ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stonelove
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by stonelove » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:37 am

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:44 pm
stonelove wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:46 pm
Hi all am pleased to say my application for ILR has been approved and this is my time line

Applied for ILR Route: Set (M)
Date application sent: 28 May 2020
Type of application: Standard
Payment completed: 28 May 2020
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS: 21/08/2020 at UKVACS Service Centre Sheffield
Email received for eligibility of IDV app use: July opted out
Biometric Submission: 21/08/2020 Sheffield
Decision Received: 21 OCT 2020
BRP Card Received: Waiting

Thanks to all the moderators with all the help, we are one big family and lets keep on going and have faith, I will still contribute to the best of my ability.
Very pleased for you! Congrats 8)
Thanks hopefully all waiting get their decisions soon.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:43 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:39 am
Anyone knows what update Home Office usually provides to MPs in 20 working days once concerns are raised by them to Home Office? I am on 20th working day today since raising it with my MP. Thanks
My MP provided update within 4 days. I had requested my MP to send application to UKVI to expedite my son's ILR (LR case) so that he is considered as Home Student rather than International Student. My MP's caseworker mentioned in an email to me they discussed with UKVI in their surgery (some kind of weekly catchup) and UKVI representative said they can't expedite my son's case because it does not fall under critical category. For UKVI critical category means matter of Life / Death.

nevsito
England

Post by nevsito » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:44 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:17 am
nevsito wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:13 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
Anyone knows what update Home Office usually provides to MPs in 20 working days once concerns are raised by them to Home Office? I am on 20th working day today since raising it with my MP. Thanks
Hi debrancherenzym, in our case when we queried the status of an FLR (M) application after ~6 months, our MP advised us that the decision had been made, no more than that. We got the HO update a couple of days later. Hopefully that helps

Thanks
Thanks for your response, how long did it take for your MP to receive an update from UKVI?
It took about 4 weeks for HO to respond- in line with the response times I'm seeing on the forums here

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:03 pm

nevsito wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:44 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:17 am
nevsito wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:13 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
Hi debrancherenzym, in our case when we queried the status of an FLR (M) application after ~6 months, our MP advised us that the decision had been made, no more than that. We got the HO update a couple of days later. Hopefully that helps

Thanks
Thanks for your response, how long did it take for your MP to receive an update from UKVI?
It took about 4 weeks for HO to respond- in line with the response times I'm seeing on the forums here
Thanks, I'm waiting now so let's see

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Any cover letter samples for a SET(M) application?
What address should I write at the top of the letter?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:39 pm

claraluh wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:25 pm
Any cover letter samples for a SET(M) application?
What address should I write at the top of the letter?
This question is not relevant to this thread. However, there is no template. No address needed. Simply address to “Home Office.”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Sorry about that.

Thanks

NNHidayah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NNHidayah » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:05 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:29 pm
poper wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:55 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:06 am
A more niche question to you.
How long did it take HO to clear out June applications?
It will be interesting to see this trend for July as well when HO move on to August applications.
This will tell us if HO are catching up or mainitaining the 3-4 months lag between application submission to decision
So a caveat with this answer is that the number of June Set (LR) applicants (10 applicants) who have posted on this forum is significantly less than July applicants who have done the same (33 applicants). So the data and subsequent interpretation will be skewed.

Now, that's out the way, so based on what has been posted on this forum for Set (LR):
  • June applications: Average time to decision = 105.2 days. Time taken to clear June applications = 16 days. 1 outlier in the data = Applied on 27th June and received decision on 4th September, taking only 69 days.
  • July applications (latest processed application applied on 27th July): Average time to decision = 90.2 days. Time taken to clear July applications = Pending. 2 outliers in the data, taking 67 days and 42 days (this one was escalated due to family medical emergency).
So there is marked downward trend even with the data skew, which I hope continues :D Handy graph of Set (LR) applications below for reference (includes all applications since March).

Set(LR) Decisions Graph.jpg
I am one of the June applicants. I and my family used IDV app on 4 September. We did a face to face appointment on 6 October. I did send emails requesting faster decision due to health issues that need sorted abroad. But we have not heard anything so far...

