ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR How Long Do I Have To Upload Documents?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Biz911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVCAS Can I just show up and upload my documents?

Post by Biz911 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:29 am

Hi, and thanks ahead of time for your help. FLR-FP.....my application has been paid for and submitted online.......it now directs me to the UKVCAS site to book an appointment. I do not need to have my doumunets scanned as I am ready to upload them, but their website doesn't allow me to do so.

My question(s) are, Can I just show up and upload at the self-upload facility during their opening hours? ? or do I have to book an appontment? it's 70 pounds!

This is stated on their website:
To make your visit to our Service Point as smooth as possible, it is recommended you upload your documents via the self-upload facility. You can upload documents in stages right up until you attend your appointment, making it easy and convenient.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UKVCAS Can I just show up and upload my documents?

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:42 am

You can upload the documents on UKVCAS via the document upload page. Why are you not able to upload?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Biz911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Biz911 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:50 am

It says on one page:

Upload your documents

To upload your supporting documents click on the upload documents link for each member of your group to access their document upload page.
Visa applicants
Name
XXXXXXX
Upload documents <---highlighted in blue and clickable

After I click it it takes me to a page that says this, with no clickable option to upload online:

To make your visit to our Service Point as smooth as possible, it is recommended you upload your documents via the self-upload facility. You can upload documents in stages right up until you attend your appointment, making it easy and convenient. When uploading your documents, there are some easy to follow guidelines set out below to ensure you are successful:

Document type: On completing your online application with UKVI you will have received an Access UK checklist specifying the documents required for your application. The documents are marked as either mandatory or other documents. A description of the mandatory documents required for each category is provided in the tabs below.

Category: Your supporting documents need to be submitted under the recommended categories. Our upload facility allows for this and having the right documents in the right category will make your documents easier to find and review, so we suggest that you organise and upload your supporting documents in the correct categories.

File Format: Please upload documents in PDF (preferred), JPEG and PNG format.

File Name: needs to be as simple as possible e.g. bank-statement-Apr-2018.pdf Do not upload files with file names having special characters, #,ë, or bank.statement.apr.2018.pdf

File Size: each uploaded document has a file size limit of 6MB. Uploading larger files will result in your documents being rejected, so please ensure the file is as small as possible and not more than 6 MB. If your document is over 6 MB please separate it into parts and create separate files to upload. There is no limit on the number of documents/files you can upload.

Scan in Greyscale or Black and white: To help contain the files size to 6MB please scan in ‘Greyscale’ or ‘Black and white’ and not in ‘Colour’. It is also helpful to keep the resolution between 150 dpi (dots per inch) to 300 dpi. This can be achieved by configuring your device by the available ‘Settings’ option, that allows you to choose the file format, colour and the dpi resolution. With this approach, you will be able to scan up to 50 pages per document within the allowed 6 MB limit.

Password: Please do not upload password protected files as the caseworker will not be able to open them for assessment and therefore your application may be delayed

This has messed me up a little as I expected to be able to do it online. any ideas?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:54 am

I am not sure what you are looking at. There should be a UKVCAS document upload tab at the top. Once you click that, you will see names of different applicants in the group. You have to press that and will see different categories to upload documents.

Try uploading a screenshot here with all personal details blurred. Maybe able to help then.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Biz911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Biz911 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:23 pm

I clicked the tab at the top "Document Upload". Then It takes me to a page where I see the name of visa applicant, myself. next to the name, mine, there is a blue clickable link "Upload documents"
But it takes me to another page after I click it., there is no option to upload documents. The other page says: Documents for XXXXX

To make your visit to our Service Point as smooth as possible, it is recommended you upload your documents via the self-upload facility. You can upload documents in stages right up until you attend your appointment, making it easy and convenient. When uploading your documents, there are some easy to follow guidelines set out below to ensure you are successful:

I have searched the whole webiste , there is no option to upload for me. It's quite concerning really

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:36 pm

Try logging out and logging in again. If the problem persists, DM UKVCAS on twitter during working hours.

Biz911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Biz911 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:57 pm

OK thanks, will have to wait until Monday. And thanks for letting me know about the twitter option. signed out and back in, same thing appears. You guys have helped me out twice in less than 24 hours, i really appreicate that. Jumping through hoops is now my new hobby apparently 8)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Try another thing: Press “forget password” link on UKVCAS. It should send you a new access code in your registered email to change the password. Log back in with new password and check if it works?

