ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply ILR from 10 Year Routes + Citizenship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

edwarddong
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Apply ILR from 10 Year Routes + Citizenship

Post by edwarddong » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:04 pm

Good afternoon All,

I have some questions regarding my case. Hopefully someone could help me.

Next year september 2021 will be my 10 years living in UK legally. I am currently on Spouse Visa ( second extend).

Can I ask you if i dont want to apply ILR under complete 5 years spouse visa. I want to apply ILR under 10 year route ( long residence ). Can i apply my british citizenship straghtaway after i have my ILR from 10 year routes?. Do i have to wait one year after to apply citizneship?. Because my wife is british citizenship.

Sorry for my confusing english.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Apply ILR from 10 Year Routes + Citizenship

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:07 pm

Yes you can apply via LR if you meet the LR requirements. You can apply for BC right after you have ILR - Section 6(2) on basis of your British wife. No need to wait for 12 months.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

edwarddong
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by edwarddong » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:07 pm
Yes you can apply via LR if you meet the LR requirements. You can apply for BC right after you have ILR - Section 6(2) on basis of your British wife. No need to wait for 12 months.
thank you very much so i can save one year :) thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:16 pm

edwarddong wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:09 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:07 pm
thank you very much so i can save one year :) thank you.
Yes, being married to BC avails you that opportunity of not needing to wait for a year after ILR to apply for citizenship.