ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should our British child be listed as a dependent on FLR(m) application??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: should our British child be listed as a dependent on FLR(m) application??

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:00 pm
I have lots of correspondence for 2 years but it's the first month where we lived with our parents. I feel like I should include a letter from them for this month. What do others think?
by the way, why do they ask for correspondence for 2 years (24 months) if my wife's been here for more than that i.e. almost 33 months? they're only interested in the last 24 months? To allow for settlement, finding your feet and semblance of balance in the first 6 months.

I have also been asked for
1. "Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult for me to establish a private life outside the UK"

and

2. "Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK"

What can I submit as evidence here?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:29 pm

Ht1 wrote:
I have lots of correspondence for 2 years but it's the first month where we lived with our parents.
You only need to supply cohabitation evidences covering the last 24 months from the date of application and doesn't need any letter from parents conforming your residence. In most scenarios, the first 6 months after the issuance of spouse visa/flrm the cohabitation evidences can skipped, therefore, that letter won't be needed at all, the same said earlier but was invaded by some snooty members.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:44 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:22 pm
There is no need to veering off the original crux through rubbernecking, and by inserting an impertinent case study which I am sure you shouldn't have studied in its entirety. At numerous times at preveniently, I had edified you that these case studies isn't a legislation rather a judgement regarding a particular case which differs from case to case. Try to delve at other forums too where you will see that cohabitation evidences sometimes aren't asked pacifically due to the invasion of substantial hodgepodge over the online application system & its checklist. Aside this, unlike to paper application the online application covers all scenarios where despite you are being asked something but aren't realistically required to purvey that and vice versa. Repetitively, the case study anyone can find through Google search by typing their scrumptious content, doesn't always fit into another person's scenario due to not form any legislation/covenant.
What's all this rambling for? Do you teach grammar no one uses?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:01 pm

Korekt wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:48 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:33 pm
If you have 2 years of cohabitation evidences then you don't need this letter at all.
It would appear the applicant does not have this
Since your astrology about op's circumstance has manifestly be proven inaccurate which even worsened with a hastily google searched case study. Therefore, better to apologise from op and just relinquish such ill practice of guessing and simply join the silent audience if have got nothing relevant. I hope it is enough edification. Good luck. Nice weekend.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:38 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:01 pm
Korekt wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:48 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:33 pm
If you have 2 years of cohabitation evidences then you don't need this letter at all.
It would appear the applicant does not have this
Since your astrology about op's circumstance has manifestly be proven inaccurate which even worsened with a hastily google searched case study. Therefore, better to apologise from op and just relinquish such ill practice of guessing and simply join the silent audience if have got nothing relevant. I hope it is enough edification. Good luck. Nice weekend.
I know you can't help yourself and loves having the last word even if it means rambling on.

Go on, have it; the last word.

Out of regard for the OP, I rest my case.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:29 pm
Ht1 wrote:
I have lots of correspondence for 2 years but it's the first month where we lived with our parents.
You only need to supply cohabitation evidences covering the last 24 months from the date of application and doesn't need any letter from parents conforming your residence. In most scenarios, the first 6 months after the issuance of spouse visa/flrm the cohabitation evidences can skipped, therefore, that letter won't be needed at all, the same said earlier but was invaded by some snooty members.
thanks seagul.

which pages of her passport do i need to scan and send? just the photo page and the page with the vignette on it?

i have compiled everything they've asked for so there are no anomalies that need explanation to the case worker. is it a good idea to include a cover letter anyways? I saw this recommended here: https://www.migrate.org.uk/flr-m-2018/# ... ng-letters

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:52 pm
seagul wrote:
Ht1 wrote:
thanks seagul.

which pages of her passport do i need to scan and send? just the photo page and the page with the vignette on it?

i have compiled everything they've asked for so there are no anomalies that need explanation to the case worker. is it a good idea to include a cover letter anyways? I saw this recommended here: https://www.migrate.org.uk/flr-m-2018/# ... ng-letters
There are mix experiences & opinions but better to scan all pages including the blank ones as well. If there is no anomaly to clarify then you can choose not to attach it (covering letter).

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:22 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:02 pm
Ht1 wrote:
seagul wrote:
Ht1 wrote:
thanks seagul.

There are mix experiences & opinions but better to scan all pages including the blank ones as well. If there is no anomaly to clarify then you can choose not to attach it (covering letter).
thanks once again seagul.
1. when they ask for proof of my british citizenship, just the photo pages of my passport will suffice right?

2. when they ask for proof of correspondence, the app says "The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years." I have included Council tax bills for the last 2 years (as we get one for the whole year), a months bank statement from 2018, 2019 and 2020, our 2020-21 water bill and our latest gas and electricity bill that covers Feb-September 2020. so that's 7 documents from 4 sources. is that evenly spread enough? lol

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:31 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:22 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:02 pm
Ht1 wrote:
seagul wrote:

thanks seagul.

thanks once again seagul.
1. when they ask for proof of my british citizenship, just the photo pages of my passport will suffice right?

