ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:42 am

@anotherhustler4vis

Wait for any SET(LR) applicant to confirm the address first. If no one confirms, just use the above address. It will be forwarded to the correct department anyways. There have been some SET(LR) approvals in recent days. The address must be on the approval letter. Maybe @Ajitu92 would know the address/email??

PS: Since you are required to send your immigration status proof also, I would urge you to definitely post the copy with recorded delivery tomorrow.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:42 am
@anotherhustler4vis

Wait for any SET(LR) applicant to confirm the address first. If no one confirms, just use the above address. It will be forwarded to the correct department anyways. There have been some SET(LR) approvals in recent days. The address must be on the approval letter. Maybe @Ajitu92 would know the address/email??

PS: Since you are required to send your immigration status proof also, I would urge you to definitely post the copy with recorded delivery tomorrow.
Certainly, will do @CULLINAN. Really appreciate it !

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:57 pm

Apologies, I do not have the address or email, but the address should be on the recent approval letters as @CULLINAN stated, so applicants who recently received Set (LR) approval should be able to confirm.

Also, I agree with the approach @CULLINAN has stated, best to be proactive and do whatever you can to rectify the error. To help put your mind at ease though, UKVI have all your history/status as well as your BRP numbers. It is quite evident that this is an error, and they usually contact you (via email) asking you for any missing/incomplete documents if they need. But better to be proactive and not just leave it up to them/to chance.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:01 pm

Also for Set(LR) applicants who applied around the 26th/27th July, don't stress. If the pattern and statistics are to be relied on, your decision is imminent
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:01 pm

I am sure someone who recently got SET(LR) approval will confirm the address off their approval letter.
Having said that, as long you quote your UAN/Case ID and your post reaches any UKVI location, it will be forwarded to the correct location/department to your case worker via HO internal mail.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

radiogaga
Newly Registered

Post by radiogaga » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi,

I had a biometric-enrolment appointment with UKVCAS about a week ago. However, when I log in to the UKVCAS website, I still see a "Manage your services" button with an option to cancel my (past!) appointment; an option to upload more documents; etc. (Although all the other documents I'd uploaded previously now show as "submitted"). Is this normal?? Just want to try to convince myself that UKVCAS actually submitted my application to UKVI, as there is no indication of this via email/the website/etc.

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:50 pm

radiogaga wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:49 pm
Hi,

I had a biometric-enrolment appointment with UKVCAS about a week ago. However, when I log in to the UKVCAS website, I still see a "Manage your services" button with an option to cancel my (past!) appointment; an option to upload more documents; etc. (Although all the other documents I'd uploaded previously now show as "submitted"). Is this normal?? Just want to try to convince myself that UKVCAS actually submitted my application to UKVI, as there is no indication of this via email/the website/etc.

Thanks!
It is normal. Best not to play with the UKVCAS account. Your application is submitted. No confirmation is sent.

radiogaga
Newly Registered

Post by radiogaga » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:53 pm

Whew, ok, thanks! That's good to know.

Anotherhustler4vis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Anotherhustler4vis » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:54 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:57 pm
Apologies, I do not have the address or email, but the address should be on the recent approval letters as @CULLINAN stated, so applicants who recently received Set (LR) approval should be able to confirm.

Also, I agree with the approach @CULLINAN has stated, best to be proactive and do whatever you can to rectify the error. To help put your mind at ease though, UKVI have all your history/status as well as your BRP numbers. It is quite evident that this is an error, and they usually contact you (via email) asking you for any missing/incomplete documents if they need. But better to be proactive and not just leave it up to them/to chance.
Thousands thank you @ajtu92! It does help me to calm myself down. Will definitely write to them and send it on special delivery first thing tomorrow morning.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:54 pm

radiogaga wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:53 pm
Whew, ok, thanks! That's good to know.
It will stay like this even after a decision is made for good some months.

Jsm03
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jsm03 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:01 pm

Dear @cullinan
I have been following this thread for quite some time now, I have a simple query which I am sure who must have received from a lot of people already but would really appreciate if you can advise on the below please.
I have submitted my application set(M) around last week of May and have submitted the documents and the photo using IDV app on the 11th of September.
I haven’t heard anything back yet.
I gathered that it’s relatively slower for set M ? it’s been around 5 months since I submitted my application, would you advise to send any email to ukvi to check or wait for some time ? If the former could you please share the email details.

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:04 pm

Jsm03 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:01 pm
Dear @cullinan
I have been following this thread for quite some time now, I have a simple query which I am sure who must have received from a lot of people already but would really appreciate if you can advise on the below please.
I have submitted my application set(M) around last week of May and have submitted the documents and the photo using IDV app on the 11th of September.
I haven’t heard anything back yet.
I gathered that it’s relatively slower for set M ? it’s been around 5 months since I submitted my application, would you advise to send any email to ukvi to check or wait for some time ? If the former could you please share the email details.

Thank you in advance.
Regards.
UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk

Mention your UAN, Full Name, DOB, Nationality in the email.

Keep us posted with any response. Good luck.

Jsm03
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jsm03 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:15 pm

@cullinan great! Thank you for your reply.
So you would recommend to email them even though it’s still not 6 months yet?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Jsm03 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:15 pm

@cullinan great! Thank you for your reply.
So you would recommend to email them even though it’s still not 6 months yet?
You could possibly as you have already waited 5 months. You may get a generic response to wait till 6 months are over, but this will most likely give HO a much needed nudge and hopefully you will then get a decision before 6 months are over.

