ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Toxic
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Toxic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:33 am

ranianus wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:13 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:59 pm
ranianus wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:56 pm
I applied with my husband through the tier 1 entrepreneur to ILR set(0) Category on June 8th and opted out of reuse biometrics. We enrolled in London on 28th August. The caseworker emailed through our solicitors asking for documents on 17 September and we submitted the required documents on 29th September. We have heard nothing since then!The wait and the panic continues especially when I read applicants getting approval who applied way after us!
Tier 1 Entrepreneur is a complex route. You should not compare this route with other routes. Even pre-covid, Tier 1 Ent took around 6 months to process in majority cases.
We just got a call from our solicitors that our ILR has been approved. Thank God. Ten years in this country for myself first as a Primary Carer for our EEA minor children and then on an entrepreneur dependant Visa for five more years. So much money paid to solicitors. I will use definitely use this forum to get us naturalisation in one year inshallah. No more solicitor fees. 🙏🌹💐
Congratulations!!

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:24 am

Toxic wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 am
Toxic wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:12 am
Toxic wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am
@toxic

Your 6 months are over today. Contact UKVI today and wait for a week. If you do not hear anything consider contacting your local MP.
I will do.
thanks
Just an update on my timeline.
I contacted home office after my 6 months and they said that they will update me in 10 working days.
a week later I contacted my local mp through email and they have escalated my application to the home office but mp advised that home office usually has a time frame of 20 to 25 working days to reply. So lets wait and see.
Hi Guys,
Quick update on my application. I received my successful decision yesterday through email.
@ Toxic Congrats.

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:28 am

Bengalthecat wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:19 am
Hi all,

I have submitted my ILR via tier 2 set(o) on 1st Aug, done IDV on 5th Sep, received the over 6 month delay email, no dual submission in person.
I’ve just received a new job offer that I really want to take but that means I need to change employer. I was hoping if I do a dual submission in person I might get a quicker answer just in time for enrolling to the new job but been reading in the forum seems turnaround time for dual submission now could be long and could have the risk of reset the current process, plus only available slot I see in London is early November.. Is my only option to withdraw my ILR application and re-apply new tier 2 to change employer, that means wasting money and time waited.. :cry: Could anyone share advise? Thanks in advance!
Dual submissions are not allowed currently and it delays the application process, I will say persevere and wait for you ILR and the after look for a new job though this will not be guaranteed, however if you are to reapply for a new Tier 2 application bear in mind you rejoin the waiting que and there is no guarantee that a decision will be made quickly as you have been waiting for 2 months already on ILR route.

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:48 am

Toxic wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 am
Toxic wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:12 am
Toxic wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am
@toxic

Your 6 months are over today. Contact UKVI today and wait for a week. If you do not hear anything consider contacting your local MP.
I will do.
thanks
Just an update on my timeline.
I contacted home office after my 6 months and they said that they will update me in 10 working days.
a week later I contacted my local mp through email and they have escalated my application to the home office but mp advised that home office usually has a time frame of 20 to 25 working days to reply. So lets wait and see.
Hi Guys,
Quick update on my application. I received my successful decision yesterday through email.

Congrats mate

ukresident001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ukresident001 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:23 pm

I received my BRP this morning after complaining 4 times and escalating to the BRP depot manager.
However, I didnot get any instructions to cut the old BRP and send it back to HO, Can some one please advise?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:51 pm

ukresident001 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:23 pm
I received my BRP this morning after complaining 4 times and escalating to the BRP depot manager.
However, I didnot get any instructions to cut the old BRP and send it back to HO, Can some one please advise?
You will need to cut the old BRP and send it back.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:35 pm

ukresident001 wrote:
The instructions should be on your pdf which they sent through with ur decision

MKT
Newly Registered
India

Post by MKT » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 pm

ukresident001 wrote:
Can you please provide the email address of BRP depot manager?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 pm

MKT wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 pm
ukresident001 wrote:
Can you please provide the email address of BRP depot manager?
You are of course assuming the depot is the same for everyone, which it is not. The relevant depot depends on your postcode.

Also, of the depot managers email is a named emailed address, it is NOT permitted to be posted
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Few LR cases who submitted their ILR (LR) application on 1st and 2nd Aug got their ILR approval today.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:23 pm

gyanp wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:21 pm
Few LR cases who submitted their ILR (LR) application on 1st and 2nd Aug got their ILR approval today.
Where have you seen this, please? Nothing on the Set (LR) timeline thread...latest is 29th July on there.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

mumofmini
United Kingdom

Post by mumofmini » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm

My partner's application date is 4th August and has not received any decision yet. Hopefully by next weekend!

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:30 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm
My partner's application date is 4th August and has not received any decision yet. Hopefully by next weekend!
I applied on the 1st of August and haven't had anything. But I am hopeful either next week or week after I will get a good news.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:41 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:23 pm
gyanp wrote:
Where have you seen this, please? Nothing on the Set (LR) timeline thread...latest is 29th July on there.
They are not on immigrationboard, my solicitor told me. These are his cases. I just wanted to update all of you. It looks like HO is making good progress on LR cases.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:15 pm

gyanp wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:41 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
gyanp wrote:
They are not on immigrationboard, my solicitor told me. These are his cases. I just wanted to update all of you. It looks like HO is making good progress on LR cases.
I did gather. Thank you for the update! :D
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:16 pm

srsw wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:53 pm
post by srsw » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:53 pm

I've looked at the ukvcas FAQ & they say only applicants should attend the appointment & not bring children if they are not part of the application.

