ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IDV indeed works! Have faith on it.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maglum
Newly Registered
India

Applying for Naturalisation (for me) and ILR (spouse) at the same time

Post by maglum » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:03 am

Hello everyone
I am in a bit of tangled situation, hopefully some of you can shed some light. I just applied online and paid for my naturalisation (tier-2 + ILR). As part of my application I think I have to upload a few documents - certainly Passport +BRP. Also I think I need to book an appointment and submit biometrics physically? I read some recent posts that UKVI can use my previous biometrics and I may be excluded physically attending the office. Is that right? My main question here is - any any case do I need to send the UKVI the original Passport + BRP that they will hold until a decision is made?
Now this brings to my second part of the tangle. My spouse just finishing her 5 year Tier-2 (Dependant PBS) period and will apply for ILR. As part of that application we need to submit my PP+BRP. Assuming I have sent my PP+BRP to UKVI already (for my own application), will the soft-copies be enough for her application? Or will they ask for the originals (My PP+BRP) in her case too?

Her ILR is more important than my Nat. at this point. Is it possible to withdraw my application and get a refund explaining the situation?
Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying for Naturalisation (for me) and ILR (spouse) at the same time

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:19 am

No original documents are required to be sent to UKVI - scans are uploaded on the system, certainly for naturalisation, presumably for ILR as well so you will retain your passport & BRP at all times.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:27 am

I just applied online and paid for my naturalisation (tier-2 + ILR). As part of my application I think I have to upload a few documents - certainly Passport +BRP.
Plus LIUK and English if you have the actual pass letters/certificates. Passport covering the last 5 years, in case you have had a renewal in between.
Also I think I need to book an appointment and submit biometrics physically? I read some recent posts that UKVI can use my previous biometrics and I may be excluded physically attending the office. Is that right?

You will be notified of in person or reuse by email.
My main question here is - any any case do I need to send the UKVI the original Passport + BRP that they will hold until a decision is made?
No. However, they can ask for any original documents at any point.
Now this brings to my second part of the tangle. My spouse just finishing her 5 year Tier-2 (Dependant PBS) period and will apply for ILR. As part of that application we need to submit my PP+BRP. Assuming I have sent my PP+BRP to UKVI already (for my own application), will the soft-copies be enough for her application? Or will they ask for the originals (My PP+BRP) in her case too?
1. You shouldn't ask ILR questions in the British citizenship sub forum. They are not relevant here.

2. As stated daily on the forum, NO orignals are sent to HO anymore, everything is uploaded digitally.
Her ILR is more important than my Nat. at this point. Is it possible to withdraw my application and get a refund explaining the situation?
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... to-remain/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maglum
Newly Registered
India

Post by maglum » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:39 am

Thanks Both! That's very reassuring to know that I will keep my passport+BRP at all times (mostly).
CR001: Many thanks for reconfirming. As the issue in hand spans the ILR+Naturalisation horizon, I had to choose one sub and this one is probably more relevant.

maglum
Newly Registered
India

IDV indeed works! Have faith on it.

Post by maglum » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:05 pm

Hello all, I thought it may be useful for some of you who worry about IDV app's functionality.

I applied for naturalisation on 3rd Sept and got the invitation for IDV to submit my biometrics. Like many here I did not go for double submission (i.e. by Sopra too) route and waited patiently. After 5 weeks from IDV and document submission, I got the approval letter today (21st Oct).

I am sure there are more example of that. So if you have applied only by IDV, it will be all okay. There are no conclusive evidence that double submission made things faster. Anyway good luck to all. Also thanks to all the mods.

russn
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: IDV indeed works! Have faith on it.

Post by russn » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:17 pm

Congrats ! Did you get the letter by post or by email ?

maglum
Newly Registered
India

Post by maglum » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:10 pm

by e-mail only. I dont think they will send anything by post. Asked me to wait up to 12 weeks for ceremonial letter from the local council. I guess it will take longer than the application itself! Let's see.
All the best!

prk17
Newly Registered
India

Post by prk17 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:02 pm

Hi, Just a small query on the IDV app itself. My app shows everything is submitted but logging into the UKVAS app says you have few steps remaining (i.e. book appointment etc).

Am I correct to assume that IDV information has not been updated in the UKCVAS website? or do I still need to book an appointment.

(IDV invitation was received in Aug end and application made in September)

Thank you
Regards,
Prk

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:30 pm

We already have a long running thread for similar questions:

british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... 99581.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.