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:18 pm

NNHidayah wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:05 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
It will be interesting to see this trend for July as well when HO move on to August applications.
This will tell us if HO are catching up or mainitaining the 3-4 months lag between application submission to decision
So a caveat with this answer is that the number of June Set (LR) applicants (10 applicants) who have posted on this forum is significantly less than July applicants who have done the same (33 applicants). So the data and subsequent interpretation will be skewed.

Now, that's out the way, so based on what has been posted on this forum for Set (LR):
  • June applications: Average time to decision = 105.2 days. Time taken to clear June applications = 16 days. 1 outlier in the data = Applied on 27th June and received decision on 4th September, taking only 69 days.
  • July applications (latest processed application applied on 27th July): Average time to decision = 90.2 days. Time taken to clear July applications = Pending. 2 outliers in the data, taking 67 days and 42 days (this one was escalated due to family medical emergency).
So there is marked downward trend even with the data skew, which I hope continues :D Handy graph of Set (LR) applications below for reference (includes all applications since March).

I am one of the June applicants. I and my family used IDV app on 4 September. We did a face to face appointment on 6 October. I did send emails requesting faster decision due to health issues that need sorted abroad. But we have not heard anything so far...
Have you received any communication stating you have an exceptionally complex case?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:20 pm

NNHidayah wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

Just looked through your previous posts. Looks like you are a Set (O) applicant. My post pertained specifically to Set (LR).
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

NNHidayah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NNHidayah » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:24 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:18 pm
NNHidayah wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:

Have you received any communication stating you have an exceptionally complex case?
No, we never any email regarding complicated case. Only an email from the caseworker requested documents few days after we submitted our application back in June. Yes I am a Set O applicant

shubh17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shubh17 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to this portal, so apologies if this was already answered earlier.

I applied for ILR (I was on sponsored Tier 2) on 4th August. Received IDV app invitation on 4th September. I submitted my documents and Biometrics via the app on 6th September. I have not heard anything after the submission? Has anyone heard a decision who applied around the same timelines?

My wife had applied 1 month earlier and has already received a decision. She applied (again on sponsored Tier 2) on 8th July, IDV app invitation on 31st August and ILR approved on 18th September.

Any views/trends/thoughts would be helpful?

Emp35
United Kingdom

Post by Emp35 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:11 pm

I believe there has been a number cases of people who got decisions around the timeline. Use may want to have a look here: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 31555.html

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:19 pm

NNHidayah wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:24 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:18 pm
NNHidayah wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

No, we never any email regarding complicated case. Only an email from the caseworker requested documents few days after we submitted our application back in June. Yes I am a Set O applicant
Just to chime in that I'm exactly in the same situation. June Tier 2 to ILR applicant, I was asked after a week by caseworker to provide documents, IDV in August, did face to face biometrics also in September.

Total ghosting from Hostile Office. No complex case email, no replies to my emails. I have also sent emails to my MP and the inspector but no result has come out of that either yet.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:23 pm

shubh17 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:21 pm
Hi everyone,

I am new to this portal, so apologies if this was already answered earlier.

I applied for ILR (I was on sponsored Tier 2) on 4th August. Received IDV app invitation on 4th September. I submitted my documents and Biometrics via the app on 6th September. I have not heard anything after the submission? Has anyone heard a decision who applied around the same timelines?

My wife had applied 1 month earlier and has already received a decision. She applied (again on sponsored Tier 2) on 8th July, IDV app invitation on 31st August and ILR approved on 18th September.

Any views/trends/thoughts would be helpful?
According to SET(O) T2 G reported in this forum. The HO is currently assessing September and October applicants with few applicants from July and August mainly who have submitted via IDV only. There might also be applicants waiting from May, June.... in this category.

