ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Irish work permit issued! Now EC for Ireland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulgon

My Irish work permit issued! Now EC for Ireland

Post by gulgon » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:27 pm

Hello,

I have learned that Irish Ministry of Enterprise issued my work permit and sent it to my employer. I will apply to the Irish Embassy in London for Entry Clearance in the next weeks.

I would be pleased if you could give me information about how to get Irish EC; what documents to attach etc. I would be very pleased to hear your experiences. Do they create any problem for instance? or are they quite welcoming, easy-going regarding the EC.

Many thanks

geekbo
Newly Registered

Post by geekbo » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:47 pm

When I came into Ireland all I needed was my passport & a copy of my work permit from my employer. Had no hassles.

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:56 am

I guess you are a non-visa national for IR (means u dont need a visa to visit ireland). But i am a visa national so I had to make a EC (visa) application even though I have my work permit in my hand...

Anyway I made my visa application last week and it was so easy to do. I will get it this week. It seems like a formality as far as u have a WP.

Just for info they asked :
-original WP
-letter from employer
-3 photo
-passport

They will give a 3 month visa, with which i will enter Ireland and register with Garda to get my 1 year residence (card?)...

Good luck all

geekbo
Newly Registered

Post by geekbo » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:41 am

Yes, you will need to get your Garda Card which is like a residence green card. Very easy to get. All you need is your work permit (original) & go to the local office. Sometimes the queues are long but it's open till late 6 days a week. Wil you be in Dublin? If so I can give you more info on this too.

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:15 am

gulgon,

Dont forget to make your work permit multiple entry visa.The D-Work Visa Issued by Irish Embassy in India is single Entry and is valid for 3 months. You then you have to register with Garda.They will extend it for the period mentioned in your work permit.

I wasnt aware of this fact and neither was my employer.Infact most of the immigration officer are not aware of this fact. I travelled in and out of Ireland 4 times and no body asked me a question. But recently one immigration officer asked me why I dont have a sticker which is valid till my work permit expiry and why my visa is not multiple entry. She then told me that I need to get multiple entry visa and she gave me visa warning.

Hope this helps.

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:44 am

Geekbo and Narween, Many thanks for helpful info. I will take the visa this thu and fly to dublin next week.

I guess this (like green) Garda Residence Card means a multipleentry proof? or I will get this card from garda and seperately I will ask for a multiple entry visa?

My WP expiry date is 16 April 2006, I wonder if the expiry date of the card will be this date or a bit further date? How long more I can ask them to put the expiry date?

Because some immigration authorities are elastic sometimes. For example, though my program was finishing in feb 2005 in Uk, I was able to make my UK visa expiry until the August 2005 (5-6 months later!) thanks to my bilateral chat with the visa officer...

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:51 am

Hi Gulgon,

My Work Permit is valid till Sept 14th 2005 but the Garda Officer stamped my passport till 14th Dec'2005. But my GNIB Card is valid only till 14th Sept'2005.

By Default your Work Permit wont be multiple Entry. Once you register with Garda you have to make your Work Permit Multiple Entry. You have to go to Garda Office and have to make it multiple Entry:
Documents Required:
Letter from Employer
Work Permit
GNIB Card
100 Euros Fees
Passport
2 Passport size Photographs.

Office Opens from 8AM - 12PM. You will get coupon at 8AM. If you go after 8AM you wont get ticket. My Advice is go by 6AM otherwise the queue is going to be big and theres no guarantee you will get a ticket.