ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gyanp
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gyanp » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:44 am

Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 am
jamd12 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 am
Amy_R88 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:37 am
gyanp wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:41 pm

They are not on immigrationboard, my solicitor told me. These are his cases. I just wanted to update all of you. It looks like HO is making good progress on LR cases.
I applied on 26th July set LR but not yet received any email. Is there anyone else who applied in July and still waiting for the decisions?
Yes same over here! I applied 27th July Set LR too- and no email yet! Still waiting
Glad to know im not alone. If you get any email do update the timeline. I hope we get the approvals in a day or two. We would keep each other updated. Have you checked your right to work status?

Anyone who has kept an eye on right to work status, how long before getting the email, the change becomes visible? And also why does i have ukvi account option doesn't recognise any of the details? Is it with just me or has anyone got the same issue?
Not sure if Right to work has any significance. I applied for my ILR application on 4th Aug and appeared for in person biometric in 25th Sep. On 8th Sep my right to work status showed my visa valid till Oct 2022. However when I checked on 25th September, it was showing that my biometric card expired. But till now My ILR is not approved. So in summary UKVI did something on my application that led to expiry of my biometric card. But they have not yet approved my ILR. It seems to be some interim status.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:31 am

Hi all,

I've applied for my SET (LR) after having waited over 5 months to get my Tier 2 G extension approved with my current employer. After completing the payment for the application I've been looking for appointment availability but there seems to be no slots. Last night as I checked, Birmingham had slots for Nov 20 (£199) and this morning absolutely nothing.

When I search for slots, I only get availability for 10 centres while the UKVCAS announcment states there are more service points being open. Should I be changing the criteria for my search?

Appreciate your help.

Mcp788
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mcp788 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:42 am

Hi all,

Got my decision letter on Friday 23 Oct.
applied 15 May Set M
IDV app submission - 28 aug
Biometrics - 14 sep
Brp waiting. I am guessing there is no way to track the BrP ?
I would like to thank this forum and the moderators for all the information Provided . Good luck for all those who are waiting

Thanks

Bengalthecat
Newly Registered
China

Post by Bengalthecat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:48 am

damWills1984 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:47 am
Hi guys just received decision last night. Posting the time line here. Hang in there to everyone still patiently waiting. In total it took just under 12 weeks
Application Type : FLR(M)
Date application sent : 05/08/2020
Type of application : Standard
Payment completed : 05/08/2020
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS : 10/08/2020
Email received for eligibility of IDV app use : 27/08/2020
Invitation to use IDV app : 08/09/2020
IDV app selfie/docs submission : 10/09/2020
UKVI delay notice: 24/09/2020
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): No
Decision Email: 26/10/2020
BRP Card Received: Waiting...
Decision: Granted

*Escalated by calling UKVI on the 09/10/2020
Congrats! May I know what number you called to escalate to UKVI? Do you think it made a difference that you called? Thanks!

Tar86
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Tar86 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:07 am

NNHidayah wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:25 am
Tar86 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:17 am
Hi fellas,
Hope everyone is well, I am seeking for a suggestion. please see below my timeline, I have an in-person biometric booked for 30th October (dual submission), should I go for it or it will delay my decision (as it mentioned in the UKVCAS website)? I haven't recieved any cancellation email from UKVCAS yet.
Applied for ILR Route : Set (O) Tier-2 (General)
Date application sent : 25/08/2020
Payment completed : 25/08/2020
Email received for eligibility of IDV app use : 03/09/2020
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS : 04/09/2020
Invitation to use IDV app : 06/09/2020
IDV app selfie/docs submission : 06/09/2020
UKVI delay notice: 08/10/2020

Many thanks
I applied on 19 June together with my family through SET(O). We submitted images through IDV app on 4th September. I sent many emails requesting faster decision due to urgent health issue that needs sorted abroad. We also did face to face appointment on 6th October. We have not heard anything so far....
That's a shame, hope you will hear something back soon. Stay positive!

