ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching visa advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sreesp
Newly Registered
India

Switching visa advice

Post by Sreesp » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:56 pm

I would be grateful if anyone could help me to understand the ILR dependent visa routes, please?

My spouse and I have been holding Tier2 general visa, but due to covid crises I lost my job after that I applied for switch tier2 dependent visa of my spouse on last June and waiting for the decision!

However, my spouse is eligible to apply ILR, and I would be pleased if anyone could help me to know which visa route, I have to apply to be ILR dependent? Do I need to apply for tier2 dependent visa again until I have been five years of my dependent visa route or I have to apply for a family visa?

Additionally, if there is any problem if my spouse is applying ILR before getting the decision of my current application in the home office?

I hope I will get a favourable replay and thank you!

Sreesp
Newly Registered
India

Re: Finaly confirmation before I proceed to submit the ILR application

Post by Sreesp » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:11 pm

Sorry I did not know that I was doing something wrong. I thought it would be the correct place to get some help.

please accept my sincere sorry,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR dependent visa routes

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:17 pm

Sreesp wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:56 pm
I would be grateful if anyone could help me to understand the ILR dependent visa routes, please?

My spouse and I have been holding Tier2 general visa, but due to covid crises I lost my job after that I applied for switch tier2 dependent visa of my spouse on last June and waiting for the decision!

However, my spouse is eligible to apply ILR, and I would be pleased if anyone could help me to know which visa route, I have to apply to be ILR dependent? Do I need to apply for tier2 dependent visa again until I have been five years of my dependent visa route or I have to apply for a family visa?

Additionally, if there is any problem if my spouse is applying ILR before getting the decision of my current application in the home office?

I hope I will get a favourable replay and thank you!
If I understood correct, you mean you and your spouse both were on Tier 2 General. You lost your job and then switched to Tier 2 dependent where your spouse is the main Tier 2 General sponsor?

Your spouse can apply for ILR when he/she qualifies. You will have to complete 5 years on Tier 2 Dependent Visa now. You can not combine your own Tier 2 G time with Tier 2 Dep time. However, you maybe able to apply earlier for ILR via Long Residence, if you fulfil 10 years lawful residence and meet the requirements.

PS: As long your spouse is applying for ILR via Tier 2 G route and not Long Residence, you will continue to stay on Tier 2 Dependent visa. You should wait to hear back first. For now, you do not have to do anything for yourself.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Finaly confirmation before I proceed to submit the ILR application

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:46 pm

I think you can only switch to Tier 2 dependent if you get a decision BEFORE your spouse applies for ILR.
Since your initial Tier 2 Dep visa is still outstanding, in case your spouse applies for ILR, you may have to switch to family route.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Mods: Please split the post to OP’s topic. Thanks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sreesp
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching visa advice

Post by Sreesp » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:22 am

Thank you @Cullinan, I really appreciate your time and consideration for helping me with answers,

Yes, we both were on tier2 general, and I made an application for tier2 dept last June due to sponsorship withdrawn,

My initial thought was to wait until I have the home office decision on pending tier2 dept application, Although, I heard that from next year January 2021 onward all visa routes may change. Perhaps, the home office introduces Australian style point system; therefore, I am not sure whether it brings any significant impacts making ILR applications after Jan2021, In case, I have not got the tier2 dept decision before the end of Dec2020.

Also, it would be great if I were able to know the key differences between tier2 depended and Family visa.

Once again thank you for all your help, and I am so sorry if anyone is thinking that I am blocking their questions, I have added a new post here ( indefinite-leave-to-remain/re-the-ilr-d ... 07904.html ), please take a few moments to reply there, so that people who are all here can continue where they left.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:31 am

Sreesp
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreesp » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:01 am

Thank you, Cullinan!