ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on PBS Dependent Leave To Remain Visa Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blueice8549

Mistake on PBS Dependent Leave To Remain Visa Application

Post by blueice8549 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:51 am

Hi,

I made a mistake on filling the PBS Dependent Leave To Remain Visa which I have completed the online application form on 03 Oct 2020. And booked the appointment on 30 Oct 2020. And her current Visa expires on 03 Nov 2020. Today I noticed in the application a big mistake in my application .

I have provided my details instead of Spouse partner details on the "The person you are joining or accompanying" section. I have to change these section completely with all my partner details, how to change this section details, As I have 4 days left before appointment ? Is there any other contact numbers whom I can contact about this ? Any idea ?

BravoCharlie
United Kingdom

Re: Mistake on PBS Dependent Leave To Remain Visa Application

Post by BravoCharlie » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:59 am

In my case, I made a small mistake in my application but I could upload/modify my uploaded documents before my appointment for biometrics registration. So I prepared a cover letter and mentioned the mistake in application form there and uploaded it along with my other documents. I have not received a decision on my application yet, so I can't really tell whether this will work or not. But in your situation, this seems to me the most plausible solution. I hope somebody here will give you more authentic/helpful information.

All the best!

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:42 pm

blueice8549 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:51 am
Hi,

I made a mistake on filling the PBS Dependent Leave To Remain Visa which I have completed the online application form on 03 Oct 2020. And booked the appointment on 30 Oct 2020. And her current Visa expires on 03 Nov 2020. Today I noticed in the application a big mistake in my application .

I have provided my details instead of Spouse partner details on the "The person you are joining or accompanying" section. I have to change these section completely with all my partner details, how to change this section details, As I have 4 days left before appointment ? Is there any other contact numbers whom I can contact about this ? Any idea ?
Print the actual completed application form. Manually edit the correct details. Scan & Upload. Write a cover letter to explain the mistake and request to see the amended form.

blueice8549

Post by blueice8549 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Thanks a lot Bravo Charlie and Rambo_ILR. I would do the same(manually change in the printed form and mention that in Cover letter). But am just worried , will this be a reason for any rejection or hold of my application? Any successful cases before.

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:10 pm

Don't worry too much! It's just an error and not a misleading/false information. Explain in cover letter and you will be fine.

blueice8549

Post by blueice8549 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:04 am

Thanks a lot Rambo_ILR for the response again and giving me a clear hope. Yes, there is no false info, so I should be fine. I have explained everything in detail on the cover letter and submitted all the supported documents with amended application. My wife is having an appointment on 30th Oct 2020(2 days) from now. I will keep update here once she got her extension visa. Thanks

blueice8549

Post by blueice8549 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:50 pm

Hi Rambo_ILR & BravoCharlie,
As mentioned above my wife's Dependent Visa extension is successful. She got mail today from UK Home Office. Actually detailed cover letter worked like a charm. Which I have given complete details about her mistake and the changes on a table format. which might made the case worker easy. So happy Rambo_ILR for the positive response you gave. Just to give highlights

1. Application appointment - 30th Oct 2020
2. Submitted all the documents only online not a single original document was asked on the appointment day.
3. Got Email on 18 Nov 2020 from Home office stating that my wife application has been successful and granted 3 years visa.

Thanks all :D

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Glad, it worked out! All the best!

BravoCharlie
United Kingdom

Post by BravoCharlie » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:28 pm

Great. Worked for me too!