ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to bring non EU child in UK? Urgent Please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lemoneye
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How to bring non EU child in UK? Urgent Please

Post by lemoneye » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I am confused about what application I should make for my spouse's child to come and live in the UK with us (my wife is non-EU, I am EU, both with pre-settled status and working and living in the UK). She wants to bring her child here to the UK. The child currently lives in Central America. My questions would be:

I must make the application with my presettled number or she must make the application with her presettled number?
What application must be done? EUSS Family Permit first or Presettled status application directly?
Can the child come to the UK accompanied by her without application and after to apply for presettled within the UK?
What documents are needed? The child's birth certificate, our marriage certificate and that is all (child does not have ID card, he's 10 years old)?

kamoe
European Union

Re: How to bring non EU child in UK? Urgent Please

Post by kamoe » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:25 pm

lemoneye wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:40 pm
I must make the application with my presettled number or she must make the application with her presettled number?
You are the only EU national in the equation, so it must be your number.
What application must be done? EUSS Family Permit first or Presettled status application directly?
EUSS Family Permit
Can the child come to the UK accompanied by her without application and after to apply for presettled within the UK?
Depends if the child usually requires an entry visa. But in any case, best policy is always best to have a EUSS Family Permit.
What documents are needed? The child's birth certificate, our marriage certificate and that is all (child does not have ID card, he's 10 years old)?
You need to prove that they are the child of your wife, and you need to proof your wife is your wife. So:

-All three passports (The child needs a passport)
-Birth certificate of the child
-Marriage certificate

That should be enough.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.