ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Carolinabm
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalization Questions

Post by Carolinabm » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Dear All, hope yous are all keeping well.

I just have a quick "long-question" :) regarding this process of the citizenship, maybe someone went through the same thing so I can have a better understanding of all this.

I applied for the Irish Citizenship based on 5 years continue residency at the beginning of March 2019.
In June 19 my husband and I, purchased a property and we moved there, as soon as we moved I sent an email to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie informing them regarding the address changed (I was given this email address when I got my first Irish residence back in 2013, to write to them every time I am updating my address, which I did each time I moved and they always replied.)

So.. we moved to the new property, I informed them via email and they answered within one working day, "Your address has now been updated and noted in the Citizenship Section application".

Now here I am in July 2020 (1 year and 4 months since I applied and nothing from their side) ..I know it's a long process as well Brexit and Covid made it difficult but I was expecting to receive the letter regarding the 2nd stage by now.

I've stared to chase them in August requesting some updates, no replies to my emails but a few days later after my last email sent, I've received a letter from them (the excitement thinking maybe it's the 2nd stage letter) but to my surprise I got a form to be completed and to confirm my new address and some copies of a the utility bill, revenue letters etc.. ?!??!?! (crazy that I'm receiving this just now after I've informed they 1 year ago about the address change)

After sending the requested documentation and few days passed I emailed them again for them to confirm if this was received and what's the story with the application.
They just replied at the end of September confirming that they received the papers and they've updated this in their systems and the citizenship application (again??) and they apologies due to Covid delays but as soon as a decision is reach they will update me etc, etc...

I know working remotely it makes it very difficult but I feel the process is not very straight forward and you need to chase and chase and chase for them look at your application, as well I heard some rumors if your sending to many emails they might just delay your application or put it on the side as you're "too naughty" by chasing them or questioning why this is taking too much time...but of course there are just speculations.

So not sure what to expect now or how long should I expect for the second stage letter...
I anyone who applied around March or April which they received they 2nd stage letter or still waiting as I am?

Sorry for the long novel here but I'm just losing the hope with this process..
Thanks a lot.

ailA2019
Ireland

Re: Naturalization Questions

Post by ailA2019 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:48 pm

Second stage, etc doesn’t really matter as many receive their approvals without the second stage letter.

if you chase them or no. A result no difference

in February, was told on the phone that they have everything they need, that my file is complete and submitted to the minister. after a few months, I’m got a letter asking for reasons why I closed my business and lay off employees And also confirm my address and copies of a utility bill, revenue etc..

Over the last few weeks, My solicitor was told is not submitted to the minister yet.

therefore, even my solicitor is ‘no longer knows how they actually work.

What is important now is that you got your reference number and receipt- just a waiting game after that!

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by UK245 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:11 am

" and you need to chase and chase and chase for them look at your application, as well I heard some rumors if your sending to many emails they might just delay your application or put it on the side as you're "too naughty" by chasing them or questioning why this is taking too much time...but of course there are just speculations"

That's absolute nonsense. I will point out though that you (and everyone else) sending endless emails all the time takes away time from processing files. Every time somone has to read and reply to yet another email asking for an update that isn't available, thats another 10 minutes they can't get to the actual files.

Carolinabm
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Carolinabm » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:40 am

UK245 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:11 am
" and you need to chase and chase and chase for them look at your application, as well I heard some rumors if your sending to many emails they might just delay your application or put it on the side as you're "too naughty" by chasing them or questioning why this is taking too much time...but of course there are just speculations"

That's absolute nonsense. I will point out though that you (and everyone else) sending endless emails all the time takes away time from processing files. Every time somone has to read and reply to yet another email asking for an update that isn't available, thats another 10 minutes they can't get to the actual files.

If I wouldn't chase them (basically 2 emails sent at beginning and end of August20) probably they wouldn't bother to look at my application and send the address change form...

I perfectly understand your point and it makes sense but it's not like I'm sending them every week an email to see what's the story? (and I hope as well people don't abuse of this and sends emails like crazy as they are overflowing their inbox) I know this takes time as there's lots of checks in place and verifications with the origin countries etc..as well Brexit Covid makes it difficult...but still, to not hear for an year and a half from them and seeing other receiving they 2nd letter or approvals letters which applied on same month as you or few month after you of course you start panicking and request updates.

Carolinabm
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Carolinabm » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:51 am

ailA2019 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:48 pm
Second stage, etc doesn’t really matter as many receive their approvals without the second stage letter.

if you chase them or no. A result no difference

in February, was told on the phone that they have everything they need, that my file is complete and submitted to the minister. after a few months, I’m got a letter asking for reasons why I closed my business and lay off employees And also confirm my address and copies of a utility bill, revenue etc..

Over the last few weeks, My solicitor was told is not submitted to the minister yet.

therefore, even my solicitor is ‘no longer knows how they actually work.

What is important now is that you got your reference number and receipt- just a waiting game after that!
Thanks a lot for your reply ailA2019