ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship eligibility for tier2 dependent who has ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhaya_235
Newly Registered
India

British citizenship eligibility for tier2 dependent who has ILR

Post by dhaya_235 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:47 pm

Beloved Forum members

I have a question before I could apply BC. I came to England on December 2014 as a Tier 2 Dependent.Due to family emergency I was out of country for 11months and came back on sep 2016 and again I was out of county for 8 months. Finally I came here on Nov 2017, since then I haven’t been out of country .I have obtained my ILR in 2019 December.

If I apply for my BC this December 2020,will home office still question my absence before my ILR.

I need a valuable suggestions please

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British citizenship eligibility for tier2 dependent who has ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:26 pm

You need to state your absences back to December 2015, if you apply this coming December.
If you satisfy the absence limits for the five year period there should not be a problem.
Refer to the guidance page 11: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
Not clear what the issue was with your absences before ILR.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Just a quick reckoning of your absences shows that you are well over the normal limit of 450 days, as well as over the 480 days which is normally disregarded. Best you wait a few month to bring down the total near the normal limit.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:05 pm

dhaya_235 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:47 pm
Beloved Forum members

I have a question before I could apply BC. I came to England on December 2014 as a Tier 2 Dependent.Due to family emergency I was out of country for 11months and came back on sep 2016 and again I was out of county for 8 months. Finally I came here on Nov 2017, since then I haven’t been out of country .I have obtained my ILR in 2019 December.

If I apply for my BC this December 2020,will home office still question my absence before my ILR.

I need a valuable suggestions please
What's your partner status? Is your spouse BC?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:36 am

dhaya_235 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:47 pm
I was out of country for 11months and came back on sep 2016
If you were out of the country for 11 months and returned in September 2016, that means that you were physically absent from the UK from October 2015 to September 2016.

If you are not married to a British citizen, there is a mandatory (non-discretionary) requirement that you have to be physically present in the country five years before the date of application for naturalisation.

So, if you are not married to a British citizen, the earliest that you could apply would be September 2021.

You have not mentioned when you left the country again, but if you left the country soon after September 2016, then your window of applying for naturalisation will be very limited in 2021.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.