ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2genmisery

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by tier2genmisery » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi everyone

Quick question
Is it possible to get an in person premium 2 days service appointment for December if you fill in the SET(O) form now or have they completely stopped the premium service?

I was hoping to apply on 1st December, get my ILR card within 3 weeks and be able to leave the country for Christmas holiday... is there any possibility of this?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:47 pm

tier2genmisery wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:45 pm
Hi everyone

Quick question
Is it possible to get an in person premium 2 days service appointment for December if you fill in the SET(O) form now or have they completely stopped the premium service?

I was hoping to apply on 1st December, get my ILR card within 3 weeks and be able to leave the country for Christmas holiday... is there any possibility of this?
No. SP is provided by UKVI not UKVCAS which is suspended for now. No one knows when it will resume. You can not travel after you apply until a decision is made.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi,

So I applied for a tier 4 visa 1st week of September and got my IDV invite on about 17th Sept - but I am yet to hear back anything afterwards!!

does anyone know if this is normal? Or is anyone else in a similar position?

thanks!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:49 pm

RIYER wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 pm
Hi,

So I applied for a tier 4 visa 1st week of September and got my IDV invite on about 17th Sept - but I am yet to hear back anything afterwards!!

thanks!!
You were advised to attend an in person appointment. Did you do that??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:47 pm
tier2genmisery wrote:
Hi everyone

Quick question

No. SP is provided by UKVI not UKVCAS which is suspended for now. No one knows when it will resume. You can not travel after you apply until a decision is made.
What is a SP?
What is the fastest way of applying now to get a decision quickly? And how long does that usually take?

It sounds like i'm going to have to cancel my flight tickets !

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:49 pm
RIYER wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:48 pm
Hi,

thanks!!
You were advised to attend an in person appointment. Did you do that??
I was advised against this!

Someone in a similar position to me - if you can shed some light, that would be great!

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:37 am
RIYER wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 am
if I do the IDV app and not go to the bio metrics centre will it take long?

will it hinder my application?

Also the next available in person appt for me is like 10 days away!

Dont understand this!!! did anyone get an in person appt sooner?
Try different centres. You may get a quicker appointment if you go for a paid appointment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:02 pm

tier2genmisery wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:47 pm
tier2genmisery wrote:
Hi everyone

Quick question

What is a SP?
What is the fastest way of applying now to get a decision quickly? And how long does that usually take?

It sounds like i'm going to have to cancel my flight tickets !
SP = Super Priority. The service is currently suspended and not available. There is no "fast way" to apply at the moment.

Note the there is no such service as an in person premium appointment at a UKVI PSC center anymore, it stoped in 2018. UKCVAS is the biometric collection third party, not UKVi staff or caseworkers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ANS1
United Kingdom

Post by ANS1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:08 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:00 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:50 pm
fx125 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:02 pm
Can I please ask for anyone have got approvals - if there is a separate email from HO informing you tracking number for BRP delivery or it was just delivered by TNT without tracking? Or it depends on categories? Thanks
Tracking is sent by TNT (if I am correct). You can call TNT after approval (2/3 days after) and check with them about estimated delivery.
My tracking email came from UKVI days after my approval email ..I called TNT prior but no consignment was found on my postcode. After I got tracking email however, I tracked on courier website and saw exact date BRP would be delivered.
Maybe it's different for visa types? But in our case for FLR M, BRP was just dropped through the letterbox without any tracking or signature! And there was me getting all anxious with ID to hand making sure we didn't leave the front door unattended at any time! :roll:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:11 pm

Pre-covid, usually a signature was required and ID was checked. Post-corona, signed for are usually dropped in letter box and drivers sign on their own. TNT also does not seem to follow the same tracking procedure in all cases.

Mr laptop
United Kingdom

Post by Mr laptop » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:00 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:50 pm
fx125 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:02 pm
Can I please ask for anyone have got approvals - if there is a separate email from HO informing you tracking number for BRP delivery or it was just delivered by TNT without tracking? Or it depends on categories? Thanks
My tracking email came from UKVI days after my approval email ..I called TNT prior but no consignment was found on my postcode. After I got tracking email however, I tracked on courier website and saw exact date BRP would be delivered.
Yes you are right luluokis29. My tracking email is also from home office (GOV.UK). Email ends with gov.uk. Home Office gives you a consignment number in the email to track your parcel.
In the email HO also provides a link to track your parcel. So when you click on the link it takes you to the TNT website to track your parcel
I was able to track my parcel. I was also able to manage my delivery date.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:18 pm

The above explains. Tracking is sent by HO. So basically like all other emails, tracking emails are also not pushed to everyone promptly. HO at its best.

