ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Processing Delay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Spouse Visa Extension Processing Delay

Post by Sreerag » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi,
I have filed an application for extending my visa 6 months ago at the start of Covid pandemic. Following is my timeline:
Visa type: FLR(M)
Application Submitted on : 08/04/2020
Postal or In Person Application : Online
Application deferred for further checks (in person app) : No
Acknowledgement Received on (for postal app) : NA
UKVI Correspondence in delay: 21/05/2020
Biometric reuse eligibility mail: 03/06/2020
Invitation for installing IDV app: 08/09/2020
Documents and Photo upload on app: 10/09/2020
Additional Documents Requested on: No
Decision of Application : Pending
Date of Decision : Pending
BRP Card Received : Pending

I have looked at other timelines in the forum and 9 out of 10 applications have been given decision within 8 weeks time. I haven't received any communications yet. Any others here still waiting for the decision who submitted docs around my date of submission who have received the decision or waiting for a decision?

Longest 6 months.....

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Processing Delay

Post by Korekt » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:02 pm

It's worth giving them a call to find out what's happening.

Hopefully that will help them get a move on should they be slacking.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreerag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 am

Thanks.

brekh
United Kingdom

Post by brekh » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:12 pm

Sreerag wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:16 pm
Hi,
I have filed an application for extending my visa 6 months ago at the start of Covid pandemic. Following is my timeline:

I have looked at other timelines in the forum and 9 out of 10 applications have been given decision within 8 weeks time. I haven't received any communications yet. Any others here still waiting for the decision who submitted docs around my date of submission who have received the decision or waiting for a decision?

Longest 6 months.....
I am in the same boat, like Korekt suggested I gave the Home Office a call, they gave me an escalation number and advise me that we will get an update within 10 days.

Hopefully, they will reply within the said time.
Thanks to Korekt for being there to help.
Regards

T

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreerag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:55 pm

I filed my application via a solicitor and all the correspondences were through him and he is saying it is not required to call and escalate and I am stuck. :(

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Sreerag wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:55 pm
I filed my application via a solicitor and all the correspondences were through him and he is saying it is not required to call and escalate and I am stuck. :(
You have paid solicitors fees, his interest is go get the next high paying client.
You take into your hands if solicitor not willing to and do what is required to get update.

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreerag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:06 pm

brekh wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:12 pm
Sreerag wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:16 pm
Hi,

Longest 6 months.....
I am in the same boat, like Korekt suggested I gave the Home Office a call, they gave me an escalation number and advise me that we will get an update within 10 days.

Hopefully, they will reply within the said time.
Thanks to Korekt for being there to help.
Regards

T
Any luck?

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreerag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:09 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:56 pm
Sreerag wrote:
You have paid solicitors fees, his interest is go get the next high paying client.
You take into your hands if solicitor not willing to and do what is required to get update.
Strange thing is, solicitor's office doesn't have any idea if this is permitted during the current scenario. I don't want this to cause further delays, already at the tipping point.

Sad thing is people who applied around August is getting their decision whereas I applied in April and no response whatsoever.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:32 pm

Sreerag wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:09 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sreerag wrote:
Strange thing is, solicitor's office doesn't have any idea if this is permitted during the current scenario. I don't want this to cause further delays, already at the tipping point.

Sad thing is people who applied around August is getting their decision whereas I applied in April and no response whatsoever.
Let it not be strange to you that he does not know what is going on in his profession yet he is collecting fees to dispense advice and act on people's behalf.
Either you be on him to act or you act yourself or else you may not get to know what is the status of your application....even if no decision yet, know the status or stage of your application.

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreerag » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:00 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:32 pm
Sreerag wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Sreerag wrote:
I called the home office to check on my application and they were less than useful. They said they can neither escalate nor let me know the status of my application. I convinced solicitor to send a reminder mail to the home office on my behalf.

