ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP Renewal - additional documents requested

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

legkanur
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRP Renewal - additional documents requested

Post by legkanur » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:42 am

I've submitted online renewal application for my Stamp 4 (working) and got request today for additional documents

"Please submitt copy of Department letter extending leave to remain"

Does anyone knows what's that and why it's required?
I have 3 days to upload and don't know what to do. I've send them email, but doubt they will reply. And now there is no phone number to call.

Ali20
Newly Registered
Somalia

Re: IRP Renewal - additional documents requested

Post by Ali20 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:30 am

Hi Legkanur

It seems you need to upload the minester’s latter which is the permission to stay in the state.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:37 am

How did you obtain your Stamp 4? Via 2-year Critical Skills Employment Permit or 5-year General Employment Permit? Either way, there should be an official letter from DBEI or INIS which will specify that you have the permission to remain in state based on Stamp 4 provided that you obey certain rules. You need this letter to renew your permission every time.

maxiao888
Newly Registered
China

Post by maxiao888 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:46 am

When you registered first time you would have needed the letter granting you stamp 4, proof of address etc. They are asking for that same letter now as it outlines the conditions/length of stay etc.

legkanur
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by legkanur » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:08 am

I had Green Card and then got stamp 4 after 2 years, never had any letter.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:34 pm

When was your Green Card issued? Any such permit issued after the first quarter in 2013 would require a Stamp 4 Support Letter.

If your Green Card was issued before that, you should simply reply to them and tell them that when you exchanged your Green Card to Stamp 4, there was no such requirement.

legkanur
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by legkanur » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:55 pm

My Green Card was issued in Feb 2013. I've replied, hopefully it will be enough.

legkanur
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by legkanur » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Seems it worked! Just got this
The processing of your application has been completed and you will shortly receive your new Irish Residency Permit Card by post - (approximately 5-10 working days).

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:59 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:34 pm
When was your Green Card issued? Any such permit issued after the first quarter in 2013 would require a Stamp 4 Support Letter.
That is interesting. I think I have given away my letter to Gardai, when was doing renewal.
Not sure what are the actions will be in case of renewal next year. I guess request new letter?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Stanina wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:59 pm
littlerr wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:34 pm
That is interesting. I think I have given away my letter to Gardai, when was doing renewal.
Not sure what are the actions will be in case of renewal next year. I guess request new letter?
I still have mine. I guess if you gave it to the Gardai, you should be able to request for a copy of the letter from either DBEI or INIS?

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:18 am

littlerr wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:10 pm
I still have mine. I guess if you gave it to the Gardai, you should be able to request for a copy of the letter from either DBEI or INIS?
Yeah, it might be the plan. I was outside Dublin station, maybe it is in my files there.
I hope to receive citizenship before renewal still have around 10 months on IRP card.