ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tanush01
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Tanush01 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:49 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:42 am
For new applicants help sake:
1) Documents submission:

Self-submission is optional but I would recommend it as your documents will be sent to UKVI even before biometrics and you will save time. It has nothing to do with biometrics appointment booking. However, this option is only available up to 48 hours before biometrics appointment.

2) Appointment booking:

Try different postcodes to view different locations. Look through out the day for any cancellations or 12AM GMT. Look for 1-2 days regularly, you maybe able to find an earlier one due to a cancellation. Appointments are reported to be available only after 3/4 weeks gap these days. Book the one available if you fail to book any earlier one in 1-2 days. Recommended because if you book a date now lets say, you will not be able to view the earlier availability (if any cancellations) then. Worth 1-2 days regular check.

3) Date of application:

Date of application is the date you pay and submit online. Biometrics date is irrelevant. You have a 2 months deadline though after application date. Documents upload date/self-submission is irrelevant but recommended.
Many Thanks Cullinan for your response :)

I have just searched near to my postcode & able to book appointments for 23 Nov since new slots have do come up after 12am. I will try calling ukvcas to find out if anything is visible at their end to reschedule early since I tried many postcodes & didn't find any.

One more point - while I booked appointment, I was expecting email with QR code however have not received anything... checked my junk, spam folder as well.

Is it worth escalating to ukvcas or is it normal. Will I receive it later on?

As guided, I will submit the docs as well - thanks

Kind Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:55 am

@Tanush01

1) UKVCAS helpline can do nothing in relation to booking any earlier appointments. Since you have booked now for 23rd Nov, you can not view any more availability. Stick with the appointment. You will only waste your time and money calling them.

2) QR code can take a couple of hours to come also. It will come soon.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:18 am

@Ameline

Definitely the reports on this forum alone are a very small proportion of the total number of cases HO receives/user experience’s shared here.

The overall picture is even worse.

I browsed some other forums and facebook immigration pages, people have reported waiting since Feb-June for FLR(M)’s, SET(M)’s - I focused on spouse visas’s only.

Just to share one: one person even reported that HO emailed back after 5 months that they do not have the documents even when the documents were submitted in March!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:39 am

Friend got a decision last week in 3 working days (T2G > Set O). But no decision update yet this week in the timelines forum.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

fx125

Post by fx125 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:04 am

unknown10111 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:28 am
Hi - I've just booked a (free) biometrics appointment in London exactly 4 weeks from now. I desperately need to get my ILR on time to travel in December to visit a sick relative. I can see that once you book the appointment, there is no way of seeing current appointment availability unless you cancel. Is there someone who is going to be booking an appointment over the next week or some kind of system where some kind soul could let me know if there are any earlier appointments available, don't mind if they're paid?! I'm really desperate and worried that end November gives me a very tight timeline - I would have to be really lucky and get my BRP like 3 weeks after to be able to travel :(

Would appreciate any help or advice anyone could provide - thanks!
I have seen quite a few slots in uncommon places like Sunderland, Wakefield, etc...where they have as early as 04 Nov but unfortunately none is free so you might need to consider

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:45 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:18 am
@Ameline

Definitely the reports on this forum alone are a very small proportion of the total number of cases HO receives/user experience’s shared here.

I browsed some other forums and facebook immigration pages, people have reported waiting since Feb-June for FLR(M)’s, SET(M)’s - I focused on spouse visas’s only.

Just to share one: one person even reported that HO emailed back after 5 months that they do not have the documents even when the documents were submitted in March!!
Many thanks CULLINAN, very helpful.

This would be frustrating for Feb-June applicants especially the ones HO claimed not receiving their documents.

Tanush01
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tanush01 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:55 am
@Tanush01

1) UKVCAS helpline can do nothing in relation to booking any earlier appointments. Since you have booked now for 23rd Nov, you can not view any more availability. Stick with the appointment. You will only waste your time and money calling them.

2) QR code can take a couple of hours to come also. It will come soon.
Many Thanks Cullinan

QR code has come this morning.

One more question - Is there any provision to update the address post biometrics if one needs to?

Kind Regards

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:37 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:18 am
@Ameline

I saw that one as well!! So shocking, I can't even imagine how helpless and frustrated they feel. What can you do when you know you've done everything correct and the HO still says they don't have your stuff???

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:54 am

Tanush01 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 am
Many Thanks Cullinan

QR code has come this morning.

One more question - Is there any provision to update the address post biometrics if one needs to?

