ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early FLR(M) and ILR application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rkikraari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Dependents query

Post by rkikraari » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:46 pm

Hi,
Please can you help me with the below queries.

I will be applying for my ILR in the first week of November 2020. My son who was born in the UK in August 2015 has lived with me in the UK through out this time. His Indian passport has expired and his visa will expire on 22 December 2020. My queries are below

1. After I receive my ILR, should I renew his expired Indian passport before I apply for his British Citizenship?
2. Is there a need to renew his visa as my dependent

Query for my Wife's visa

1. My wife's visa will also expire on 22nd December. She is also my dependent and is employed in the UK.
a. What options does she have apart from FLR-M as she will be eligible for her ILR in June 2021.
b. If FLR-M is the only option what is the minimum duration that can be applied for in her case as its only needed for 6 months before her ILR application?

Many Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Dependents query

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:09 pm

rkikraari wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:46 pm

1. After I receive my ILR, should I renew his expired Indian passport before I apply for his British Citizenship?
1. His expired passport maybe fine
2. I think a UK born child doesnt counted as overstayer even without visa.
rkikraari wrote:
Query for my Wife's visa
1. My wife's visa will also expire on 22nd December. She is also my dependent and is employed in the UK.
a. What options does she have apart from FLR-M as she will be eligible for her ILR in June 2021.
b. If FLR-M is the only option what is the minimum duration that can be applied for in her case as its only needed for 6 months before her ILR application?

Many Thanks.
There is no other option than extending the FLRM visa, and also regrettably the standard length of visa which is 30 months cannot be tailored & trimmed as per your desire.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:20 am

rkikraari wrote:
Hi,

I will be applying for my ILR in the first week of November 2020.
On what basis will you be applying for ILR?

What visa do you currently hold?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

rkikraari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rkikraari » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:09 pm
rkikraari wrote:

1. His expired passport maybe fine
2. I think a UK born child doesnt counted as overstayer even without visa.
rkikraari wrote:
Query for my Wife's visa

Many Thanks.
There is no other option than extending the FLRM visa, and also regrettably the standard length of visa which is 30 months cannot be tailored & trimmed as per your desire.
Hey Thanks for your responses.

rkikraari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rkikraari » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Korekt wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:20 am
rkikraari wrote:
Hi,

I will be applying for my ILR in the first week of November 2020.
On what basis will you be applying for ILR?

What visa do you currently hold?
I will be applying under 10 years stay in the UK. I am on a Tier 2 ICT long term to remain visa.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:45 pm

rkikraari wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:29 pm

I will be applying under 10 years stay in the UK. I am on a Tier 2 ICT long term to remain visa.
Simply follow what you have planned and is the only option.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rkikraari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Early FLR(M) and ILR application

Post by rkikraari » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Please could you advise or give suggestions for the following query:

The date of my first entry in UK is 28th Nov 2010. I am on a Tier 2 ICT Long term to remain visa. I have legally lived in the UK till now and I am going to apply for my ILR(LR) on 1st Nov 2020 (Considering that applications can be made 28 days in advance before completing 10 years)

I have got to know that NHS surcharge is going to increase from £400 to £624 per year from 27th Oct 2020.

In order to take advantage of the lower NHS surcharge for my wife’s FLR-M application, is it OK for me to submit my ILR application on 26th Oct 2020 instead of 1st Nov 2020 ? I am assuming that my application would not begin processing until my biometrics are submitted which would be at a later date after 1st Nov 2020.

Many Thanks.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Early FLR(M) and ILR application

Post by Korekt » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:34 pm

When is your wife's FLR(M) application going in?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

rkikraari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rkikraari » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:32 pm

My wife's current Tier2-Dependent visa expires on 27th Dec 2020, so her FLR(M) application can be made anytime before this date. She will be eligible to file her own ILR-LR applicable in June 2021.

In order to take advantage of the lower NHS surcharge, we were thinking to submit her FLR-M application on 26th Oct 2020. Since my ILR-LR application reference would be required to apply for my wife's FLR-M, I will also have to submit my application before her application, possibly on the same day (26th Oct 2020)

My 10 years in UK will complete on 27th Nov 2020, but since applications can be made 28 days in advance, I will become eligible on 1st Nov 2020.

My query is, is it OK if I submit my ILR-LR application 5 days before I become eligible i.e on 26th Oct 2020 instead of 1st Nov 2020. I will ensure that I will submit my bio-metrics only after 1st Nov. 2020. Would this cause any issues with my ILR-LR application ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:37 pm

rkikraari wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:32 pm

My query is, is it OK if I submit my ILR-LR application 5 days before I become eligible i.e on 26th Oct 2020 instead of 1st Nov 2020. I will ensure that I will submit my bio-metrics only after 1st Nov. 2020. Would this cause any issues with my ILR-LR application ?
No because you should be eligible for ILR on the date of decision.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:38 pm

rkikraari wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:32 pm

In order to take advantage of the lower NHS surcharge, we were thinking to submit her FLR-M application on 26th Oct 2020. Since my ILR-LR application reference would be required to apply for my wife's FLR-M, I will also have to submit my application before her application, possibly on the same day (26th Oct 2020)
Yes you can apply both applications on 26th October