ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application Via SET(m)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

ILR application Via SET(m)

Post by Jasminedutta » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:22 pm

I'm finishing 5 years of stay via FLR(m) in UK, in 9th of January 2021. I do have couple queries since, I am applying for ILR via SET(m). I have taken the Life In UK test too.

1). Does SET(m) application fully online these days ? or can I apply in person ?

2). I am freelancer. Is it okay if I show case my spouse annual income only, just to avoid too many documentation. And yes, my spouse annual income meets the requirement.

3).Does all the supporting documents should be uploaded online, or still have to submit them in person ?

4). Due to this COVID situation, Is it okay If I apply earlier than 28 days of my visa expiry ?

Please let me know. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR application Via SET(m)

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:24 pm

1) Online. Standard processing. SP is suspended.
2) Yes.
3) Uploaded online.
4) You can apply when you complete 5 years minus 28 days from date of entry in UK.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:22 pm

Thank you very much. previous response helped a lot. There is another section which has a question mentioned below.

Code: Select all

Where did you spend time outside the UK for more than 2 weeks?
Is it excluding Holidays ?

I did spend couple holidays in Europe which are more or less than 3 - 4 weeks, outside UK . Do I need to include those details as well. Thank you.

NadiiaR
Ukraine

Post by NadiiaR » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:04 pm

Yes, you should mention all your absence out of the UK which is longer than 2 weeks. It doesn't matter what is your reason of absence.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Thanks for the above response. that was very helpful.

1. Do I need to arrange 6 cohabitation proofs for each year (for 2018, 2019 and 2020) ? OR It has to be 6-sets of cohabitation documents altogether split across 2.5 years ?

2. Can we re-use same mortgage and council tax documents used for co-habitation, to prove "Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:00 pm

Jasminedutta wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 pm

1. Do I need to arrange 6 cohabitation proofs for each year (for 2018, 2019 and 2020) ? OR It has to be 6-sets of cohabitation documents altogether split across 2.5 years ?

2. Can we re-use same mortgage and council tax documents used for co-habitation, to prove "Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live ?
1. These need to be 6 if joint names or 12 if in sole names covering the last 2 years instead per year with even gaps of 3-4 months from at least 3 sources.

2. Yes you can.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mysara81
Newly Registered
England

Post by mysara81 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:03 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:00 pm
Jasminedutta wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 pm

1. These need to be 6 if joint names or 12 if in sole names covering the last 2 years instead per year with even gaps of 3-4 months from at least 3 sources.

2. Yes you can.
I see many senior member advises this throughout the forum, that the cohabitation period only need to cover the last 2 years - this is despite the online application form and the checklist specifically mentioning that it should cover 2.5 years. Can someone explain how they've come out to that figure 2 years, against the checklist requirement?

I've also seen many advises saying to split the gaps evenly 3-4 months, but if you actually do 3-4 months within 2 years you'd end up with more than 6 items of correspondence. 5 months gap is what will actually cover the period for 2 years (if we have to do 2.5 years as per checklist, the gap becomes wider at 6 months gap each)

Its quite confusing

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:28 pm

mysara81 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:03 pm
I've also seen many advises saying to split the gaps evenly 3-4 months, but if you actually do 3-4 months within 2 years you'd end up with more than 6 items of correspondence. 5 months gap is what will actually cover the period for 2 years (if we have to do 2.5 years as per checklist, the gap becomes wider at 6 months gap each)
When dealing with immigration authorities then slightly going above of the criteria is always deemed wiser to remain covered in all worst case scenarios. Therefore, if you have reasonably excessive cohabitation evidences then no harm in supplying these.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jasminedutta
United Kingdom

Post by Jasminedutta » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:16 pm

My passport expires in 8 months from now. Does 8 months passport validity is enough for an ILR application ? please suggest.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:17 pm

Jasminedutta wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:16 pm
My passport expires in 8 months from now. Does 8 months passport validity is enough for an ILR application ? please suggest.
All things being equal it should be OK. Most important is the validity on the day of application.