anahey
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by anahey » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi guys, I've just registered for UKVAS and trying to get an appointment in London. All the slots are taken at the moment until Mid-November. Will they be adding my slots by day, and does anyone know when they normally refresh slots? Thanks!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:51 pm

anahey wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:46 pm
Hi guys, I've just registered for UKVAS and trying to get an appointment in London. All the slots are taken at the moment until Mid-November. Will they be adding my slots by day, and does anyone know when they normally refresh slots? Thanks!!!
Try different postcodes.. given if you can legally travel between the different city corona Tier levels.. seems like availability has gone down.. u will have to keep checking randomly throughout the day.. especially after 12 midnight..

Can you see any paid availability? especially london premium lounge?

sakura1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sakura1988 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi,

I need to apply for Visa extension but before doing so I need to know the earliest appointment I can get in any location within Scotland as I am ready to travel if required.
Can anyone who has already access to appointment app , can help me figure out the available apointament dates?

It will be a great help.

anahey
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by anahey » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:41 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:51 pm
anahey wrote:
Try different postcodes.. given if you can legally travel between the different city corona Tier levels.. seems like availability has gone down.. u will have to keep checking randomly throughout the day.. especially after 12 midnight..

Thanks Cullinan, I cannot see any avaliablity, free or paid, in any of the London centres...I will try back in 20min

octave009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by octave009 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:06 am

Dodiddone wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:04 am
octave009 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:35 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:30 am
@octave009
Check different postcodes.
Tried everything , no luck today. Will see tomorrow - thanks a lot cullinan for the inputs
When i rebooked a week ago, it only refreshed after 1am. Hope UKVCAS hasn't changed this yet. However, I am not sure if their flash message about opening more slots is true or they are not opening slots for all centers at the same time even after refreshing. Southampton is my preferred center but I have never seen a slot available no matter when I logged in to check in a day, not even after rolling out a new day. As for the location, there were a lot more available slots in the North than in the South. In the South, I could only find in London and Reading. Good Luck!
Yes the new slots opened at 1am and i was able to book. May be it used to be 12 earlier as advised by cullinun

octave009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by octave009 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:07 am

anahey wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:41 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
anahey wrote:

Thanks Cullinan, I cannot see any avaliablity, free or paid, in any of the London centres...I will try back in 20min
Please try at 1am

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:29 am

Yes it used to be 12 midnight, but seems like its 1am now. Thanks for updating. Ah the system is following GMT not BST. Got it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:35 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:29 am
Yes it used to be 12 midnight, but seems like its 1am now. Thanks for updating. Ah the system is following GMT not BST. Got it.
12 midnight GMT it opens up.
Note: 25th Oct we are going back to GMT.

anahey
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by anahey » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:10 am

octave009 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:07 am
anahey wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:41 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
anahey wrote:

Please try at 1am
Thanks! I was able to finally make an appointment!

sankerkd
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sankerkd » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:46 am

Hi All.

I am also in the same situation like most others here. Submitted application for T2G on July 17th and IDV app on 8th September.
I always wanted to go for dual submission but my immigration agent advised against it. But I think it makes no sense , not to go with biometrics. So I have booked a free appointment for 10th Nov.

My question is: is there a chance that I can still get a outcome before my appointment next month. Does booking a biometric appointment puts my application on hold till i attend it it person. What happens if I cancel the appointment

Thanks

fx125

Post by fx125 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:10 am

sankerkd wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:46 am
Hi All.

I am also in the same situation like most others here. Submitted application for T2G on July 17th and IDV app on 8th September.
I always wanted to go for dual submission but my immigration agent advised against it. But I think it makes no sense , not to go with biometrics. So I have booked a free appointment for 10th Nov.

My question is: is there a chance that I can still get a outcome before my appointment next month. Does booking a biometric appointment puts my application on hold till i attend it it person. What happens if I cancel the appointment

Thanks
I had the same situation as yours although its a different category, where I panicked and booked for in-person appointment for £200. However, the outcome came before that appointment so I dont think they put your application on hold. Given ur appointment is free so better keep it.

sankerkd
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sankerkd » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:12 am

fx125 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:10 am
sankerkd wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:46 am
Hi All.

Thanks
I had the same situation as yours although its a different category, where I panicked and booked for in-person appointment for £200. However, the outcome came before that appointment so I dont think they put your application on hold. Given ur appointment is free so better keep it.
That helps a lot. Thanks

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:33 pm

All decisions have slowed down, I guess UKVI will milk the COVID-19 excuse further since lockdown might be evident again, not good, disappointing :?