ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS fee & UK Naric

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

intrusive
United Kingdom

IHS fee & UK Naric

Post by intrusive » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:48 am

Good Day,
i have a question regarding IHS fee, my wife and daughter have to switch their visas. Considering IHS fee increase i was thinking to Pay IHS fee now and get IHS number generated for both of them and subsequently in two months time in around late december or January i will apply for their visas. this is to avoid the disproportionate amount of fee increase which is going to increase after 27 october. Will that be allowed by UKVI or not?? Can someone answer that query please.
And my second question is regarding UK Naric my wife had Master's Degree from uni from Pakistan and i came to know, UK Naric can provide equivalency certificate to Level C1. will that be acceptable by Home office. I read through this board but i could not reach to a conclusion whether or not home office will accept it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: IHS fee & UK Naric

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:54 am

intrusive wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:48 am
Good Day,
i have a question regarding IHS fee, my wife and daughter have to switch their visas. Considering IHS fee increase i was thinking to Pay IHS fee now and get IHS number generated for both of them and subsequently in two months time in around late december or January i will apply for their visas. this is to avoid the disproportionate amount of fee increase which is going to increase after 27 october. Will that be allowed by UKVI or not?? Can someone answer that query please.
I am afraid but it wouldn't work because the date of the submission of application is actually mattered and if you haven't previously submitted any application then obviously will be charged with IHS fee accordingly.
intrusive wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:48 am

And my second question is regarding UK Naric my wife had Master's Degree from uni from Pakistan and i came to know, UK Naric can provide equivalency certificate to Level C1. will that be acceptable by Home office. I read through this board but i could not reach to a conclusion whether or not home office will accept it.
As long as your degree will be equivalent to UK bachelor degree on the assessment through Naric red route then should be suffice to meet the requirement. Despite this, if you wish then may choose to sit for English language test costing the same as Naric assessment will.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:43 pm

correct me if i m wrong i thought the IHS number will be required in application and we can get number generated now and mention this while applying in future. I think we can do this.
Regarding english requirement will UKVI accept B1 for example if she take it now instead of A1 as its her first application for flr m, so that we can use it in later applications for example extension and ILR and does B1 has any expiry date if some one knows.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:49 pm

intrusive wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:43 pm
correct me if i m wrong i thought the IHS number will be required in application and we can get number generated now and mention this while applying in future. I think we can do this.
Having merely an IHS number alone isn't enough while having no application. If you are striving to escape from paying the new revised IHS then you can even submit your application now and book your appointment after 2 months.
intrusive wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:43 pm
Regarding english requirement will UKVI accept B1 for example if she take it now instead of A1 as its her first application for flr m, so that we can use it in later applications for example extension and ILR and does B1 has any expiry date if some one knows.
Yes you can reuse it (B1) in future too despite after its expiry of 2 years. See a similar thread:

immigration-for-family-members/english- ... 07856.html
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:57 pm

yeah i am actually striving to save on new IHS increase, yeah i might do it, but we dont have uk naric nor we have english language test, pay slips are starting from july so its 4 months i dont know yet about other requirements I have not prepared for it.
For both of my daughter and wife it will cost around £5000 its a big amount.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:00 pm

intrusive wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:57 pm
yeah i am actually striving to save on new IHS increase, yeah i might do it, but we dont have uk naric nor we have english language test, pay slips are starting from july so its 4 months i dont know yet about other requirements I have not prepared for it.
For both of my daughter and wife it will cost around £5000 its a big amount.
If you have only been in the present employment from 4 months then unless you have earned at least £18600 during the last 12 months to fall under category B instead A/possess cash savings, the above maneuver won't be appropriate for you.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:27 am

yeah its been 4 months in other employment and i am a director of a company as well. Can i use mix of both income to meet the income threshold? and i do have some savings as well. can i use them as well.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:31 am

any moderator want to shed some light on uk naric thing, i was reading through this forum in nationality section a person was told to submit a new english language test.
british-citizenship/english-exam-requir ... l#p1952640

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:37 am

am i correct in understanding that we need two services from uk naric
1. visas and nationality service which costs around £168
2. english language assessment which is £59.4

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:40 am

and one more question are there any relaxation applicable to me due to covid 19. Please guys help me.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:42 pm

can moderators please help me, time is running out i need your kind help.
Many Thanks

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 pm

can any body help me please...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:38 pm

intrusive wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:37 am
am i correct in understanding that we need two services from uk naric
1. visas and nationality service which costs around £168
2. english language assessment which is £59.4
I am not fully aware about the cost but you will have to use their red route, under which you will get 2 reports/statements:

1. Degree comparability
2. English proficiency

But make sure to use red route.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:40 pm

intrusive wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:40 am
and one more question are there any relaxation applicable to me due to covid 19. Please guys help me.
Yes there are but very few. Check that below:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:36 pm

may i know what is red route please.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:20 am

intrusive wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:36 pm
may i know what is red route please. From what I gather this is the NARIC comparability service that should be followed for immigration and settlement application.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:28 am

intrusive wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:36 pm
may i know what is red route please.
Under that route you will obtain both documents as mentioned above. Just speak to them and they will explain it to you.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:24 pm

any moderators if you guys can please please comment on ihs fee matter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:26 pm

IHS fees increased today. What exactly is your question about the IHS fees??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:16 pm

its all written there. Now it msans waste of time to comment on it.

intrusive
United Kingdom

Post by intrusive » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:23 pm

i was trying to avoid the nhs increase from 27 october thought to get help from forum :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:27 pm

Too late now as fees are higher from today.

You also have to pay IHS as part of the application. You can't pay IHS separately in advance. Date of application is the date you submit and pay online for the visa. You were already advised of this when you first posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.