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:10 am

Bengalthecat wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:48 am
damWills1984 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:47 am
Hi guys just received decision last night. Posting the time line here. Hang in there to everyone still patiently waiting. In total it took just under 12 weeks
Application Type : FLR(M)
Date application sent : 05/08/2020
Payment completed : 05/08/2020
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS : 10/08/2020
Email received for eligibility of IDV app use : 27/08/2020
Invitation to use IDV app : 08/09/2020
IDV app selfie/docs submission : 10/09/2020
UKVI delay notice: 24/09/2020
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): No
Decision Email: 26/10/2020
BRP Card Received: Waiting...
Decision: Granted

*Escalated by calling UKVI on the 09/10/2020
Congrats! May I know what number you called to escalate to UKVI? Do you think it made a difference that you called? Thanks!
I called the standard number for applications within UK ( 0300 123 2241)
It's hard to say whether it made any difference. I received the decision on the 11th working day after the escalation. I would say if the standard processing times for your application have passed there is no harm in escalating your case.

Konaimiah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Konaimiah » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 am

Advice...
can somone please advice does the UKVCAS in Croydon loawnsroad, do they scan and upload documents. Got appointment next week. Finding it difficult to upload it online.

Kind regards

fx125

Post by fx125 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 am

Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:
gyanp wrote:

They are not on immigrationboard, my solicitor told me. These are his cases. I just wanted to update all of you. It looks like HO is making good progress on LR cases.
I applied on 26th July set LR but not yet received any email. Is there anyone else who applied in July and still waiting for the decisions?
Yes same over here! I applied 27th July Set LR too- and no email yet! Still waiting
Glad to know im not alone. If you get any email do update the timeline. I hope we get the approvals in a day or two. We would keep each other updated. Have you checked your right to work status?

Anyone who has kept an eye on right to work status, how long before getting the email, the change becomes visible? And also why does i have ukvi account option doesn't recognise any of the details? Is it with just me or has anyone got the same issue?
Can I please ask how you guys check status on Right to Work website as it requires company name and company contact email? I'm not sure if I'm using the right website as mine does not seem to produce instant result for the check? Thanks

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:02 pm

fx125 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 am
Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:

Can I please ask how you guys check status on Right to Work website as it requires company name and company contact email? I'm not sure if I'm using the right website as mine does not seem to produce instant result for the check? Thanks
Wrong website...this is the correct one: https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Also if you look closely at the hyperlinks and the content on the pages it seems like the "I have a UKVI account" option seems to be linked specifically to EU nationals and the EU Settlement Scheme...which is why it doesn't work. No idea why that is the case though.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:06 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:
gyanp wrote:

Yes I soon as I get the email I will! I feel it is just like you said one or two days hopefully.
Yes I have checked just now!- mine remains the same. Have you? I used my biometric number to check.
Would be good to know when the changes come into place!

fx125

Post by fx125 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:28 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:02 pm
fx125 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 am
Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:

Wrong website...this is the correct one: https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Also if you look closely at the hyperlinks and the content on the pages it seems like the "I have a UKVI account" option seems to be linked specifically to EU nationals and the EU Settlement Scheme...which is why it doesn't work. No idea why that is the case though.
Perfect! Sorted it now, thanks alot for your help!

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:30 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:06 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:

Yes I soon as I get the email I will! I feel it is just like you said one or two days hopefully.
Yes I have checked just now!- mine remains the same. Have you? I used my biometric number to check.
Would be good to know when the changes come into place!
Still saying BRP is expired or lost. I'd check every 2 to 3 hours. I hope the approvals arrive fast.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:54 pm

ninjapizza wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:02 am
Hi all, I submitted my online application and now need to keep an eye out for available UKVCAS appointments.

My question is - if i quit my current job and be unemployed, will this impact negatively on my Citizenship application? Would I need to inform them of this employment change, if I leave the job, as in application I've entered as "currently employed"?

thanks
You are posting on the ILR forum. Employment has nothing to do with Naturalisation. You could be unemployed for the last 10 years does not matter.

