ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS for parents in law and sibling

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

annsmith
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EUSS for parents in law and sibling

Post by annsmith » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:25 pm

Hello All,

I hope somebody can help me.

I am non EU, married to EU person. We have been married for 5 year and both have settled status.

I am applying for my non EU parents for EUSS to move and live with us in the UK. I will not prove their dependency, as it is assumed. So no problem here.

I also have 14 years old sister. From what I understand, she can't apply for EUSS as she is not close family member, she can only apply for EU family permit. But she is not dependant on me, as she is dependant on her parents.

Any ideas how we can solve this? She can't stay in another country if her parents move to the UK. Surely, there has to be some way to bring family together.

Will it be easier, if first parents will come, then apply for pre-settled status and then somehow make visa for her daughter?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you

kamoe
European Union

Re: EUSS for parents in law and sibling

Post by kamoe » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:01 pm

annsmith wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:25 pm
I am applying for my non EU parents for EUSS to move and live with us in the UK. I will not prove their dependency, as it is assumed. So no problem here.
Be aware that whilst you do not have to prove their dependency, you do have to tick a checkbox confirming their dependency. As far as I understand, people are able to get away with this, as far as the story ends there. But this is not as straightforward as it might seem, because...
I also have 14 years old sister. From what I understand, she can't apply for EUSS as she is not close family member, she can only apply for EU family permit. But she is not dependant on me, as she is dependant on her parents.
...the minute you lodge an immigration application for your sister, on the basis that she is dependent on your parents, it will be clear that your parents are not dependent on you, or your husband.

Remember that checkbox? Claiming your sister is dependent on your parents, will be a sign that you provided false information to the Home Office.
She can't stay in another country if her parents move to the UK. Surely, there has to be some way to bring family together.
Surely this will tell you that you are trying to use an immigration route that is not designed for what you intend to do (bringing non-dependent parents, and their dependents). Surely, any caseworker will see through it, and decide that, in order to not to separate a teenager form her parents, the solution is to deny a permit to your sister, and/or revoke your parent's.

Sorry, that's how it works.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Why have you registered a second username to continue asking the same question you posted a couple of weeks ago??? Multiple usernames are strictly not permitted on the forum!!!

member/marynatassos/

Logged in 4 minutes before you registered a new username!
Last active:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:10 pm
member/marynatassos/posts/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

annsmith
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by annsmith » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:01 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:01 pm
annsmith wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:25 pm
Be aware that whilst you do not have to prove their dependency, you do have to tick a checkbox confirming their dependency. As far as I understand, people are able to get away with this, as far as the story ends there. But this is not as straightforward as it might seem, because...
...the minute you lodge an immigration application for your sister, on the basis that she is dependent on your parents, it will be clear that your parents are not dependent on you, or your husband.

Remember that checkbox? Claiming your sister is dependent on your parents, will be a sign that you provided false information to the Home Office.
She can't stay in another country if her parents move to the UK. Surely, there has to be some way to bring family together.
Surely this will tell you that you are trying to use an immigration route that is not designed for what you intend to do (bringing non-dependent parents, and their dependents). Surely, any caseworker will see through it, and decide that, in order to not to separate a teenager form her parents, the solution is to deny a permit to your sister, and/or revoke your parent's.

Sorry, that's how it works.
Thank you for your comment. I see what you mean. I will check with lawyer, but seems like there is not much hope. Thanks anyway

annsmith
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by annsmith » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:20 pm
Why have you registered a second username to continue asking the same question you posted a couple of weeks ago??? Multiple usernames are strictly not permitted on the forum!!!

member/marynatassos/

Logged in 4 minutes before you registered a new username!
Last active:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:10 pm
member/marynatassos/posts/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin

Hello,

I am really sorry, I have tried to delete one of the accounts but couldn't find how to do so. If you can delete, please do so, or let me know how can I do it?

Thanks you and sorry again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Which account do you wish to be deactivated?

It won't be deleted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

annsmith
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by annsmith » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:08 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:26 pm
Which account do you wish to be deactivated?

It won't be deleted.
The first one please - maryna.

Thank you for your help.