ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HM2009
Newly Registered
India

Spouse Visa Extension Questions

Post by HM2009 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Dear All, Hi
I am due for my first extension for my spouse visa mid-November. Have few question, it will be much appreciated if someone can help me. I have written my answers in red.
1) I have selected that I have been know my other name. My surname changed after marriage. So for this question, is my answer is correct?
Why have you been known by another name? Marriage or civil partnership
2) Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
Yes
3) Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.
First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)
4) When did you start living together in a relationship? (What do I write our marriage date or the date I enter UK)
5) Have you lived with your partner since your marriage or civil partnership?
I have chosen No (As, In first couple of months after marriage we have to lived separately because we were in the process of applying my UK Visa. But in that few months my Partner have visited India few times and we have lived together for the time he was in India. Since I entered the UK we have lived together.)
6) TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: Family Route (is this the correct category)
7) Under Non- Applying Children,
• Do you have any children of 18 years old or under? Yes
• Are all of your children applying with you on this application? No (He is a British Citizen)

Please guide me that the application I am filling in is correct or not.
Your help will me much appreciated.
Thank you
Hiral

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Questions

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:51 pm

HM2009 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:24 pm
Dear All, Hi
I am due for my first extension for my spouse visa mid-November. Have few question, it will be much appreciated if someone can help me. I have written my answers in red.
1) I have selected that I have been know my other name. My surname changed after marriage. So for this question, is my answer is correct?
Why have you been known by another name? Marriage or civil partnership
2) Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
Yes
3) Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.
First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)
4) When did you start living together in a relationship? (What do I write our marriage date or the date I enter UK)
5) Have you lived with your partner since your marriage or civil partnership?
I have chosen No (As, In first couple of months after marriage we have to lived separately because we were in the process of applying my UK Visa. But in that few months my Partner have visited India few times and we have lived together for the time he was in India. Since I entered the UK we have lived together.)
6) TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: Family Route (is this the correct category)
7) Under Non- Applying Children,
• Do you have any children of 18 years old or under? Yes
• Are all of your children applying with you on this application? No (He is a British Citizen)

Please guide me that the application I am filling in is correct or not.
Your help will me much appreciated.
Thank you
Hiral
1'2,3) seems fine
4) ideally it should match with what you said/expressed previously
5) I will still says yes
6) I will select settlement but for many family also worked
7)fine
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

HM2009
Newly Registered
India

Post by HM2009 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Thank you Seagul for your help. Just a question occur in regards to my son. Should I apply him under non-applying category (my Question 7 ) or Say YES (in my Question 7 Point 2) and apply him as new applicant on my application as dependent. He is a son (British Citizen) of myself and sponsor. Please help me out of this confusion. Thank you very much for considering to help me out.

HM2009
Newly Registered
India

Post by HM2009 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:22 pm

hi Seagul, or anyone, will you be able to help me on my above question. Your help will be much appreciated. thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:48 pm

HM2009 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:05 pm
Should I apply him under non-applying category
A British citizen (son) doesn't need any visa, therefore, should be considered as none-applying.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

HM2009
Newly Registered
India

Post by HM2009 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:32 am

Thank you Seagul for helping me out. I asked the above question as got confused after reading another topic up here "should our British child be listed as a Dependent on FLR(m) application" and someone in that topic said yes it has to be included as dependent. But i think i misunderstood that topic or they were talking about paper form?

Need help on one more question. In the finance section, they ask do you own or rent your home. Home is owned (mortgage) by my partner. So what should i choose in the option, "Own"?
It will be much appreciated if you could help me out. Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:39 am

HM2009 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:32 am
Thank you Seagul for helping me out.

Need help on one more question. In the finance section, they ask do you own or rent your home. Home is owned (mortgage) by my partner. So what should i choose in the option, "Own"?
It will be much appreciated if you could help me out. Thank you.
"Own" should be appropriate.

HM2009
Newly Registered
India

Post by HM2009 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:01 pm

Thank you seagul once again for your help. I am having 2 more questions as I move ahead in the application. It will be much appreciated if you can help me out.

1) Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people? (some documents are in joint name myself and husband (sponsor). so he should sign the part 2 of this form?)

2) Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support? (Is the another person in this question refer to my husband as he is sponsoring me. so he should sign the part 3 as well of this form?)

Form link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you once again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:07 pm

HM2009 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:01 pm
Thank you seagul once again for your help. I am having 2 more questions as I move ahead in the application. It will be much appreciated if you can help me out.

1) Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people? (some documents are in joint name myself and husband (sponsor). so he should sign the part 2 of this form?)

2) Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support? (Is the another person in this question refer to my husband as he is sponsoring me. so he should sign the part 3 as well of this form?)

Form link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you once again.
1. Sponsor will sign sign on consent/declaration # 2
2. Just put N/A as it refers to third party (neither of you).

HM2009
Newly Registered
India

Post by HM2009 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:18 pm

Thank you Seagul for the quick reply. So for the question below, I choose the option "N0" on the application form?

2) Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Thank you for helps so far.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:24 pm

HM2009 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:18 pm
Thank you Seagul for the quick reply. So for the question below, I choose the option "N0" on the application form?

2) Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Thank you for helps so far.
Correct

HM2009
Newly Registered
India

Post by HM2009 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Thank you very much seagul for your helps. Hopefully will submit my application tomorrow, if no more questions come up. Thank you.

HM2009
Newly Registered
India

Post by HM2009 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:01 am

Hi have got 1 more question in regards to correspondence addressed. Should I upload only the first page of the documents (which has name, date and source) or all the pages of the document?

for example. for bank statement which has about 4 pages. but should i upload only the first page which shows name, date and bank name?? or all the 4 pages of the bank statement??

look forward to your reply. thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:18 am

HM2009 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:01 am
Hi have got 1 more question in regards to correspondence addressed. Should I upload only the first page of the documents (which has name, date and source) or all the pages of the document?

for example. for bank statement which has about 4 pages. but should i upload only the first page which shows name, date and bank name?? or all the 4 pages of the bank statement??

Different views but will suggest upload all pages

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:35 pm

HM2009 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:01 am

A document which usually is marked as page 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 without its full pages is classified as redacted and, thus highly likely can be invalidated. Therefore, a document need to be attached in its fullness which won't require any distinctive laborious work given the fact that almost every document now comes in one single file in pdf format.