The correct link for you is:

british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... -1820.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:56 pm

swissman20 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:31 am
Hi all,

I've applied for my SET (LR) after having waited over 5 months to get my Tier 2 G extension approved with my current employer. After completing the payment for the application I've been looking for appointment availability but there seems to be no slots. Last night as I checked, Birmingham had slots for Nov 20 (£199) and this morning absolutely nothing.

When I search for slots, I only get availability for 10 centres while the UKVCAS announcment states there are more service points being open. Should I be changing the criteria for my search?

Appreciate your help.
The appointments seem to be available only after 3/4 weeks. You can change different postcodes to check different locations. Keep checking during the day and especially at 12AM GMT. There are cancellations sometimes and you may get lucky to book an earlier one.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Konaimiah wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 am
Advice...
can somone please advice does the UKVCAS in Croydon loawnsroad, do they scan and upload documents. Got appointment next week. Finding it difficult to upload it online.

Kind regards
Croydon Lansdowne is a temporary CORE centre. They will be able to scan but on an additional charge.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:04 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:57 pm
Konaimiah wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 am
Advice...

Kind regards
Croydon Lansdowne is a temporary CORE centre. They will be able to scan but on an additional charge.
And in this case, you should have bought the scanning service at the time you booked your appointment.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Toxic wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 am
Toxic wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:12 am
Toxic wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am
@toxic

Your 6 months are over today. Contact UKVI today and wait for a week. If you do not hear anything consider contacting your local MP.
I will do.
thanks
Just an update on my timeline.
I contacted home office after my 6 months and they said that they will update me in 10 working days.
a week later I contacted my local mp through email and they have escalated my application to the home office but mp advised that home office usually has a time frame of 20 to 25 working days to reply. So lets wait and see.
Hi Guys,
Quick update on my application. I received my successful decision yesterday through email.
Hi Guys,

Do I wait for my new BRP to arrive before I cut my old BRP and send it back to them or send my old brp now without receiving my new brp?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Wait for new BRP to arrive first and congrats!!

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:19 pm

Set O - ILR from tier 2 of 5 years.

date of application - April 1.
IDV invitation and upload of biometrics - September 4.

In person submission of biometrics - September 25

called UKVI for escalation (over six months) - October 13.

I received an email today telling me that there was already a decision last month September 10. They apologised because the decision email was not sent because of an "oversight".

that's it for me now. today is a great day.
Last edited by Carrington1234 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:14 pm
Wait for new BRP to arrive first and congrats!!
Thanks

Will continue waiting lol

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Carrington1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:19 pm

I received an email today telling me that there was already a decision last month September 10. They apologised because the decision email was not sent because of an "oversight".

that's it for me now.
so you went for an in person appointment after your decision was made on 10th September.. Probably thats why they mixed it up due to dual submission.

Hopefully your decision is positive.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:24 pm

There have been many reports from applicants who were caught up early in pandemic i.e. March-May, they reported their decisions were made way before and only pushed through after applicants made enquiries. Nothing more than a system/technical failure on UKVI’s part!! :evil:

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:47 pm

Toxic wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:21 pm
Carrington1234 wrote:

that's it for me now.
so you went for an in person appointment after your decision was made on 10th September.. Probably thats why they mixed it up due to dual submission.

it is a positive result. the application was successful.
the decision was made September 10. if only they sent me the decision on that day. i could have not went for a dual submission on September 25

Dodiddone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dodiddone » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:00 pm

Carrington1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:47 pm
Toxic wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:21 pm
Carrington1234 wrote:

that's it for me now.

it is a positive result. the application was successful.
the decision was made September 10. if only they sent me the decision on that day. i could have not went for a dual submission on September 25
Oh, that is really shocking. In that case, have they not sent you the new BRP after decision made on 10 Sep?

cheeish
Newly Registered

Post by cheeish » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi everyone, i would like to update about

My SET M

Applied on 7July2020
Idv app used : 29August2020
Biometric in person: 23Sep2020
Decision received on email: 19Oct2020
Brp received: awaiting

And it seem like taken time for dispatching BRP
I will update about what photography they have used for BRP once i received