ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant visa queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 dependant visa queries

Post by traveller789654 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi,

I had some queries regarding Tier 2 dependant visa application.

1) Does the time gap matter between when the main Tier 2 applicant came to the UK and when the dependant applies to come to UK ?
Suppose the Tier 2 main applicant first came to the UK in 2016, got married in 2019 and then their dependant makes an application in 2020 or possibly later ? Does this matter ? Because the delay in the Tier 2 dependant applying has obviously been the global pandemic and family health reasons.
Does the Tier 2 dependant need to explain in a cover letter, why they are joining their partner after a year ? Or that is not necessary ?

2) Suppose the pandemic situation does not improve and it is difficult for the Tier 2 dependant partner to travel after getting the visa, is it ok if the main applicant collects the BRP on the partners behalf in the UK ? And can the partner wait till the pandemic situation improves before travelling ?

3) Suppose the Tier 2 dependant partner joins the main applicant in 2020, and then the main applicant applies for ILR in 2021, does that mean that the partner now needs to re-apply as another category ? Or can the partner continue to stay on the original Tier 2 dependant ? If the Tier 2 dependant partner needs to reapply as a different category, what is the time frame for them to do this ?

4) If the main applicant has applied and got ILR in 2021, how long will it take the Tier 2 dependant partner in this case to be eligible for ILR ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependant visa queries

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:43 pm

1. No it doesn't matter.

2. The dependent has to collect it and present the passport with the entry stamp. Without that, you won't get her brp.

3. Continue on tier 2 dependent. Apply before their visa expires.

4. All visa routes require 5 years. There is no shortcut route for your dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller789654 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:40 pm

Thanks CR001 !

One additional question regarding the place of stay in the UK, is it necessary to have an entire independent house when applying to bring a partner ? Or say if the person is living in shared housing situation with independent room is ok as well ?
And if there is a minimum accommodation requirement, is it an independent flat, studio, shared house with independent room ?
Lastly would a letter from the landlord be required or is that only optional ?

Thanks again

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller789654 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi, I just read this post

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... 36203.html

And it seems that any letter regarding place of stay is not required ?

Also I noticed that marriage photos were not required as well and instead all chat history was required between the couple ?

Can anyone please advise on this if possible ? Anything from past experience of T2 dependent visa application will be very helpful.

I have so far gathered the following -

My passport copies
My visa scan
My last 3 months bank statements

Partners documents -
Passport
TB certificate

Marriage certificate
Marriage photographs

Hopefully the above should suffice ? Surely sending all of our private chats over the years would be a little excessive ?

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller789654 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:45 pm

After reading a lot of posts in the forum about Tier 2 dependent visa, I am now more confused than ever. There is no one consistent list of required documents. everyone's case is unique... some, include personal chats and call logs, some include landlord letters, some include tenancy agreements, some notarize documents, some say that text logs are not good enough, some say screenshots, etc. I really do not know what to do :?

I still have this query which is that, is the accommodation really important ? and are the landlords personal circumstances important ?
Does it matter whether you are a lodger, or a tenant, or the number of people living in the property ?

Some people on the forum say that they are just concerned whether you have sufficient funds in your account and can support your partner ?

Any advice will be great ? Thanks

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Waseem432000 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:17 pm

A lot of people speak with their experiences and I doubt many if any are actual immigration professionals. The minimum set of documents required are the same for everyone but then a visa application is like making a case. You want to attach as much evidence as you can without attaching too many irrelevant documents because they are a waste of time for you and the visa officer.

When I applied for my spouse's visa dependent application, I was renting a room in shared accommodation. I ended up attaching a copy of my tenancy agreement for that room plus wrote a letter on a plain page that I am searching for a one-bed apartment and per my attached payslips, I have enough funds to afford that bla bla. I didn't attach anything from my landlord or from any letting agent. Another of my friends followed the exact same process and both visa applications were successful but then there is another person in our office who basically rented out a separate apartment, asked the letting agent to write a line in that agreement that they have no issues with this person's spouse living in the property as well and then even paid for a property inspection report before applying for a dependent visa and their request was granted as well. I am yet to see anyone being denied a dependent visa because they didn't rent out a property first or anything but there are quite a few cases where the visa officer refused the application because of a lack of evidence for a subsisting relationship so regular contact between you and your spouse, pictures and other photos are actually important.

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller789654 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:58 pm

Thanks . This was helpful! I also submitted the tenancy agreement.

aaj2111
Newly Registered
India

Post by aaj2111 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:55 am

Hi traveller789654 ,

I am also in a similar situation. Just started the dependant application form online for my wife and child. Confused with the required documents. Which section do they ask for tenancy agreement / residence proof, photos/ communication with spouse, TB certificate etc or rather where do you submit it.

Thank you in advance. Cheers.

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller789654 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:13 pm

Hello

It's towards the end, once you complete the form, it should take you to the VFS global page where you can manage your appointment, upload documents, etc

On the upload page there are sections where you upload, and they have examples written in brackets... But some of the upload sections may not be applicable.
Make sure you give a name to the file you are uploading on the website. It will make it easier to locate. Also note that the upload page times out, so have all your documents ready before starting upload.
And to be double sure, you can view what all you have uploaded, once uploaded

All the best