ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:06 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:03 pm
Not sure whether it's related to my previous email to UKVI, but I received following email from UKVCAS:

Dear Lead Applicant,

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

We are writing to let you know that UKVI have asked us to cancel your UKVCAS appointment.

This is because UKVI's records show that you have successfully submitted your application through the IDV app and that your application is in progress. As a result, you do not need to attend a UKVCAS appointment.

If you selected a chargeable appointment, the price of the appointment will be refunded to you.

I was planning dual submission after sending selfie via IDV app, but my in person appointment is now cancelled.
Seems like UKVI/UKVCAS are cracking down on dual submissions now!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:06 pm
gabidzas wrote:
Not sure whether it's related to my previous email to UKVI, but I received following email from UKVCAS:

Dear Lead Applicant,

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

We are writing to let you know that UKVI have asked us to cancel your UKVCAS appointment.

This is because UKVI's records show that you have successfully submitted your application through the IDV app and that your application is in progress. As a result, you do not need to attend a UKVCAS appointment.

If you selected a chargeable appointment, the price of the appointment will be refunded to you.

I was planning dual submission after sending selfie via IDV app, but my in person appointment is now cancelled.
Seems like UKVI/UKVCAS are cracking down on dual submissions now!
Did you get the email before or after IDV result? I got the same email AFTER IDV result however when logging back to UKVCAS I'm still able to book new appointment.

anahey
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by anahey » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi guys,
I've uploaded and submitted all my documents today, but my Biometric appointment is with an Enhanced Service point (with document checking service) in Mid-November. Does that mean before my appointment, my documents submitted with UKVCAS won't be submitted to UKVI?
Thanks!

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:40 pm

gabidzas wrote:

Dear Lead Applicant,

Same situation! And I remember you mate, I have the same timeline as you. My appointment has been cancelled, too :( What is going on?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:42 pm

anahey wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:37 pm
Hi guys,
I've uploaded and submitted all my documents today, but my Biometric appointment is with an Enhanced Service point (with document checking service) in Mid-November. Does that mean before my appointment, my documents submitted with UKVCAS won't be submitted to UKVI?
Thanks!
If you have purchased documents checking service then yes.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:48 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:16 pm
One month passed since I applied and still no decision on my application; has anyone tried to reply back on UKVI Delay Notice email to check for application progress?
Yes got a reply from FLRMdocuments, delay notice email was from them for my FLR(M)

They said all docs and biometrics had been uploaded but they could not give a date for completion due to covid

ILRwaiting2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ILRwaiting2020 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:52 pm

I have been a silent reader of this forum.

Posting my experience regarding T2G -> ILR so others can benefit if any.

I applied on Aug 4. Used IDV on Sep 4. Went for dual submission on Oct 5th. Received the update that it has been successful today (Oct 14th).

I also sent an email to work sponsored inbox last week to query of they received my documents/biometrics and got the reply that everything has been received and a caseworker was already assigned to it.

Not sure if that triggered anything but the decision came today.

I wish all the very best to everyone who are waiting . Mat you hear from HO soon.

Thank you.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:04 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:40 pm

Same situation! And I remember you mate, I have the same timeline as you. My appointment has been cancelled, too :( What is going on?
no idea mate, two possibilities here I guess:

1. all the dual submission bookings are now cancelled;
2. someone is reviewing our applications and we will receive decisions soon.

lets hope for the best!
Last edited by gabidzas on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 pm

fx125 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:20 pm

Did you get the email before or after IDV result? I got the same email AFTER IDV result however when logging back to UKVCAS I'm still able to book new appointment.
I got delay email before submitting selfie via IDV App, I booked in-person appointment after submitting IDV - booked for 29th of October, but today I received email informing that my in person appointment was cancelled.

TuM1010
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by TuM1010 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:23 pm

ILRwaiting2020 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:52 pm

I applied on Aug 4. Used IDV on Sep 4. Went for dual submission on Oct 5th. Received the update that it has been successful today (Oct 14th).

I also sent an email to work sponsored inbox last week to query of they received my documents/biometrics and got the reply that everything has been received and a caseworker was already assigned to it.

I wish all the very best to everyone who are waiting . Mat you hear from HO soon.

Thank you.
Thank you for sharing, did you just emailed to the worksponsored@homeoffice without receiving email from them first?

JeffWebb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JeffWebb » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:30 pm

gabidzas wrote:

Dear Lead Applicant,

I received the same appointment cancellation email today for my wife's SET(M) application. The initial application was submitted on 5 September and IDV verification was sent on 11 September. I was planning to wait patiently after that, and was reluctant to book an appointment at a UKVCAS centre; doing so seemed to me to be little more than creating unnecessary work for UKVCAS and UKVI too, possibly. However, eventually I decided to book an appointment (a no-cost one at a centre in Cardiff for 2 November; appointment booked on 6 October) due to the lack of any confirmation from either UKVCAS or UKVI that the identity verification from the IDV app had been received, leaving unresolved, the fear that the IDV app had failed to deliver the information.

