ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr to naturalization when separated

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Ilr to naturalization when separated

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:28 am

Yes as long the veterinarian is above 25 also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Pikapika
Peru

Post by Pikapika » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:23 pm

Thank you, CULLINAN. :lol: :wink:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:03 pm

Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Ask all your questions in your own topic, this one!

Your tagged post has been removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pikapika
Peru

Post by Pikapika » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:08 pm

Sorry, CULLINAN :oops: :oops:
Was trying to be more specific with question topics, sorry!

My question was: in the part “have you made any previous UK immigration applications In the UK or abroad” am I required to list all the applications I made?
In my case they were a Spouse visa, FLR, ILR.

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:17 pm

Pikapika wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:08 pm
Sorry, CULLINAN :oops: :oops:
Was trying to be more specific with question topics, sorry!

My question was: in the part “have you made any previous UK immigration applications In the UK or abroad” am I required to list all the applications I made?
In my case they were a Spouse visa, FLR, ILR.

Thank you
Yes ALL UK immigration applications.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Pikapika
Peru

Post by Pikapika » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:32 am

Thanks CULLINAN 8)

Pikapika
Peru

Post by Pikapika » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:45 pm

Hi guys, just a question regarding the main topic of this thread...

So I filled in his name and address. Really, so far there were only a few questions about my husband: his DOB, full name, address and our marriage date and place.

I assume that I still need to provide with Marriage date and place details but not provide with his passport and our marriage certificate and then act as I was advised earlier in this topic..?

Thanks again! ❤️

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:47 pm
Last question, as it looks like opinions have divided.. when I start the application, the system offers to choose your status. I am still legally married, so I tick married. What do I do about the spouse details then? Do I leave it blank? (i cant really if I tick “married” (plus I can’t go further without filling them).. If I fill his details, the system will automatically generate spouse passport copy and marriage certificate (6.2)... so here we are, still going with route 6.2

I mean how do married people who are separated go with section 6.1 when filling the application
Yes. Does your husband have dual nationality? Just to keep things simple, mention his other nationality only in the online form so the checklist generated is accurate. Mention his British Citizenship in the cover letter.
Also, mention you want your application to be considered via Section 6(1). As long you meet all requirements as per Section 6(1), your husband’s status or documents are meaningless.

If he does not have dual nationality, carry on with British Citizen. Ignore the checklist. You do not need his passport or marriage certificate if you apply via Section 6(1). Just clarify that in the cover letter.

Application via Section 6(1):

Minimum 1 year settled status.

You need to have 5 years of residence.
Not more than 450 days outside UK in the last 5 years.
Not more then 90 days outside UK in the last 1 year.
Must be physically present in UK at the start of the 5 year qualifying period i.e. if you apply on 5/10/20, you must be present in UK on 6/10/15.

Meet English Requirements and LIUK.

Meet good character requirements.

As long you meet all the above on your own, you do not need your husband’s documents for your application.

Pikapika
Peru

Post by Pikapika » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:26 pm

Thanks, dear CULLINAN.
I guess Ill fill in the required details about marriage place/date and will not include them in the application As discussed earlier

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:34 pm

Pikapika wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:26 pm
Thanks, dear CULLINAN.
I guess Ill fill in the required details about marriage place/date and will not include them in the application As discussed earlier
Yes. But as I said previously, clarify in the cover letter because as soon you will input your husband’s British Citizenship, the checklist will demand his passport copy and marriage certificate. You have to tell Case Worker that you want your application to be considered as per Section 6(1), otherwise he will be going by the checklist.

Pikapika
Peru

Post by Pikapika » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:29 am

Thank you, dear CULLINAN