ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

impact on the news I saw on an Indian news channel

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sri_sunny

impact on the news I saw on an Indian news channel

Post by sri_sunny » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:52 am

I saw in NDTV news that 300000 jobs have been cut for non-EU immigrants. The news was'nt very explanatory. Someone who had seen this, can u pl share ur opinion and the impact of this fact on Tier 1 General visa?

cheers

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Post by nishantchawla » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:51 am

UK Tier 1 General Visa is a Point Based System and not Lottery Based System like US H1 Visa. Job cut in the UK should not have any impact on the Tier 1 Visa applications as the number of Tier 1 Visas to be issued per year is not restricted.

It might however have impact on the jobs within the UK for non-EU immigrants.

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:57 am

Certainly it will affect the points based visa system. They might restrict the number of applicants depending on the requirement.

Check this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7605455.stm

But shadow home secretary Dominic Grieve, for the Conservatives, said: "A points-based system without an annual limit is pointless.

"The government need to understand that sound immigration policy is not just about admitting the right type of people to Britain but the right amount."

darksun

Post by darksun » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:02 am

Yeah but the news are a bit unclear. To be honest, it doesn't tell Tier 1 nor highly skilled migrants. I believe and humbly assumpt this is more toward to WP issues. Because it mentions specificly before hiring someone, employers have to do a job sarch in national market and give reasons why they can't hire someone local.

This means it's more toward to people whose their employers trying to get work permits... When you have tier 1, you don't have to have job offer... So I observed this more towards to WP issues...

darksun

Post by darksun » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:05 am

I think I was right about my assumption;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rtagelists

It says Tier 2....which is replacing WP...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:59 am

Exactly! Let's not confuse Tier 1 and Tier 2!
John

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:40 pm

Call me eternal optimist, doesn't this mean more opportunities for Tier 1 visa holders with special skills ? Just a thought....

John wrote:
Exactly! Let's not confuse Tier 1 and Tier 2!
Thanks & Best Regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:34 pm

I think you are right. Employers will need to fill their vacancies from the EEA, or from those having a right to work, such as Tier 1, ILR and spouse visa holders.
John

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:42 pm

This may make recruitment process longer and more difficult for both hiring companies and prospective hires ...

Regards
John wrote:I think you are right. Employers will need to fill their vacancies from the EEA, or from those having a right to work, such as Tier 1, ILR and spouse visa holders.
Thanks & Best Regards