ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Civil marriage in Pakistan and spouse visa to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mungo
Newly Registered

Civil marriage in Pakistan and spouse visa to UK

Post by Mungo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:06 am

Hi - I am a UK citizen living in Pakistan and want to marry my Pakistani partner before we both go to the UK to live. I am christian and he is Muslim. Is it better to marry in Pakistan before applying for his visa?

rafzaf4eva

Post by rafzaf4eva » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:08 pm

YES YOU SHOULD MARRY IN PAKISTAN THEN YOU WILL HAVE ALL THE PROOFS YOU NEED OR IF YOU WANT YOU CAN APPLY FOR A FIANCE VISA FROM UK ON THE BASIS THAT YOU INTEND TO MARRY IN 6 MONTHS TIME.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Mungo
Newly Registered

Civil marriage in pakistan

Post by Mungo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:23 am

OK so does anyone know what we need to do to get married in Pakistan? I'm not a Muslim so can't do an islamic marriage. Anyone know about civil marriage here? - I'm a british citizen and my fiance is pakistani

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:57 am

See also Marriage (15.12 Pakistan) and 13.10 - Validity of marriages.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mungo
Newly Registered

using an agency?

Post by Mungo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:06 am

Thanks for the advice so far - does anyone know whether its simple to do the immigration stuff ourselves or is it better to use an agency? We don't want to get it wrong!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.