ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU citizens travelling at the border with Presettled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Elderflower5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Non-EU citizens travelling at the border with Presettled Status

Post by Elderflower5 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 pm

Hello

I’ve been wanting to know what the experience of travelling back into the UK for non-EU family members with presettled status is. Were the border agents familiar with presettled status? What questions did they ask you?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Non-EU citizens travelling at the border with Presettled Status

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:46 pm

The British ECOs you meet at airports or other borders are very familiar with all residence documents issued by the Home Office. I didn't hear any complaint about that.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:47 pm

Elderflower5 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 pm
Were the border agents familiar with presettled status? What questions did they ask you?
Are you asking about the experience of having only electronic Pre-Settled status and no card (e.g. only EEA RC)?
Or are you asking about the experience of having a EUSS Pre-Settled Status card?

I think there is potential for a really different experience there... and also, the answer you get today will be different from the answers you will get come January 2021; since the EEA RC will in theory be expired. Curious to see what the experience of electronic status only is in that case.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

goodpartner
Ukraine

Post by goodpartner » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:19 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:47 pm
Elderflower5 wrote:
Were the border agents familiar with presettled status? What questions did they ask you?
Are you asking about the experience of having only electronic Pre-Settled status and no card (e.g. only EEA RC)?
Or are you asking about the experience of having a EUSS Pre-Settled Status card?

I think there is potential for a really different experience there... and also, the answer you get today will be different from the answers you will get come January 2021; since the EEA RC will in theory be expired. Curious to see what the experience of electronic status only is in that case.

What will change to those who hold EU residence card and pre-settled status linked to that card? I was emailed by the Resolution centr that nothing should be done in that case and a person can travel without any issues.

Comment it kamoe :)

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:25 pm

goodpartner wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:19 pm
What will change to those who hold EU residence card and pre-settled status linked to that card? I was emailed by the Resolution centr that nothing should be done in that case and a person can travel without any issues.
This is a hot topic being discussed right now in a few threads.

Does the communication from the EUSS Resolution specifies until which date you can travel with no issues, by any chance?
Can you please share the exact wording (omitting any personal details) on that email?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Elderflower5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Elderflower5 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:18 am

kamoe wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:47 pm
Elderflower5 wrote:

I’m asking what it’s like travelling with a presettled status card issued under the EU Settlement Scheme.