ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hp2
United Kingdom

Questions on Naturalisation

Post by hp2 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:57 pm

Hi all,

I have been looking through filling up the online application for British Citizenship.

Question 1: when going through the application, asking for Parents DATE OF BIRTH (place of Birth as they live in a town now, were born in a village) which my parents not remember at all. and on the form looks not mandatory fields in the application. Is that very important to fill the form when we dont know the right Date of birth of them? shall I just fill up the name and place of birth there?

Question 2: Also, I am not really sure regarding my 10 years employement history that I can fill them as not remember all of them. but sure, I know for last 5 years history well!!

Await for your replies!!

Thank you

hp2
United Kingdom

Applying for Naturalisation

Post by hp2 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:55 am

Hi All,

I was on ILR since Dec 2018 and planning to apply for Naturalisation now.

My Questions to cover up if I did any immigration caps in between also kindy please suggest me if I can apply for the Citizenship?

Here details of my status in the UK:

05/01/09
Entered the UK

24/09/10 – 07/02/11

Granted Tier 4 General student visa LTR

01/04/11 – 07/06/14

19/09/11 – 19/09/13

Granted Tier 1 PSW visa LTR

16/09/13
Submitted application for LTR as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur (prior to expiry of PSW visa)

19/09/13
Attempt to submit variation application for LTR as a Tier 2 General (attempt to vary application rejected on 01/10/13 and therefore Tier 1 Entrepreneur application continues to be considered)

18/10/13
Refused Tier 1 Entrepreneur application - to update the documents where my 50k/ business partnered application withdrawn and hence I had to vary to other options which I was planned to Tier 4 back.

26/10/13

Submitted application for LTR as a Tier 4 General (within 28 days of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur refusal) - the refusal was sent to the lawyer where they did not tell me why got rejected but I got the SAR reports (says that need to update bank statement as was one month old and giving a proper ads in the market) so I did not see as an issue.

20/05/14 – 30/03/16

30/04/15 – 28/06/18

Granted Tier 2 General visa LTR

07/06/18 – 28/06/20

Granted Tier 2 General visa LTR

On ILR since 13 Dec 2018!

Lastly, I was working for a 3 to 5 months nearly after PSW which I did not know whether I am allowed to work in that time, could you please answer me on this aswell? Is this something that breaking rules on Good Character, but this was not aware that time that I can work or not allowed to work.

Looking forward to for your replies people!!

Thank you,
Krish S

hp2
United Kingdom

Re: Questions on Naturalisation

Post by hp2 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:53 am

Hi people, kindly please give me your overview as since been waiting!!

hp2 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:57 pm
Hi all,

I have been looking through filling up the online application for British Citizenship.

Question 1: when going through the application, asking for Parents DATE OF BIRTH (place of Birth as they live in a town now, were born in a village) which my parents not remember at all. and on the form looks not mandatory fields in the application. Is that very important to fill the form when we dont know the right Date of birth of them? shall I just fill up the name and place of birth there?

Question 2: Also, I am not really sure regarding my 10 years employement history that I can fill them as not remember all of them. but sure, I know for last 5 years history well!!

Await for your replies!!

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Questions on Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:56 am

hp2 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:53 am
Hi people, kindly please give me your overview as since been waiting!!

hp2 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:57 pm
Hi all,

Just fill in what you know - if it's marked non-mandatory not an issue.

Provide as much details as you can remember - estimated dates (month/year) are ok. If you wish you can also include a note with your documents to explain.

Await for your replies!!
Can't comment on your visa history.

Thank you
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.