ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British registration of UK born child of one parent ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British registration of UK born child of one parent ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:49 pm

The child can return to UK as long the Tier 2G BRP is valid.

Normally the assumption is that “ILR BRP” is invalid after one becomes British. Since the child does not have ILR-BRP, child can use the Tier 2G BRP to return to UK before BRP expiry.

PS: An adult becomes British when he/she attends the ceremony. But a child becomes British from the date on certificate of registration as child does not attend any ceremony.

PS: Once the child applies for BP, ORIGINAL certificate and ORIGINAL foreign passport will be sent to HMPO so obviously can not travel then till a BP is issued.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... ertificate
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:59 pm

Thanks a lot @Cullinan!!!!!

As you have might have done in your case, can you please help me what original documents that you have to send along for Child's first BRitish passport ?
I searched through the forum and internet but there are several different answers/opinions. As we have to send original docs I rather trust you than any other info :D

At the end of the application, it only asks me this 3:
Applicant’s documents, Send the following:
- naturalisation or registration certificate
- any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled
- any court orders (for example that describe parental responsibility or residency arrangements)

It doesn't asks for Mother's ILR BRP or Parent's passport or Child Birth Certificate ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:22 pm

That is correct. You only need:

Child’s original Certificate of registration as BC.
Original foreign passport.
Child’s UK original Birth Certificate to show parental responsibility.

Send via special delievery recorded and also pay £5 extra for secure return when you apply.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:04 pm

See guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport ... d-passport

https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-onl ... pplication

Note: Apply ONLINE, do NOT apply by post.

You will need a digital photo for your child.

Before you will apply online, you will have to arrange someone to confirm your child’s identity online (see guidance above). Online application is pretty efficient and simple. You will be able to track it at every stage.

Once the child’s identity is confirmed online, you will post the documents as per HMPO’s address generated at the end of online application.
Send via Special Delivery and pay for £5 extra for secure return.

Child’s documents needed ALL originals posted to HMPO:
1) Certificate of registration
2) Foreign passport
3) UK Birth Certificate

Steps:
1) Apply online and pay. £49 plus £5 secure return.
2) Ask someone to confirm child’s identity online.
3) Post documents to HMPO.

PS When application is successful. Original Documents will be returned in a separate envelope and British passport will come separately. Sometimes both parcels come on the same day or could be different days.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:54 pm

Hiii Gurus,
Do we need to send 1) copy of application form and 2) cover letter when applying for kids first passport post registration ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 pm

1. No.

2. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:14 am

Hi

I just read that if child ILR BRP is not returned within 5 days there is a penalty of £1000, is that still strict?

We went to our Home country for an emergency in December (haven't received child registration until that time) and then due to UK lockdown & flights cancellation could only come on 8 Feb when we saw the letter (dated 29 Dec). We can only post the cut BRP back after 10 day of self isolation. Will there be any penalty ?

Thanks again !!