ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP problem

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hayleyG
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP problem

Post by hayleyG » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Hi,

I applied for Set(LR) in July and have just received a 'successful' decision from Home Office. However, I realised today that I cannot find my old BRP, as it was requested to cut the old BRP card in halves and send them back to HO office... It was stated that if I fail to send the old BRP card back, then I may subject to up to £1000 fine.

I don't know if anyone had experienced this same awkward situation... I went through the gov website regarding 'BRP lost or stolen', there was no option that allow me to contact and ask what to do under this situation. I would really appreciate any advises.

Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: BRP problem

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:27 pm

hayleyG wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:11 pm
Hi,

I applied for Set(LR) in July and have just received a 'successful' decision from Home Office. However, I realised today that I cannot find my old BRP, as it was requested to cut the old BRP card in halves and send them back to HO office... It was stated that if I fail to send the old BRP card back, then I may subject to up to £1000 fine.

I don't know if anyone had experienced this same awkward situation... I went through the gov website regarding 'BRP lost or stolen', there was no option that allow me to contact and ask what to do under this situation. I would really appreciate any advises.

Thank you!
Simply report the old BRP as lost. Thats it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:32 pm

Could you also please update the timeline thread at the top of the forum with the details of your application timeline?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

hayleyG
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hayleyG » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:27 pm
hayleyG wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:11 pm
Hi,

Thank you!
Simply report the old BRP as lost. Thats it.

Thank you CULLINAN for your quick response! Will this affect my new ILR visa status? As long as I can specify the lost BRP card number when I reported it lost, I guess I am on a safer side?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:36 pm

No issue. Simply report old BRP number as lost.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.