Biz911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Biz911 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Just tried it, it did not work, same page appears.......upload docs tab at top, list of visa applicants(just me) with clickable link "upload documents", then that page comes up again. It was worth a try, thanks for the idea.

Biz911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Biz911 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:02 pm

The UKVCAS also has a mobile app, I downloaded and logged in, but it says " This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access. this is bizarre. I can clearly see a woman using the app and signing in easily to upload her documents in a youtube video. but it doesnt work for me. FYI

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:49 pm

Biz911 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:02 pm
The UKVCAS also has a mobile app, I downloaded and logged in, but it says " This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access. this is bizarre. I can clearly see a woman using the app and signing in easily to upload her documents in a youtube video. but it doesnt work for me. FYI
Not everyone is eligible for IDV app. Plus anyone who applied on/after 24/9 will have to book an appointment anyways. IDV app is the past.

Biz911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child Documents unobtainable for LTR, what to do?

Post by Biz911 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:26 pm

good day,
I have been asked if I had a child under 18 on my application. I did not lie and said yes. However the child lives in the USA with her mother, I have never met the child, nor do I have any idea where her and her mother live. After clicking yes I was barraged with tons of questions about her, I ticked some boxes, put in a few faux dates just to continue my application as it would not let me without entering info.
Now I have submitted the application FLR FP as it was due and my biometrics was expiring. Now I am in the document upload section (UKVCAS) and it's asking me for the documents. document requested: Evidence that Mr XXXXX has contact with Miss XXXXXXX, such as a signed and dated letter from the other parent alongside a copy of an identity document showing their signature detailing when they have contact, if it is through court, a most up to date court order detailing contact, letter from
contact centre, etc.
Do you think it is ok to submit a document explaining I have never had contact etc? I wrote this but havent included it with the documents yet. Just need some opinions please and thank you. I wrote:

Re: Documents required for my child
I have no contact, nor have I ever had contact with my child XXXXXXX. I have no any idea where the mother, XXXXXXX, and child, XXXXXXX, live in the United States of America. I have never met the child. Therefore it is impossible to gain any evidence requested by the application. I am worried as these documents say mandatory. I had to tick boxes and enter mock dates to be able to continue my application. This is the truth, as told by myself, XXXXXX.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Child Documents unobtainable for LTR, what to do?

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Note these forms are generic and not all questions apply to you. But once you answer, it generates evidence for that in the checklist. Just explain in the cover letter. You will be okay.

Biz911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Child Documents unobtainable for LTR, what to do?

Post by Biz911 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Thanks CULLINAN

Biz911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

LTR How Long Do I Have To Upload Documents?

Post by Biz911 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:07 pm

LTR How Long Do I Have To Upload Documents with UKVCAS AFTER I submitted my online flr fp online successfully?
I am in a document gathering stage and awaiting some to be posted to me. Is there a deadline to submit all the documents I have uploaded?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: LTR How Long Do I Have To Upload Documents?

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Biz911 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:07 pm
LTR How Long Do I Have To Upload Documents with UKVCAS AFTER I submitted my online flr fp online successfully?
I am in a document gathering stage and awaiting some to be posted to me. Is there a deadline to submit all the documents I have uploaded?
Document upload can be done right up till the biometrics appointment day. It is in your interest to gather and have required documentations at hand lest some of them that are time based gets invalidated.

Adnan20161993
United Kingdom

Re: LTR How Long Do I Have To Upload Documents?

Post by Adnan20161993 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:53 pm

Hi there. I’ve seen this similar chat and wondering if someone can help me. So I have applied for my first visa extension online and I was directed to the ukvcas website. I have booked an appointment with them which cost me £69.99. I thought this is where They would upload the documents for me. However when I log into the Ukvcas we’d sure I can see this message
“ You must upload your supporting documents online before your appointment, and you must bring your original supporting documents with you to your appointment.
We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. This option will be available on the Document upload page until 48 hours before your appointment.”

Does this mean I definitely have to upload the documents myself 48 hours before?I thought they would upload it at the appointment centre for me which is what I booked the appointment for?

mojojojokingkong
Newly Registered
India

Post by mojojojokingkong » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Biz911 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:39 pm
Just tried it, it did not work, same page appears.......upload docs tab at top, list of visa applicants(just me) with clickable link "upload documents", then that page comes up again. It was worth a try, thanks for the idea.
I am facing the same issue. Mandatory documents list is empty and there is no option to upload them, only optional list appears. Did it get resolved for you? How long did it take?