or cover letter after biometrics submission either. In worst case scenario, if you wish and need be you can contact HO via post/email then.

myukqueries
United Kingdom

Post by myukqueries » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am

HI CULLINAN,

Is there a specific Home office email address to contact them and let them know if you have missed something in your application?

This is in regards to the naturalisation application.

On the question of previous applications, I have answered NO. Even though I have taken Tier 2 and got ILR through it.
I misinterpreted the question as "Active" UK immigration applications.

Can you advice who to email it to?
I have emailed to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and got an email to fill the form and send it to furthernationalityqueries mailbox.

Is there any other email address that i should send the information to?

I have provided all the details with evidence on the email.
AS you can imagine, it has made me a bit nervous...

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:53 am

myukqueries wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am
HI CULLINAN,

Is there a specific Home office email address to contact them and let them know if you have missed something in your application?

On the question of previous applications, I have answered NO. Even though I have taken Tier 2 and got ILR through it.

I have emailed to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and got an email to fill the form and send it to furthernationalityqueries mailbox.

Thanks
Please do not tag your questions onto someone else’s topic. You can use the email you mentioned or:

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

myukqueries
United Kingdom

Post by myukqueries » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:59 am

THANK YOU!!

Apologies - i thought because this topic was in relation previous immigration applications, i thought it would be a relevant question.

Thanks anyway.
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:53 am
myukqueries wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am
HI CULLINAN,

Thanks
Please do not tag your questions onto someone else’s topic. You can use the email you mentioned or:

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Parkash1234
India

Post by Parkash1234 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:05 pm

CULLINAN and other Guru's please advise.

So when we spoke last time I thought to wait for HMRC letter and then apply as I have to travel and I don't want any stress by thinking about HMRC letter and else.

Since we spoke last time, I'm keep chasing HMRC every second day and whenever I speak to someone on call they check notes and say "A technical person is handling your case and you should wait for 28 days this is our standard time frame. They received my application 1st of October and this is where their clock set to 28 days" Now when I see my online HMRC account it says "Completion date 22nd OCT"

I called them today again and she said someone will contact you tomorrow or Friday. She took my number. Is this normal? I don't know what is going on there.

The reason I'm too much stress is I tried to contact my employer who I worked with him occasionally (Sometimes he called me for 2-4 hours if his employee was off) ... He took my details the time he gave me that work back in 2013-2014. I asked him now did you had me on PAYE. He said no. Because sometime my work was for few hours and not every week occasionally and sometime after 2 months. So he thought it was not mandatory in this case. I should not but I added that employee name when contacted HMRC

Guys please help me I'm in too much stress. What should I do now? What HMRC is calling for? Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:11 pm

Why are you chasing HMRC? You are overthinking. As long you did not breach your visa conditions and worked legally, you have nothing to fear.

Parkash1234
India

Post by Parkash1234 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:47 pm

CULLINAN

I was chasing them just to push them to give me response so I could make application and then travel arrangements.

I'm worry about my part time occasional job which has no record with employer. I guess he did not add me into PAYE system due to few hours work. I was student and allowed to do 20hrs per week anyway. Can you give any idea why HMRC would call me rather then sending me letter it's 28 days already.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:16 pm

Parkash1234 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:47 pm
CULLINAN

I was chasing them just to push them to give me response so I could make application and then travel arrangements.

I'm worry about my part time occasional job which has no record with employer. I guess he did not add me into PAYE system due to few hours work. I was student and allowed to do 20hrs per week anyway. Can you give any idea why HMRC would call me rather then sending me letter it's 28 days already.
I think, its just a standard procedure to follow up and provide you with an update.

Parkash1234
India

Post by Parkash1234 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:22 pm

CULLINAN

I just received HMRC Employment history response. I'm happy it is aligned with my records. Only one issue which I found is.. Someone who worked on the letter did a small typo mistake. He/She duplicated my 2013/2014 Employer name on 2014/2015 year. Both employers looks same name so done typo I supposed. I called HMRC now and told them and she said you will get a response within a Week. She confirmed it was typo. Question is...

- Shell I proceed with application now?
- Do I write a note to HO for this a nothing required?

Many Thanks brother.