ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born outside UK - possibility to register as British

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rmawan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Child born outside UK - possibility to register as British

Post by Rmawan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:00 am

I have recently received my 1st British Passport but my wife is still PBS Dependent and so are my two children. My youngest child has already citizenship as she was born in the UK.
Is there any possibility for me to apply for my two children's naturalisation who are PBS dependents, on Discretionary bases. Both the children have been living in the UK for more than 3 years now and both are under 18. I am concerned as my wife hasn't got ILR yet and I have my application already approved.
Can anybody here who has been in similar situation please share their experience? I do want to apply ASAP.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born outside UK - possibility to register as British

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:18 pm

Your children born abroad require ilr before they can be registered as British.

They must apply for ilr with your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ramkada
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramkada » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:47 pm

There is way under Section 3(1) - home office discretion, home office may consider the Naturalisation application for kids born outside the UK, if the below conditions met along with other Naturalisation rules
1. One of the parent having British Passport or applied for Naturalisation
2. other parent should be settled in UK (i.e., ILR)
3. Clear vision to settle down in the UK i.e., making UK as your first home.

I have recently applied in this category and the application was successful. Couple of my friends applied couple of years back and they were successful too.

a--R
United Kingdom

Post by a--R » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 pm

hi ramkada

Would you able to share supporting letter you have used for your child for section 3(1) application pls?
I am in similar situation and it would help everyone to understand this further?

Family situation:

1) Husband British , WIFE received approval letter for naturalisation (awaiting ceremony) , joint with mortgage and Business registered in UK.
2) One UK born Sibling is British
3) One Child born abroad currently 9 years and i am considering to apply direct for registering as british citizen for child under 3(1)

Thanks

ramkada
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramkada » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:21 am

There is no special letter required. There is a question related setting UK as your first home, just select Yes.

a--R
United Kingdom

Post by a--R » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:15 am

Hi ramkada

How did you proof circumstances outweigh the expectation that the
child be free of restrictions? i assume you must have attached letter with application with your reasons?
Also strong compelling compassionate circumstances ?

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

ramkada
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramkada » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi - we have not attached any special letter as such. We were living in UK more than 5 years continuously without leaving UK apart from holidays (20-30 days in a year). I believe as long as they think you are going to settle in UK, they would consider under section 3(1), if one parent holding Citizenship and the other parent holding the settlement visa (i.e., ILR). Hope that helps.

Rmawan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rmawan » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:29 am

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply. Is it possible if I send ILR application for my wife and send naturalisation application for my children at the same time instead of their ILR application? Or do they have to have ILR before they apply for naturalisation? Thank you for your help!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:37 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:18 pm
Your children born abroad require ilr before they can be registered as British.

They must apply for ilr with your spouse.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.