ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC DATABASE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amonty
Newly Registered

NARIC DATABASE

Post by amonty » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi freinds,

I am getting my documents ready to apply for Tier 1. I have filled up my details on the self assessment site and have got enough points to get approval.

Now one thing occured to me when I was filling up the self assessment form on the HO website. The institute where I did my education from was formerly R*** College, and thats what states in my transcripts and certificates. But the government decided to change the name of my college to N**** College and made it autonomous (earlier it was a university which provided the certificates to us).

Now the question I have is, NARIC database has the new name vis-a-vis the old name which my transcripts also reflect. The NARIC database has no mention of my old institute name. Will the HO be ignorant enough as to disqualify me or will they be aware of the situation? Also if they object to this and disqualify, is there something else I can provide with my application which can be considered as supporting documentation for my claim? Some examples I can think of is a letter from my college to this effect or a government order copy. If so who should certify that these documents are as they say they are?

Confused, I am too. blush.gif

Warm regards,
Monty
Last edited by amonty on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:05 pm

It is important to understand that a change in the name of college where one studied for a qualification doesn't make a difference in Tier 1 application ..... unless your qualification is *awarded* by the college itself.

But, change in name of the *awarding* body is something one must not ignore. If the name of the organization / institution that *awarded* your degree has changed (e.g. - ABC University is now named as University of XYZ) and the erstwhile (old) name is not in the points-based calculator, then it might be a good idea to get a letter of comparability from NARIC. Explain the situation in your application's cover letter and include the NARIC letter as documentary evidence.

While a letter from NARIC will prove equivalency to a UK qualification standard, I am unable to comment how the absence of the awarding body (under its old name) from points-based calculator will affect the english language requirements and if you will be required to prove english proficiency through other means (another qualification or approved tests).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

su.harish
Newly Registered

UK NARIC Conformance

Post by su.harish » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi Folks, I did my Bachelor of Engineering under Visweswaraih Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka,India. Do I need to get UK NARIC confirmation saying its listed in there Database. Or Only letter from college saying our degree is taught in english. If so, please send me the format of the letter. I am grappling with this document very much. Any help in this line is appreciated greatly. My mail id is "su.harish@gmail.com".
or contact me on my mobile: +91-988-611-7507.

antouk

Post by antouk » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:05 pm

try ur degree and university with UKBA points calculator. if u dont qualify the english language section, then u need to take IELTS or any English test prescribed by UKBA.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

su.harish
Newly Registered

Its there in the list

Post by su.harish » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi, I evaluated my eligibility in that link. My university lists in that list. So that I don't need to give any additional proof :D . Thanks mate.