ranianus
Newly Registered

Post by ranianus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:56 pm

I applied with my husband through the tier 1 entrepreneur to ILR set(0) Category on June 8th and opted out of reuse biometrics. We enrolled in London on 28th August. The caseworker emailed through our solicitors asking for documents on 17 September and we submitted the required documents on 29th September. We have heard nothing since then!The wait and the panic continues especially when I read applicants getting approval who applied way after us!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:59 pm

ranianus wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:56 pm
I applied with my husband through the tier 1 entrepreneur to ILR set(0) Category on June 8th and opted out of reuse biometrics. We enrolled in London on 28th August. The caseworker emailed through our solicitors asking for documents on 17 September and we submitted the required documents on 29th September. We have heard nothing since then!The wait and the panic continues especially when I read applicants getting approval who applied way after us!
Tier 1 Entrepreneur is a complex route. You should not compare this route with other routes. Even pre-covid, Tier 1 Ent took around 6 months to process in majority cases.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ranianus
Newly Registered

Post by ranianus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:07 pm

Yes I know but it’s still very frustrating !!!

anandgarg
Newly Registered
India

Post by anandgarg » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:58 pm

Can anyone let me know if HO always send BRP tracking email? I dont want to loose my BRP or should I call FedEx to enquire about my delivery?

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:04 am

[/quote]

According to SET(O) T2 G reported in this forum. The HO is currently assessing September and October applicants with few applicants from July and August mainly who have submitted via IDV only. There might also be applicants waiting from May, June.... in this category.
[/quote]

Any view on when they will come to a decision on Sept IDV only submissions? I submitted Set(O) T2G on IDV only on 23rd Sept just before they closed IDV and made all biometrics in person submissions. Thinking of going in for in person appointment since those who submitted later without IDV seem to be getting decisions. Many thanks in advance for replies/Opinions or advice

Bengalthecat
Newly Registered
China

Post by Bengalthecat » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:19 am

Hi all,

I have submitted my ILR via tier 2 set(o) on 1st Aug, done IDV on 5th Sep, received the over 6 month delay email, no dual submission in person.
I’ve just received a new job offer that I really want to take but that means I need to change employer. I was hoping if I do a dual submission in person I might get a quicker answer just in time for enrolling to the new job but been reading in the forum seems turnaround time for dual submission now could be long and could have the risk of reset the current process, plus only available slot I see in London is early November.. Is my only option to withdraw my ILR application and re-apply new tier 2 to change employer, that means wasting money and time waited.. :cry: Could anyone share advise? Thanks in advance!

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 am

Toxic wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:12 am
Toxic wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am
@toxic
dont tink they r actually going in any order. My application was submitted in april and still not heard bk from them.
Your 6 months are over today. Contact UKVI today and wait for a week. If you do not hear anything consider contacting your local MP.
I will do.
thanks
Just an update on my timeline.
I contacted home office after my 6 months and they said that they will update me in 10 working days.
a week later I contacted my local mp through email and they have escalated my application to the home office but mp advised that home office usually has a time frame of 20 to 25 working days to reply. So lets wait and see.
Hi Guys,
Quick update on my application. I received my successful decision yesterday through email.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:57 am

Toxic wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 am
Toxic wrote:
Toxic wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am
@toxic

Your 6 months are over today. Contact UKVI today and wait for a week. If you do not hear anything consider contacting your local MP.
I will do.
thanks
I contacted home office after my 6 months and they said that they will update me in 10 working days.
a week later I contacted my local mp through email and they have escalated my application to the home office but mp advised that home office usually has a time frame of 20 to 25 working days to reply. So lets wait and see.
Hi Guys,
Quick update on my application. I received my successful decision yesterday through email.
Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳 That is a long wait, 6 months and 10 days.

ranianus
Newly Registered

Post by ranianus » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:13 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:59 pm
ranianus wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:56 pm
Tier 1 Entrepreneur is a complex route. You should not compare this route with other routes. Even pre-covid, Tier 1 Ent took around 6 months to process in majority cases.
We just got a call from our solicitors that our ILR has been approved. Thank God. Ten years in this country for myself first as a Primary Carer for our EEA minor children and then on an entrepreneur dependant Visa for five more years. So much money paid to solicitors. I will use definitely use this forum to get us naturalisation in one year inshallah. No more solicitor fees. 🙏🌹💐

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:32 am

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:57 am
Toxic wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 am
Toxic wrote:
Toxic wrote:

I will do.
thanks
Hi Guys,
Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳 That is a long wait, 6 months and 10 days.
Thanks. yes, it was a long wait indeed. I persisted with not doing a dual submission (idv and in person) and eventually, it came through.