Kind Regards
https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

chopter
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chopter » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Hopefully things are not slowing down too much, My wife applied for her ILR (LR) on 03/08, and received her approval email today (27/10)

Good luck everyone!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:43 pm

chopter wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:35 pm
Hopefully things are not slowing down too much, My wife applied for her ILR (LR) on 03/08, and received her approval email today (27/10)

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! 🎉🎊 Looks like we're still moving ahead on Set (LR).
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:45 pm

chopter wrote:
Hopefully, things are not slowing down too much, My wife applied for her ILR (LR) on 03/08, and received her approval email today (27/10)

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations 🎉
Waiting for mine. I did my in 01/08.

So hopefully it comes soon

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:52 pm

kiss300 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:45 pm
chopter wrote:
Hopefully, things are not slowing down too much, My wife applied for her ILR (LR) on 03/08, and received her approval email today (27/10)

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations 🎉
Waiting for mine. I did my in 01/08.

So hopefully it comes soon
Still a couple applications outstanding between 26/07 and 03/08 including yours, so don't worry it's coming soon. Please do update us when it comes through! :)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:15 pm

chopter wrote:

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations.
And thanks for posting. It gives all of us so much hope amongst the gloom
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:23 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:15 pm
chopter wrote:

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations.
And thanks for posting. It gives all of us so much hope amongst the gloom
Seconded. It is much appreciated! :D

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:51 pm

ajitu92, Going by your records, when was the first approval obtained for a July applicant under Set LR?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:14 pm

navkant wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:39 am
Friend got a decision last week in 3 working days (T2G > Set O). But no decision update yet this week in the timelines forum.
It’s the half term week so it is likely some staff is on annual leave. I submitted my biometrics on Friday 23rd early morning but I am not expecting decision this week although Set(O) decisions are swift.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:27 pm

Congratulations @chopter to your wife.

Really happy for SET(LR). It seems like moving!!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:54 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:51 pm
ajitu92, Going by your records, when was the first approval obtained for a July applicant under Set LR?
Hey @poper, according to this forum, first July applicant received approval on 7th September but this was an outlier. Within the bounds of the trend, the first July applicant received approval on 5th October.

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:22 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:54 pm
poper wrote:
Hey @poper, according to this forum, first July applicant received approval on 7th September but this was an outlier. Within the bounds of the trend, the first July applicant received approval on 5th October.
@ajitu92, @Ameline, and other gurus, do we know when does the Christmas holiday start for HO caseworkers? I submitted my (LR) application on 5th September (biometrics in person on 25th Sep) and hope to get a decision by Christmas. Judging by the current trend, this seems possible (if they don't slow down significantly in December)? Thanks!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:37 pm

schen wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:22 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:
@ajitu92, @Ameline, and other gurus, do we know when does the Christmas holiday start for HO caseworkers? I submitted my (LR) application on 5th September (biometrics in person on 25th Sep) and hope to get a decision by Christmas. Judging by the current trend, this seems possible (if they don't slow down significantly in December)? Thanks!
Not a clue, but I assume it will roughly be in line with the rest of the country/government and corporate institutions. Yeah, according to the current trend it should come before Christmas maybe even a lot earlier, but who really knows what UKVI have up their sleeves next 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Bengalthecat
Newly Registered
China

Post by Bengalthecat » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:05 pm

navkant wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:39 am
Feeling helpless reading on the timeline thread new set o applicant getting swift approval but not heard a lot on IDV-only or pre-Sep applicants..Pray for us all still anxiously waiting.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:17 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:37 pm
schen wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:
Not a clue, but I assume it will roughly be in line with the rest of the country/government and corporate institutions. Yeah, according to the current trend it should come before Christmas maybe even a lot earlier, but who really knows what UKVI have up their sleeves next 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Omg don't lots of 'civil services' companies + government related stuff break in early December?? Can you imagine, with all the backlog still there, just going away til the new year :x

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:22 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:17 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:37 pm
schen wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

Omg don't lots of 'civil services' companies + government related stuff break in early December?? Can you imagine, with all the backlog still there, just going away til the new year :x
Right in the feels, that one! 😶😕 Then again, Home Office/UKVI have been sending out approvals even on the weekends (not sure if this is people actually working or an automated system clearing out the queue) but if it is real people actually working weekends to clear the backlog, there may be some leeway in when they will actually break for xmas.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:35 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:

Thanks ajitu92. For your records, one of my contact(not part of this forum) received her ILR today after Home Office raised some queries.
Application Date - 21/July
IDV Submission - 21/Sep
Decision - 27/Oct