It's very likely that I'll have to take kids to appointment as both parents (me & my partner) need to give biometrics.

Did anyone take kids even if they are not on the application & did they allow?

Edit: was supposed to post in ILR forum. Apologies. Can Moderators move this to ILR forum pls?
I think you are fine. Many took children with them. There should not be any issues.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

arethere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arethere » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:55 am

My friend was asking how long after change in the right to work information do people typically receive the approval email?

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:37 am

gyanp wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
gyanp wrote:
I applied on 26th July set LR but not yet received any email. Is there anyone else who applied in July and still waiting for the decisions?

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:45 am

arethere wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:55 am
My friend was asking how long after change in the right to work information do people typically receive the approval email?
I'm trying to check my right to work status via the following link

https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/prove/id-question

I tried the last option and it didn't work for me as my BRP has expired. I tried the first but it says details doesn't match. Can anyone tell me what does that mean when people say that right to work details change prior to approval. Where and how to check this?

arethere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arethere » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:02 am

Amy_R88 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:45 am
arethere wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:55 am
I'm trying to check my right to work status via the following link

https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/prove/id-question

I tried the last option and it didn't work for me as my BRP has expired. I tried the first but it says details doesn't match. Can anyone tell me what does that mean when people say that right to work details change prior to approval. Where and how to check this?
I am not aware of how it works when your visa expires. However, the link you provided is correct - work status is supposed to change from "visa expiry date" to "there is no limit to which you can work" or wordings to that effect.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:52 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:16 pm
srsw wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:53 pm
post by srsw » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:53 pm

I've looked at the ukvcas FAQ & they say only applicants should attend the appointment & not bring children if they are not part of the application.

It's very likely that I'll have to take kids to appointment as both parents (me & my partner) need to give biometrics.

Did anyone take kids even if they are not on the application & did they allow?

Edit: was supposed to post in ILR forum. Apologies. Can Moderators move this to ILR forum pls?
I think you are fine. Many took children with them. There should not be any issues.
Thanks Cullinan.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 am

Amy_R88 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:37 am
gyanp wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
gyanp wrote:
I applied on 26th July set LR but not yet received any email. Is there anyone else who applied in July and still waiting for the decisions?
Yes same over here! I applied 27th July Set LR too- and no email yet! Still waiting

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:28 am

:? :?
So I just discovered that I sent a wrong copy of my BRP for ILR (set LR) application. I have done biometric in person and also paid for the document check service but the not-very-useful document check didn’t pick up the fact that my BRP was expired.

Anyone in this situation before? or not but could shed some lights, please?

Mistake is on my side since I uploaded the expired BRP rather than the most current one which is good for another year but I’m very panicking now with the prospect of losing all the app money :shock: and also because my documents has left UKCAS (done my bio) so no point calling them and UKVI will be saying nothing they can change while application is under consideration...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:35 am

Anotherhustler4vis wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:28 am
So I just discovered that I sent a wrong copy of my BRP for ILR (set LR) application. I have done biometric in person and also paid for the document check service but the not-very-useful document check didn’t pick up the fact that my BRP was expired.

Anyone in this situation before? or not but could shed some lights?

Mistake is on my side since I uploaded the expired BRP rather than the most current one which is good for another year but I’m very panicking now because my documents has left UKCAS (done my bio) so no point calling them and UKVI will be saying nothing they can change while application is under consideration...
The online application asks to input BRP details in the online form also? Did you mention the correct one there?

You can add a cover letter and a COPY of your current BRP and send to HO via email/post.

SET(LR) applicants can help you with the address or email (?)....Can recent SET(LR) who received decision mention the address off their approval letter??

otherwise just use the following address.

Mention your Case ID/UAN and your post will be sent to the relevant department anyways.

SET(LR)
UKVI
PO BOX 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:40 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:35 am
Anotherhustler4vis wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:28 am

Anyone in this situation before? or not but could shed some lights?

Mistake is on my side since I uploaded the expired BRP rather than the most current one which is good for another year but I’m very panicking now because my documents has left UKCAS (done my bio) so no point calling them and UKVI will be saying nothing they can change while application is under consideration...
The online application asks to input BRP details in the online form also? Did you mention the correct one there?

You can add a cover letter and a COPY of your current BRP and send to HO via email/post.

SET(LR) applicants can help you with the address or email (?)....Can recent SET(LR) who received decision mention the address off their approval letter??

otherwise just use the following address.

Mention your Case ID/UAN and your post will be sent to the relevant department anyways.

SET(LR)
UKVI
PO BOX 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Big thank you! I will write to this address and if someone could share set LR email will definitely email them on the spot! And yes, I have just checked my complete form, thanks God I put down the current BRP details.

Thanks again for your quick reply @CULLINAN