2. when they ask for proof of correspondence, the app says "The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years." I have included Council tax bills for the last 2 years (as we get one for the whole year), a months bank statement from 2018, 2019 and 2020, our 2020-21 water bill and our latest gas and electricity bill that covers Feb-September 2020. so that's 7 documents from 4 sources. is that evenly spread enough? lol
1. Yes

2. Fine but make sure to spread these with even gaps of 3-4 months. For this purpose you can even include anything such as any letter from NHS/DVLA/hmrc etc.

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 pm

hi seagul,

the issue with utility bills is that they are issued once or twice a year as they cover multiple months. bank statements, which i can access via online banking, are broken down month wise so much easier to space out. i already have 7 documents from 4 different sources in joint names so to space them out for every 4 months, as you say, should i just add more bank statements? if you don't recommend that then can i just upload as many docs with mine and my wife's name on them that i can get hold of (but not on the same doc i.e. one will have just her name and another will have just my name-the address will be the same of course)?

here's what I've uploaded so far (all are in both our names):

1. council tax bill for 2017/18.
2. council tax bill for 2019/20.
3. gas and electricity bill issued in october 2020 that covers feb-september 2020.
4. water bill issued in march 2020 that covers april 2020-march 2021
5. bank statement from 1st march 2018-29th march 2018
6. bank statement from 31st may 2019-28th june 2019
7. bank statement from 30th may 2020-30th june 2020

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:29 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 pm
hi seagul,
? if you don't recommend that then can i just upload as many docs with mine and my wife's name on them that i can get hold of (but not on the same doc i.e. one will have just her name and another will have just my name-the address will be the same of course)?
It will be wise in doing so where you may add multitude range of documents addressed in sole names because in my view, despite some documents such as council tax & utility bills are issued yearly covering the whole year but still its date of issuance will matter instead the duration. For this purpose, you can attach any document representing yours names & address.

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:19 pm

thanks once again seagul. i'll find more documents to upload.

for my wife's english language assessment, we got in touch with NARIC and they sent us a letter stating that based on the documents we've sent, her English level is B1 (we had already gotten her equivalency certificate from NARIC soon after she came to the UK 2 years ago). in that letter was another piece of paper that states "In addition to the English Language Assessment you may wish to receive a UK NARIC Certificate of English Language Assessment for the qualification named above."

do i need this? it'll cost extra and God knows when it'll get to us by.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:11 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:19 pm
thanks once again seagul. i'll find more documents to upload.

for my wife's english language assessment, we got in touch with NARIC and they sent us a letter stating that based on the documents we've sent, her English level is B1 (we had already gotten her equivalency certificate from NARIC soon after she came to the UK 2 years ago). in that letter was another piece of paper that states "In addition to the English Language Assessment you may wish to receive a UK NARIC Certificate of English Language Assessment for the qualification named above."

do i need this? it'll cost extra and God knows when it'll get to us by.
Yes you need another letter from NARIC regarding your English proficiency apart of the comparability report. Usually the price charge for red route covers both reports/statements.

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:25 pm

this is the text that was in the email we got from them: "A PDF of your English Language Assessment is attached".

text taken from the PDF they sent says: "Level of English: The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level B1"

this won't suffice? when we asked for this service they told us it's the english language assessment and their receipt says the same.

if this won't suffice, any idea how long it'll take them to send me this additional certificate based on what you've seen in other parts of this site?

thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:32 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:25 pm
this is the text that was in the email we got from them: "A PDF of your English Language Assessment is attached".

text taken from the PDF they sent says: "Level of English: The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level B1"

this won't suffice? when we asked for this service they told us it's the english language assessment and their receipt says the same.

if this won't suffice, any idea how long it'll take them to send me this additional certificate based on what you've seen in other parts of this site?

thanks!
There are few faqs at below but you should speak with them as a first thing tommorrow morning. Despite above I have noticed that they are pretty quicker in responding & processing.

https://www.naric.org.uk/Qualifications/FAQ.aspx

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:21 pm

yes, i'll call them tomorrow. when i search for NARIC english language assessment certificate, this comes up: https://www.naric.org.uk/Documents/Qual ... LA/ELA.pdf

this is exactly what we've already got from them :S

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:00 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:21 pm
yes, i'll call them tomorrow. when i search for NARIC english language assessment certificate, this comes up: https://www.naric.org.uk/Documents/Qual ... LA/ELA.pdf

this is exactly what we've already got from them :S
This seems a comparability report only. And, at its bottom you can clearly read the instruction & the cost involved. But do make sure to obtain NARIC English proficiency certificate as well.

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:27 am

spoke to them earlier today and what they've sent me is sufficient. the certificate they mention is purely a "decorative piece of paper for people to put on their walls". those were their words-not mine lol.