Jsm03
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jsm03 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:29 pm

You could possibly as you have already waited 5 months. You may get a generic response to wait till 6 months are over, but this will most likely give HO a much needed nudge and hopefully you will then get a decision before 6 months are over.

Thanks for your prompt reply, I’ll email them then, thanks again.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:29 pm

With daylight savings kicking in, do biometric appointments openup at 12 am(it was 1 am earlier)?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:34 pm

poper wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:29 pm
With daylight savings kicking in, do biometric appointments openup at 12 am(it was 1 am earlier)?
12 am GMT.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Thanks CULLINAN.
I sometimes wonder if @CULLINAN is a chatbot which gives instantaneous reply :D
How come you are online 18 X 7?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:49 pm

poper wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:44 pm
Thanks CULLINAN.
I sometimes wonder if @CULLINAN is a chatbot which gives instantaneous reply :D
How come you are online 18 X 7?
:lol: Im a Robot! :P

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 am

jamd12 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 am
Amy_R88 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:37 am
gyanp wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:41 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:23 pm

Where have you seen this, please? Nothing on the Set (LR) timeline thread...latest is 29th July on there.
They are not on immigrationboard, my solicitor told me. These are his cases. I just wanted to update all of you. It looks like HO is making good progress on LR cases.
I applied on 26th July set LR but not yet received any email. Is there anyone else who applied in July and still waiting for the decisions?
Yes same over here! I applied 27th July Set LR too- and no email yet! Still waiting
Glad to know im not alone. If you get any email do update the timeline. I hope we get the approvals in a day or two. We would keep each other updated. Have you checked your right to work status?

Anyone who has kept an eye on right to work status, how long before getting the email, the change becomes visible? And also why does i have ukvi account option doesn't recognise any of the details? Is it with just me or has anyone got the same issue?

Tar86
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Tar86 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:17 am

Hi fellas,
Hope everyone is well, I am seeking for a suggestion. please see below my timeline, I have an in-person biometric booked for 30th October (dual submission), should I go for it or it will delay my decision (as it mentioned in the UKVCAS website)? I haven't recieved any cancellation email from UKVCAS yet.
Applied for ILR Route : Set (O) Tier-2 (General)
Date application sent : 25/08/2020
Type of application : Standard
Payment completed : 25/08/2020
Email received for eligibility of IDV app use : 03/09/2020
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS : 04/09/2020
Invitation to use IDV app : 06/09/2020
IDV app selfie/docs submission : 06/09/2020
UKVI delay notice: 08/10/2020

Many thanks

NNHidayah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NNHidayah » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:25 am

Tar86 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:17 am
Hi fellas,
Hope everyone is well, I am seeking for a suggestion. please see below my timeline, I have an in-person biometric booked for 30th October (dual submission), should I go for it or it will delay my decision (as it mentioned in the UKVCAS website)? I haven't recieved any cancellation email from UKVCAS yet.
Applied for ILR Route : Set (O) Tier-2 (General)
Date application sent : 25/08/2020
Payment completed : 25/08/2020
Email received for eligibility of IDV app use : 03/09/2020
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS : 04/09/2020
Invitation to use IDV app : 06/09/2020
IDV app selfie/docs submission : 06/09/2020
UKVI delay notice: 08/10/2020

Many thanks
I applied on 19 June together with my family through SET(O). We submitted images through IDV app on 4th September. I sent many emails requesting faster decision due to urgent health issue that needs sorted abroad. We also did face to face appointment on 6th October. We have not heard anything so far....

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:47 am

Hi guys just received decision last night. Posting the time line here. Hang in there to everyone still patiently waiting. In total it took just under 12 weeks
Application Type : FLR(M)
Date application sent : 05/08/2020
Payment completed : 05/08/2020
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS : 10/08/2020
Email received for eligibility of IDV app use : 27/08/2020
Invitation to use IDV app : 08/09/2020
IDV app selfie/docs submission : 10/09/2020
UKVI delay notice: 24/09/2020
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): No
Decision Email: 26/10/2020
BRP Card Received: Waiting...
Decision: Granted

*Escalated by calling UKVI on the 09/10/2020

arethere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arethere » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:51 am

Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 am

Glad to know im not alone. If you get any email do update the timeline. I hope we get the approvals in a day or two. We would keep each other updated. Have you checked your right to work status?

Anyone who has kept an eye on right to work status, how long before getting the email, the change becomes visible? And also why does i have ukvi account option doesn't recognise any of the details? Is it with just me or has anyone got the same issue?

I checked my right to work status on the morning (around 8-9 am) on the day my application was granted, it hadn't changed. I checked it later on in the afternoon around 3pm and it had been updated.
It wasn't until the next day my solicitor forwarded the email - Came in at 11 am. I guess it is some sort of automated system after the case worker clicks approve that changes your work status and queues in to send you a confirmation email but for some reason, the email part may be a bit slower. That should explain why decisions come from the same atlas email address.

When checking your right to work status, do not tick that you have a UKVI account. Just say you have a visa/ biometric permit and follow on. I hope you hear back soon!

ninjapizza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ninjapizza » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:02 am

Hi all, I submitted my online application and now need to keep an eye out for available UKVCAS appointments.

My question is - if i quit my current job and be unemployed, will this impact negatively on my Citizenship application? Would I need to inform them of this employment change, if I leave the job, as in application I've entered as "currently employed"?

thanks