In my view, receiving the email today is a good thing as it serves as verification that the IDV data has been received by UKVI. In that sense, booking the appointment has served a purpose. As we nervously await a decision, it would be much better, though, if UKVI - or UKVCAS, at least - could provide confirmation of receipt of the information to avoid our worrying about whether or not it actually has been received.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:35 pm

Many including myself got away with dual submissions earlier on, but seems dual submission is not an option anymore (for applicants before 21st Sep).. after that IDV was no more anyways...UKVI/UKVCAS took some time to crack it..

ILRwaiting2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ILRwaiting2020 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:53 pm

TuM1010 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:23 pm
ILRwaiting2020 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:52 pm

Thank you.
Thank you for sharing, did you just emailed to the worksponsored@homeoffice without receiving email from them first?
Yes, I emailed the mentioned email last week.

mitra_krishna
India

Post by mitra_krishna » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 pm

"You went for an appointment, its normal what you saw on the IDV app. Not sure how you submitted via IDV app AGAIN!"

I got IDV app invitation on 23 Sep, but booked an appointment on 23 Sep (for 1 October) and I could not do anything more with the link they had sent (I was trying to play it safe and wanted to upload everything via IDV the same day after I booked the appointment) so I am indeed surprised that accessing the IDV app was possible ; maybe different versions of phones.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:37 pm

mitra_krishna wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 pm
"You went for an appointment, its normal what you saw on the IDV app. Not sure how you submitted via IDV app AGAIN!"

I got IDV app invitation on 23 Sep, but booked an appointment on 23 Sep (for 1 October) and I could not do anything more with the link they had sent (I was trying to play it safe and wanted to upload everything via IDV the same day after I booked the appointment) so I am indeed surprised that accessing the IDV app was possible ; maybe different versions of phones.
Yes this was the first report of this kind. Many previously reported not being able to access IDV app after attending the appointment. So not sure.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:01 pm

TuM1010 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:23 pm

I received delay email from worksponsored@homeoffice first, waited almost a month and chased them back today

mitra_krishna
India

Post by mitra_krishna » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:37 pm
mitra_krishna wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 pm

Yes this was the first report of this kind. Many previously reported not being able to access IDV app after attending the appointment. So not sure.
Yes@Cullinan, I am very surprised. For me it was immediately after booking the appointment that I could not access the IDV app. Regards.

mana2118
Newly Registered
India

Post by mana2118 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:35 pm
Many including myself got away with dual submissions earlier on, but seems dual submission is not an option anymore (for applicants before 21st Sep).. after that IDV was no more anyways...UKVI/UKVCAS took some time to crack it..
you are correct,please see below information

Applied for ILR Route: Set (O) - Tier 2 Dependent
Type of application: Standard
Date application sent: 17/07/2020
Email requesting document to avoid delay in application processing: 24/07/2020
UKVI DELAY NOTICE work sponsored : 28/07/2020
Date Biometrics Enrolled via IDV app: 03/09/2020
Face to Face Biometric Booked for 28/10/2020 on 05/10/2020(Free appointment)
Email requesting life in UK and travel history:13/10/2020 3:05 PM (reply with details 4:00 PM)
Decision email/letter received: 13/10/2020 4:45 PM (Approved)
Email received UKVI Biometric appointment automatically cancelled due to my application is already in processing (I think no more duel submission it seems )
BRP Card Received: Waiting

TuM1010
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by TuM1010 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:54 am

mana2118 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 am
CULLINAN wrote:

Email requesting life in UK and travel history:13/10/2020 3:05 PM (reply with details 4:00 PM)
Email received UKVI Biometric appointment automatically cancelled due to my application is already in processing (I think no more duel submission it seems )
Cingrats and thanks for sharing, would you mind sharing which email address did you get the request for further docs? was it the worksponsored or something else given you are dependent? Thank you

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:55 am

mana2118 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Did the appointment cancellation come before or after your decision?

I have a feeling they have just made a script to cancel all double submission appointments and executed it yesterday at the same time. It does not mean our applications are being processed :-/ It seems that many people received the notification at the same time yesterday.

mana2118
Newly Registered
India

Post by mana2118 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:08 am

it is After Decision

mana2118
Newly Registered
India

Post by mana2118 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:17 am

dannyjjj wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:55 am
mana2118 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

I have a feeling they have just made a script to cancel all double submission appointments and executed it yesterday at the same time. It does not mean our applications are being processed :-/ It seems that many people received the notification at the same time yesterday.
it is After Decision

mana2118
Newly Registered
India

Post by mana2118 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:19 am

TuM1010 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:54 am
mana2118 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Cingrats and thanks for sharing, would you mind sharing which email address did you get the request for further docs? was it the worksponsored or something else given you are dependent? Thank you
email from case officer

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:21 am

mana2118 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:17 am
dannyjjj wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:55 am
mana2118 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

it is After Decision
Thank you!

toivy
Newly Registered
China

Post by toivy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am

I sent my new job contract to HO a few weeks ago to see if by any chance they could speed up my case. They came back to me this week, just said the documents that I sent were scanned into the system. The title under the name of the person who sent the letter was 'Post-decision casework 1'. I haven't received anything from HO since I submitted my application. So I confuse why it came from 'Post-decision casework'. My application is under SET(LR). Any suggestion for that? Many thanks!