ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character Questionnaire after applying for citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pimsalma
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: Good character Questionnaire after applying for citizenship?

Post by Pimsalma » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:05 pm

Sonu345 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:22 pm
Pimsalma wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:16 pm
What a day, after several months worth of stress today got my approval letter (assuming that they accepted that I was illigal between 2010-2015, but they were satisfied with my responses to their questionnaires)

Many thank for the immigrationboard, without you I would probably not achieved all that
May i ask, i was failed asylum in 2001, 2008 response to home office for grant out of immigration rules, they granted 3 years discretionary leave December 2011, now i have indefinite leave, how i prove remaining years without valid leave for naturalization.
Hello,

Based on my experience, home Office will separate simpler cases to the complexes ones ( i.e someone with a criminal convection, failed asylum seekers, and many more known as a complex cases) here they will consider past 10 years prior to the caseworkers consideration.

Which mean if you apply in November this years, by the time the case enquires done and ready for the caseworkers consideration it will be Feb 2021, So he/she will take into account from Feb 2011-Feb 2021 (10 years exactly), next they will see that you were living here illegally, then they want to know how your survived all that time without working. If you can prove :-

1) you weren’t working during that period
2) family or friends supported you (a bank statement and or payslips must be provided so they are satisfied with what you are saying.
3) any corespondent letter (s) GP, Solictor or any over proves that you can show you weren’t absconded from the country during the period in the question.

Having done all that you should be fine as time in question possibly would be 10-12 months to cover which is almost nothing compare to mine (4-5 years literally I sent them a kg and half worth of proves just to satisfy the criteria)

Pimsalma
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Pimsalma » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Pimsalma wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:05 pm
Sonu345 wrote:
Pimsalma wrote:
What a day, after several months worth of stress today got my approval letter (assuming that they accepted that I was illigal between 2010-2015, but they were satisfied with my responses to their questionnaires)

Many thank for the immigrationboard, without you I would probably not achieved all that
May i ask, i was failed asylum in 2001, 2008 response to home office for grant out of immigration rules, they granted 3 years discretionary leave December 2011, now i have indefinite leave, how i prove remaining years without valid leave for naturalization.
Hello,

Based on my experience, home Office will separate simpler cases to the complexes ones ( i.e someone with a criminal convection, failed asylum seekers, and many more known as a complex cases) here they will consider past 10 years prior to the caseworkers consideration.

Which mean if you apply in November this years, by the time the case enquires done and ready for the caseworkers consideration it will be Feb 2021, So he/she will take into account from Feb 2011-Feb 2021 (10 years exactly), next they will see that you were living here illegally, then they want to know how your survived all that time without working. If you can prove :-

2) family or friends supported you (a bank statement and or payslips must be provided so they are satisfied with what you are saying.
3) any corespondent letter (s) GP, Solictor or any over proves that you can show you weren’t absconded from the country during the period in the question.

Having done all that you should be fine as time in question possibly would be 10-12 months to cover which is almost nothing compare to mine (4-5 years literally I sent them a kg and half worth of proves just to satisfy the criteria)
Good Luck

rumanahaseeb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rumanahaseeb » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:02 am

Very interesting!
Jumping into this post as my husband in same boat.He was illegal in the UK between 09/2010-03/2013 and left UK on its own in March 2013.
Re-enter UK in 2015 on EEA FP (SSROUTE) from Ireland, Got UKRC and on Settle Status now.
Now we thinking to apply or wait?
another problem is he was living in his cousin house and the time he left UK, Hubby left all his documents in cousins house and after a year they refurbished the house and throw all his documents in TIP by mistake.
My cousin got all receipts from builders and TIP company.
What’s the chances in our case?
If incase hubby receive this questionare, He got no documents to proof address or anything apart could request a letter from Dr or Request bank statement if they issued 7 years old statement
Its simple (ex student) overstayer no criminal record/Failed application/No CCJ etc

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:48 am

Pimsalma wrote:
Sonu345 wrote:
Pimsalma wrote:

Hello,

Hi Pimsalam
If your application has been approved after being an overstayer for some years then this can lead many others on the same boat to apply and see if they can make it.It will be really helpful if you can share your immigration history .
Home office doesn't follow its own guidance .They make decisions they way they like.

Pimsalma
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Pimsalma » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:29 am

London22 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:48 am
Pimsalma wrote:
Sonu345 wrote:
Pimsalma wrote:

Hello,

Hi Pimsalam
If your application has been approved after being an overstayer for some years then this can lead many others on the same boat to apply and see if they can make it.It will be really helpful if you can share your immigration history .
Home office doesn't follow its own guidance .They make decisions they way they like.
100% disagreed with you just said, they do follow their own guidance, I had to satisfy their criteria then they approved my application, but remember every cases aren’t same, they had to weight so many things before the decision. I have mentioned in previous post that I was Illegal immigrant between the period in question however I didn’t breach any Immigration rule i.e presented myself to them on monthly basis, didn’t work or done any criminal, to summarise this we are all in the same boat yes (wants to get the citizenship) but cases AREN'T same remember that. I posted this because someone might have been through the same situation as me, and they should not lose hope

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:44 pm

Not aimed at anyone specifically, just my opinion... Funny enough, most of us manage to abide by the law of this land and don't overstay our visa so we haven't got so much drama around our application. I believe HO are fair and transparent in their decision making.

If I get banned for this comment, first I don't care, second it will show that the admin doesn't agree with my statement about the fairness of HO either. As I said, this is my subjective opinion.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:34 pm

jgreen6123 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:44 pm
Not aimed at anyone specifically, just my opinion... Funny enough, most of us manage to abide by the law of this land and don't overstay our visa so we haven't got so much drama around our application. I believe HO are fair and transparent in their decision making.

If I get banned for this comment, first I don't care, second it will show that the admin doesn't agree with my statement about the fairness of HO either. As I said, this is my subjective opinion.
No Admin will ban you.
Good for you to abide the law but please mind your own business and keep your opinion to yourself.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:36 pm

Pimsalma wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:29 am
London22 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:48 am
Pimsalma wrote:
Sonu345 wrote:

Hello,

Hi Pimsalam
100% disagreed with you just said, they do follow their own guidance, I had to satisfy their criteria then they approved my application, but remember every cases aren’t same, they had to weight so many things before the decision. I have mentioned in previous post that I was Illegal immigrant between the period in question however I didn’t breach any Immigration rule i.e presented myself to them on monthly basis, didn’t work or done any criminal, to summarise this we are all in the same boat yes (wants to get the citizenship) but cases AREN'T same remember that. I posted this because someone might have been through the same situation as me, and they should not lose hope
Pimsalma congrats iam sorry i didn't see your previous post in regards to Questionnaire but iam happy things work out for you.

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:04 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:34 pm
No Admin will ban you.
Good for you to abide the law but please mind your own business and keep your opinion to yourself.
Let me guess. You are one of the illegals. This world is crazy. People breaking the law have almost more rights than those who abide by it.