ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of letter confirming employment finance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Adnan20161993
United Kingdom

Refusal of letter confirming employment finance

Post by Adnan20161993 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:17 am

Hello. I really hope someone can help me.
I have my appointment at a ukvcas service on the 27th of this month. I am working through an agency and they have agreed to write me a letter of employment start date but they are refusing to write how much I have been paid so far (I cannot wrote an annual amount ad my pay varies) they are saying they cannot write any figure as they are not allowed and to call payroll. I called payroll and they are completely refusing saying I have my payslips as proof and my bank statements. I tried saying they also require a letter to confirm how much I have earned in the employment but they are completely refusing. I have been on hmrc chat and they said they can only supply records once p45 has been obtained. I have taken screenshots of that online conversation and will take that with me to my Tuesday appointment too. Please can someone advice me on what to do as so far I only have a letter to confirm employment not confirm pay

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Refusal of letter confirming employment finance

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:52 pm

Adnan20161993 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:17 am
Hello. I really hope someone can help me.
I have my appointment at a ukvcas service on the 27th of this month. I am working through an agency and they have agreed to write me a letter of employment start date but they are refusing to write how much I have been paid so far (I cannot wrote an annual amount ad my pay varies) they are saying they cannot write any figure as they are not allowed and to call payroll. I called payroll and they are completely refusing saying I have my payslips as proof and my bank statements. I tried saying they also require a letter to confirm how much I have earned in the employment but they are completely refusing. I have been on hmrc chat and they said they can only supply records once p45 has been obtained. I have taken screenshots of that online conversation and will take that with me to my Tuesday appointment too. Please can someone advice me on what to do as so far I only have a letter to confirm employment not confirm pay
That has become a sheer norm where if you are employed on a zero hour contract or without any base salary then aren't given even the total of your income earned to date. From hindsight, the reason behind this approach is actually an entrenched misconception as if by doing so you are guaranteeing any new contract, which isn't correct at all. Anyways what you can do is re-approach the payroll or any competent person for simply adding a line in same employer letter that providing any information about the income figure is against their policy.
Also note, that this letter won't be needed/asked by UKVCAS rather only a requirement of UKVI. Most importantly, this letter must have been dated no earlier than 28 days from the date of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Adnan20161993
United Kingdom

Post by Adnan20161993 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Oh thank you so much for your reply. Based on your reply I got a letter to say it is against their policy to state an exact figure of how much I have earned but they can confirm the 12 payslips I have are accurate and have been signed to say they are genuine payslips. Do you think this would be sufficient? Also please if you could help me with one other thing. I have an appointment on Tuesday. But when I log into ukvcas it says to upload the documents 48 hours before the appointment. I thought they would upload them at the appointment which is why I booked it, so do I need to upload before myself too?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:22 pm

Adnan20161993 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:10 pm
Oh thank you so much for your reply. Based on your reply I got a letter to say it is against their policy to state an exact figure of how much I have earned but they can confirm the 12 payslips I have are accurate and have been signed to say they are genuine payslips. Do you think this would be sufficient?
Yes it would be acceptable. In addition of this, you should add your own covering letter too, expounding all of the calculations to cover the absence of this crucial bit (annual income).
Adnan20161993 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:10 pm
Also please if you could help me with one other thing. I have an appointment on Tuesday. But when I log into ukvcas it says to upload the documents 48 hours before the appointment. I thought they would upload them at the appointment which is why I booked it, so do I need to upload before myself too?
Just upload it and take it in original on the day of appointment so that it would be rescanned in case of it not being scanned in first attempt.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Upload them yourself. Then at the appointment, they confirm if they are on the system otherwise they scan them again and upload them for you. The passport, they always scan and upload even when you do it yourself already.

Adnan20161993
United Kingdom

Post by Adnan20161993 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:40 pm

Thank you so much to both of you for your replies. I will try to upload all the documents myself and then on the day we can check over this.
We also added in that my wife has just recently bought a property (19th of August was completion date) and added it into the form that she has economic ties due to this. However we requested a Lang register title form and it still says previous owner. We called land registry and they said because of corona it is still in the process and they cannot guarantee when this would be complete. Our appointment is on Tuesday so we was thinking of adding all of our solicitor letters, our bank letters to show mortgage approval and to highlight bank statements to show 2 monthly payments have came out and explain on a letter that we cannot provide land registry deed of title as it has not completed as it is still fairly new. Do you think this should be ok or is there anything else you recommend I add with this?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:20 am

Adnan20161993 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:40 pm
Our appointment is on Tuesday so we was thinking of adding all of our solicitor letters, our bank letters to show mortgage approval and to highlight bank statements to show 2 monthly payments have came out and explain on a letter that we cannot provide land registry deed of title as it has not completed as it is still fairly new. Do you think this should be ok or is there anything else you recommend I add with this?
All above you said and will implement is absolutely fine. Hopefully, they wont need the title register after the insertion of the above alternative document, however, if they will, then they will ask it later and by then you would definitely have received it.

Adnan20161993
United Kingdom

Post by Adnan20161993 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:15 am

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me.
I applied for my visa extension at the beginning of the month, I gave my fingerprints and appointment upload yesterday. My biometric card shows as expired. I have been told by my workplace that this is expired and they will not pay me until I show them the new updated biometrics card. I told them although expired I still have right to stay in the country because I applied before it got expired and it will take time for new card to come. I showed them that I paid for my fees and health surcharge but they want official proof of biometric. Please can anyone guide me on how I can get official letter or something so I get paid?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:34 pm

Adnan20161993 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:15 am
Hi just wondering if anyone can help me.
I applied for my visa extension at the beginning of the month, I gave my fingerprints and appointment upload yesterday. My biometric card shows as expired. I have been told by my workplace that this is expired and they will not pay me until I show them the new updated biometrics card. I told them although expired I still have right to stay in the country because I applied before it got expired and it will take time for new card to come. I showed them that I paid for my fees and health surcharge but they want official proof of biometric. Please can anyone guide me on how I can get official letter or something so I get paid?
Request them to liaise with UKVI for positive ECS:
https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

Also refer them to section 3C in the meanwhile:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-3d-leave