ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused.com

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Oxteen3065
Newly Registered
Bahrain

Confused.com

Post by Oxteen3065 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:02 pm

Hey Guys,

I am resident in England with my EEA Spouse Visa. Whenever me an my wife travel together within Europe I don't usually have a Visa on my Passport for our destination country.

However I have heard of people having 2 years Schengen Visa but not sure how accurate this is. Anyway what options do I have, is it possible to have a long term schengen Visa on my passport for situations where am joining my wife at a later time or simply surprising her when she goes home to see her family. Note that in this case I will be travelling alone.

long before I met my wife I went on few holidays within EU and on any Trip I usually have to apply for a visa that last 2 weeks or 1 week, only for the duration of my Trip.

Please, what category of Visa do I have to apply for in this case that is not time restricted (ie 2 or 3 weeks) ?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Confused.com

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:59 pm

I can't advise on Schengen visa but here's a good summary of requirements for travelling to EU from 1.1.2021:
https://www.the3million.org.uk/travel-to-the-eu
You need to check the consular webpage(s) of the countries you wish to visit.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.