Let it not be strange to you that he does not know what is going on in his profession yet he is collecting fees to dispense advice and act on people's behalf.
Either you be on him to act or you act yourself or else you may not get to know what is the status of your application....even if no decision yet, know the status or stage of your application.

gorgon777
Yemen

Post by gorgon777 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:09 pm

Sreerag wrote:
This appears to be somewhat true. A lot of the timelines show those who applied around August are getting their decisions after 10-12 weeks. Most of these that were applying for an extension would also have been invited to use the IDV app to reuse fingerprints. Is it possible that there is a quicker process if this route is taken?

It is the route I took but I know some that also booked appointments to go and give the fingerprints and there is no evidence doing that results in a quicker decision either.

If the application is straight forward with organised evidence and no questionable answers you should be fine. Do ring them to be sure.

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreerag » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:26 am

gorgon777 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:09 pm
Sreerag wrote:
This appears to be somewhat true. A lot of the timelines show those who applied around August are getting their decisions after 10-12 weeks. Most of these that were applying for an extension would also have been invited to use the IDV app to reuse fingerprints. Is it possible that there is a quicker process if this route is taken?

It is the route I took but I know some that also booked appointments to go and give the fingerprints and there is no evidence doing that results in a quicker decision either.

If the application is straight forward with organised evidence and no questionable answers you should be fine. Do ring them to be sure.
My application is as straight as it can be and I got professional help to get everything organized. I convinced my solicitor to put a reminder to home office and I rang them yesterday. They told me other than waiting I can't do anything else as I cannot escalate my application or ask about status of application which is strange because I paid good money to call visa enquiries and I could do was enquire and not get a useful answer.

My main worry is another lockdown starts tomorrow and I have no idea how much the process is gonna get delayed further.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:29 am

Sreerag wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:26 am
gorgon777 wrote:
Sreerag wrote:

My application is as straight as it can be and I got professional help to get everything organized. I convinced my solicitor to put a reminder to home office and I rang them yesterday. They told me other than waiting I can't do anything else as I cannot escalate my application or ask about status of application which is strange because I paid good money to call visa enquiries and I could do was enquire and not get a useful answer.

My main worry is another lockdown starts tomorrow and I have no idea how much the process is gonna get delayed further.
The answer you got unfortunately is what they will say. Escalation or involving MP not on the cards yet.

gorgon777
Yemen

Post by gorgon777 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:43 pm

Sreerag wrote:

Yes if there was a problem they should have contacted you by now. Maybe no news is good news, just unfortunate there is a major delay. Was it an online application and was the evidence submitted on UKVCAS site?

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreerag » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:17 am

gorgon777 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:43 pm
Sreerag wrote:

Yes if there was a problem they should have contacted you by now. Maybe no news is good news, just unfortunate there is a major delay. Was it an online application and was the evidence submitted on UKVCAS site?
It was an online application made on 8th of April, submitted the docs via IDV app. I didn't know I could have gone for f2f appointment as well otherwise I would have done that too. We had to let go of a house because of this delay...

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreerag » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:41 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:29 am
Sreerag wrote:
gorgon777 wrote:
Sreerag wrote:

The answer you got unfortunately is what they will say. Escalation or involving MP not on the cards yet.
Any idea whether HO has stopped the visa processing due to this latest lockdown. I can't find any news or info related to this.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:53 am

No. HO have not stopped processing applications
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:57 am

Sreerag wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:41 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:29 am
Sreerag wrote:
gorgon777 wrote:

Any idea whether HO has stopped the visa processing due to this latest lockdown. I can't find any news or info related to this. Applications are still being processed, UKVCAS is open.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:44 am

It's your application. Call the Home Office for an update.

Failure for a suitable reply, contact your MP!

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

erocha4177
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by erocha4177 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:42 am

I applied August 24, got an email October 10 saying it’ll be delayed because of COVID and still haven’t heard anything back. I submitted my documents online and they’re reusing my biometrics from my last visa. (Applied for FLR M)