ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peter-london
Newly Registered
Egypt

MN1 Application for child

Post by peter-london » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:25 am

I will be applying for MN1 for my daughter (born 2019) after I get a decision on my ILR application. Since my daughter's current BRP is expiring soon, can she travel to our home country and apply for her British passport from there when we get the registration approval? or do we need to do that from inside the UK only? Is there any other way she can travel back to the UK without a BRP or British Passport if her MN1 application was approved?

Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Application for child

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:36 am

can she travel to our home country and
apply for her British passport from there when we get the registration approval?
Yes, although it takes between 16 weeks and 12 months sometimes.
or do we need to do that from inside the UK only?

No. Buy applying within the UK, you can use the the one week fast track service, which is not available for passport applications outside the uk
Is there any other way she can travel back to the UK without a BRP or British Passport if her MN1 application was approved?
The only other way is to apply for a certificate of entitlement to right of abode, which costs a few hundred ££ and takes a few weeks. Assuming she doesn't lose her foreign citizenship and passport once she is a British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

peter-london
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: MN1 Application for child

Post by peter-london » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:51 am

Thanks CR001 for the quick reply! this is really helpful
or do we need to do that from inside the UK only?
No. Buy applying within the UK, you can use the the one week fast track service, which is not available for passport applications outside the uk

Can I apply for the passport from within the UK while she is abroad? I can manage to deliver it to her in order to travel back.
Is there any other way she can travel back to the UK without a BRP or British Passport if her MN1 application was approved?
The only other way is to apply for a certificate of entitlement to right of abode, which costs a few hundred ££ and takes a few weeks. Assuming she doesn't lose her foreign citizenship and passport once she is a British.
She doesn't lose her other citizenship once she becomes British.