ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M - Emplyer Reference Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jagankumar
India

SET M - Queries on Document to uploads

Post by jagankumar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:56 pm

Hi All,
We are applying ILR for my Partner under SET (M). There is bit confusion on the documents to upload via UKVCAS portal and some queries on application.

Could any of you answer for my below questions?

1) For the bank statements - Is it still expected to get original statements from the bank and scan the original and upload it? or Shall we download Online bank statements and uplaod it?

2) Payslips/P60 - My employer provided these documents as soft copy - Can I use those to upload?

3) Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live - Can we use council tax bill to prove it? Again can this be e-bill?

4)Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live - Is it expected to provide the Mortgage contract or do we need get a letter from bank?

5) Evidence of Partner settled status in the UK - I hope scanned copy of my passport would be sufficient.

6) Regarding Life in the UK test, no letter has been issued by the test center. - I hope only reference number provided in the application would be sufficient.

7) Another query on filling the application form where the question is
"How long have you lived in the UK?" - Do we need to mention only the time under she is in FLR (M) or should mention the dates where she enter under different visa (Tier 4, Tier 1 Dependant) category?

Many Thanks in Advance
Jagan

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: SET M - Queries on Document to uploads

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:11 pm

1) Online is fine as long it looks like the originals and have bank logos.
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Mortgage contract
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) Usually this questions is based on the current application qualifying period. If the question does not state that clearly. Just use the first entry date.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Thanks Cullinan for your quick response. Much appreciated.

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:25 am

Sorry one more question

"6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show
that you have been living together during the past 2.5 years"
- Is this applies as old rules saying all evidence from atleast 3 different sources and if letter is not joint letter then we need to give 6 evidences on the applicant and 6 on the partner?

Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:29 am

3/4 sources evenly spread during the last 2 years counting backwards from date of application i.e. every 3/4 months.

Ideally in joint names.

If you do not have enough documents in joint names, then top up with documents in solo names but same address.

This is a generic list. If you fulfil as stated above, it will be enough.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:33 am

Once again thank you

jagankumar
India

SET M - Emplyer Reference Letter

Post by jagankumar » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi All,
We've got another query on employer reference letter. Still not able to correctly interpret the point no.4 as highlighted below. As point no. 2 and 3 is well enough to confirm the salary part. What is exactly expected to fullfill the point no.4.

Thanks in advance

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the pay slips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their
application; and

5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: SET M - Emplyer Reference Letter

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm

jagankumar wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:32 pm
Hi All,
We've got another query on employer reference letter. Still not able to correctly interpret the point no.4 as highlighted below. As point no. 2 and 3 is well enough to confirm the salary part. What is exactly expected to fullfill the point no.4.

Thanks in advance

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the pay slips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their
application; and

5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)
A line stating in the letter that ....ABC employed by us and receiving the salary in the amount of £123 since date of employment
OR
In case there has been increment.....ABC employed by since (......date.....) and started receiving current level of salary £123 since (......date......) due to promotion or upward review of his wages.

jagankumar
India

Re: SET M - Emplyer Reference Letter

Post by jagankumar » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:18 am

Thanks for your prompt response Amazonianx. Much appreciated.