ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1 Professional referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arham208
United Kingdom

Form MN1 Professional referee

Post by Arham208 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:19 am

Hi, anyone please can help? For mn1 form, i can't get any professional referee like teacher, health visitor etc, my daughter is 6 years, school is not giving reference. What reference should i use as a professional refree?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Form MN1 Professional referee

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 am

For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mjais85
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mjais85 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:40 am

Hi @Arham208

I am in the same situation. We contacted our Child's Health Visitor but she is off sick and no date given of return to work.

Therefore, now I am using two of my friends (British) who know the child, One is a police officer and second is a Qualified Accountant.

Correct me if i am wrong @CULLINAN
If the caseworker is not satisfied with the reference you provide, they will contact you to provide another one.

Mjais85
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mjais85 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:47 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 am
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
Hi @CULLINAN

We Contacted the Health Visitor via text and she is off sick, can we include the screenshot of the convo as a document?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:55 am

Mjais85 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:47 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 am
Hi @CULLINAN

We Contacted the Health Visitor via text and she is off sick, can we include the screenshot of the convo as a document?
Please dont tag your questions onto someone else’s topic. You already have an existing topic. Keep your questions there.
british-citizenship/british-registratio ... 07358.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.