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:41 am

hi seagul,

one last question as the app is almost ready. do i need to write a cover letter? there are no anomalies or docs we've missed which they've asked for. the only thing that could need an explanation is that the council tax bills for the last 2-3 years that i've uploaded state the date issued as the date i downloaded them off my council's website (so October 2020)-on the top of the bill though it states the years it's for. is that worth writing a cover letter for?

if you do recommend i write it, who should it be from i.e. me or my wife (the applicant)?

thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:26 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:41 am
hi seagul,

one last question as the app is almost ready. do i need to write a cover letter? there are no anomalies or docs we've missed which they've asked for. the only thing that could need an explanation is that the council tax bills for the last 2-3 years that i've uploaded state the date issued as the date i downloaded them off my council's website (so October 2020)-on the top of the bill though it states the years it's for. is that worth writing a cover letter for?

if you do recommend i write it, who should it be from i.e. me or my wife (the applicant)?

thanks!
If there is no ambiguity with the case then you can go ahead without the covering letter but still no harm in attaching it especially spotlighting the financial calculations (if you wish so).
That letter can be written from either of you.

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:13 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:26 pm
Ht1 wrote:
hi seagul,

thanks!
If there is no ambiguity with the case then you can go ahead without the covering letter but still no harm in attaching it especially spotlighting the financial calculations (if you wish so).
great. thanks.

i will add a cover letter but i don't want to go over board with what i include. please highlight from the list below what you recommend i should include:

1. how me and my wife met.
2. my citizenship status and how much i earn.
3. where we live and that i've attached docs showing i have a mortgage on it.
4. clarify the 'date issued' discrepancy on the council tax bills.
5. in the app, i selected the option that says "Not the same amount continuously, above the
financial requirement amount" when it asked what i earn. this is because i have a gross salary plus a commission that's paid 3-4 times a year. should i include this commission explanation in the cover letter to explain why i selected that particular option?
6. in one section, it asked for details of any previous addresses. i added that we stayed with my parents for 1 month after her arrival. given this was more than 2 years ago, is there any point in adding this to the cover letter (as they're only concerned with the last 2 years)?

please excuse my long questions. just being over cautious :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:30 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:13 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:26 pm
Ht1 wrote:
hi seagul,

thanks!
great. thanks.

i will add a cover letter but i don't want to go over board with what i include. please highlight from the list below what you recommend i should include:

1. how me and my wife met.
2. my citizenship status and how much i earn.
3. where we live and that i've attached docs showing i have a mortgage on it.
4. clarify the 'date issued' discrepancy on the council tax bills.
5. in the app, i selected the option that says "Not the same amount continuously, above the
financial requirement amount" when it asked what i earn. this is because i have a gross salary plus a commission that's paid 3-4 times a year. should i include this commission explanation in the cover letter to explain why i selected that particular option?
6. in one section, it asked for details of any previous addresses. i added that we stayed with my parents for 1 month after her arrival. given this was more than 2 years ago, is there any point in adding this to the cover letter (as they're only concerned with the last 2 years)?

please excuse my long questions. just being over cautious :)
It's alright to be cautious, the time it takes and money it cost are significant.
Cover letter is for addressing any points whatsoever you think needs clarifying and the ones you listed can be.
Things about meeting financial requirement including showing calculation of how you meet it should also be in the cover letter.

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:32 am

thanks AmazonianX!

1. i submitted the documentation yesterday and our appointment is on 7th november. when they say it'll take them 6-8 weeks to make a decision, that'll start from 7th november right?

2. will it effect her application in any way if she and i travel outside the UK during those 6-8 weeks?

3. on the app, it asks for this "Optionally, I will provide the following documents: Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult or impossible to integrate and establish a private life outside the UK"
what can i include to satisfy this part?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Ht1 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:32 am
thanks AmazonianX!

1. i submitted the documentation yesterday and our appointment is on 7th november. when they say it'll take them 6-8 weeks to make a decision, that'll start from 7th november right? Taken to mean start from date of biometrics submission though suspect some activity already ongoing at normal times.

2. will it effect her application in any way if she and i travel outside the UK during those 6-8 weeks? Yes, it will be taken that you withdraw you present application with HO. So do not travel.

3. on the app, it asks for this "Optionally, I will provide the following documents: Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult or impossible to integrate and establish a private life outside the UK"
what can i include to satisfy this part? Details about your ties or settled and integrated life in the UK. Child or children, work or business.

Ht1
United Kingdom

Post by Ht1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:02 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:14 pm
Ht1 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:32 am
thanks AmazonianX!

1. i submitted the documentation yesterday and our appointment is on 7th november. when they say it'll take them 6-8 weeks to make a decision, that'll start from 7th november right? Taken to mean start from date of biometrics submission though suspect some activity already ongoing at normal times.

2. will it effect her application in any way if she and i travel outside the UK during those 6-8 weeks? Yes, it will be taken that you withdraw you present application with HO. So do not travel.

what can i include to satisfy this part? Details about your ties or settled and integrated life in the UK. Child or children, work or business. i have already submitted my job contract, letter from employer, my daughter's birth certificate, mortgage offer, utility bills, council tax. is that sufficient to to satisfy this part? i'm unsure what else would address my ties to a settled life in the UK.
in the app, they asked "Please give details of any previous addresses (including country if outside the UK), how long you lived there and whether you lived at this address with your partner". here i said that we lived with my parents from end of feb till end of march 2018. as this was well over 2 years ago, do i need to include a letter from my parents? (i've asked this before but just confirming by asking again-sorry).